Good bye Big 12

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
I heard this and I thought it was pretty good. I will miss some of the coaches. Guys like Snyder, Leach, Patterson, and Gundy. Many will look down their nose at the Big 12, but you were a big part of changing football. Patterson’s 4-2-5 (though started prior to the Big 12). Leach and the conference bringing the Air Raid to the nation. Leach won a NC at OU running the Air Raid. Veer and Shoot is a part of many offenses across the country now. Jon Heacock popularizing the 3 high safety look. Hell Venables went to ISU when he was at Clemson to study it and then ran it in the playoffs. Belicheck ran it vs the Dolphins this year. The odd talent discrepancy forced a lot of innovation.

i will miss the coaching presser meltdowns and of course.. the awesome officiating.. yes they sucked at actual refereeing, however they would beat the shit out of any other refs from any other conference.. Always putting on a gun show

1701054300349.png

I heard this and I thought it was pretty good. I will miss some of the coaches. Guys like Snyder, Leach, Patterson, and Gundy. Many will look down their nose at the Big 12, but you were a big part of changing football. Patterson’s 4-2-5 (though started prior to the Big 12). Leach and the conference bringing the Air Raid to the nation. Leach won a NC at OU running the Air Raid. Veer and Shoot is a part of many offenses across the country now. Jon Heacock popularizing the 3 high safety look. Hell Venables went to ISU when he was at Clemson to study it and then ran it in the playoffs. Belicheck ran it vs the Dolphins this year. The odd talent discrepancy forced a lot of innovation.
You left out the Oklahoma offenses of Lincoln Riley. After he started at OU literally every NFL team came to talk offense with him in the offseason, shame he is a dickhead that can only think on one side of the ball, he’s a genius on offense.

You left out the Oklahoma offenses of Lincoln Riley. After he started at OU literally every NFL team came to talk offense with him in the offseason, shame he is a dickhead that can only think on one side of the ball, he’s a genius on offense.
big deal.. the NFL actually took KK from Lubbock

big deal.. the NFL actually took KK from Lubbock
He sucked. I don’t like Riley but literally every single NFL team came to Norman to talk offense. Facts.

He sucked. I don’t like Riley but literally every single NFL team came to Norman to talk offense. Facts.

Sadly, most OU QBs have not fared well in the NFL.

Sadly, most OU QBs have not fared well in the NFL.
Hurts looking pretty strong. Verdict still out on Murray I think. Baker is what he is, can still start in the league. Remember the name Jackson Arnold.

Hurts looking pretty strong. Verdict still out on Murray I think. Baker is what he is, can still start in the league. Remember the name Jackson Arnold.
Hurts is a Bama QB, not an OU product.

It's cute that you want to claim him though.

It was pre Big 12 but you could include Emory Bellard's wishbone in there too. Even though he was an assistant.

Hell, the other two (Mayfield and Murray( didn't start out at OU either.
Matters not, the point was making was they went to OU for the innovative offense, just like the nfl teams coming to learn.

Matters not, the point was making was they went to OU for the innovative offense, just like the nfl teams coming to learn.
Sure. That may well have played into Mayfield leaving Tech and it wasn't solely because of a feud with KK. We all know what the biggest motivation for him leaving was.

Sure. That may well have played into Mayfield leaving Tech and it wasn't solely because of a feud with KK. We all know what the biggest motivation for him leaving was.
The shine is off but Riley was the QB guru there for a bit.

It will always be the Big 8/12 to me with heavy emphasis on the Big 8.

Oklahoma's Wishbone offense vs Nebraska's Power I triple option offense for the conference championship and a trip to the Orange Bowl.

I knew the names of Oklahoma's backfield just as good as I knew Nebraska's. I knew Oklahoma's defense names just as good as I knew Nebraska's.

Sooner Magic was coined back then.