GTA 6

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 58,573.00
FINALLY starting to get some details on the new release almost 10 years after the release of 5. Sounds like it might be a 2023 or 2024 release, though won't be shocked by a 2025 release. Details so far;

-First female lead in a role inspired by Bonnie and Clyde. So it sounds like you'll be able to switch between characters similar to 5. (Both characters are latino)
-Game initially set in Miami but other locations will be added. Even without the other locations added via updates, it sounds like its gonna be massive.

FINALLY starting to get some details on the new release almost 10 years after the release of 5. Sounds like it might be a 2023 or 2024 release, though won't be shocked by a 2025 release. Details so far;

-First female lead in a role inspired by Bonnie and Clyde. So it sounds like you'll be able to switch between characters similar to 5. (Both characters are latino)
-Game initially set in Miami but other locations will be added. Even without the other locations added via updates, it sounds like its gonna be massive.

Not a fan of repeatedly recycling the same three GTA locations. Miami had been long-rumored, but I was hoping they'd be more innovative than that.

Not a fan of repeatedly recycling the same three GTA locations. Miami had been long-rumored, but I was hoping they'd be more innovative than that.

A version of Vice City with modern gaming systems can be pretty sweet though. Much more levels of detail than previous games. And while there's no hints at what the other added locations will be, the rumors of "Vice City" include other parts of Florida, which could be interesting.

Initially, the idea for 6 was to have locations set up in North and South America, like following one large cartel operation, but they had to scrap it because the vision was just too large for developers to pull off. The sense I get though is they still want to try to get some of that feel, hence we're getting Miami and other locations added later.

Granted this was back in like 2015, but I remember hearing GTA VI was supposed to have a map that included Miami, LA, NYC and I think Chicago. Rolling that out is going to be something.

-First female lead in a role inspired by Bonnie and Clyde.
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Did GTA ever do anything with Multiplayer that was actually fun?

GTA doing a battle royale would be pretty sweet.

I played GTA Online and the open world sandbox thing doesn't really translate to fun.

The best part of GTA Online for me was waking up one morning and seeing that a hacker put like $500 billion into my account. The cash flow proceeded to add probably 10 extra hours of gameplay from me, then I got bored again.

Jesus, when did 5 come out? Like 2011? I just want Red Dead 3, so apparently I should expect that to be a good 20 years out.

Jesus, when did 5 come out? Like 2011? I just want Red Dead 3, so apparently I should expect that to be a good 20 years out.
Yeah Rockstar games tends to take years to release it's annoying

Yeah Rockstar games tends to take years to release it's annoying
My god, I just looked it up, thought I was being hyperbolic, but it released in 2013, so has spanned 3 generations of console now. Gonna be more than a decade before they release the follow up. What the shit are they doing over there?

My god, I just looked it up, thought I was being hyperbolic, but it released in 2013, so has spanned 3 generations of console now. Gonna be more than a decade before they release the follow up. What the shit are they doing over there?
The one justification they have is that their games tend to be so large and so detailed that it does take that long to put the games together. Still ridiculous given the advances in technology, but that is one of the explanations I can think of, just extremely large and interactive games.

I wish they'd release a new GTA every couple of years, which IIRC they used to do back in the early 00's, a new GTA came out like every other year. But now with online game play, open world, etc. I think it takes them forever.

It should be a single 1st player. And that player: Trevor Phillips. The greatest character in video game history.

Steven Ogg FTW

This guy's thread apparently has GTA game footage leaks. Still early(ish) development

It's happening for reals this time. Rockstar announced the first trailer is coming this December