GTA 6

D6FtxiAcSrS5JC4tD6xwpozZOkVM0__2MwpoTRAZ2b8-4385_1636764128.jpg
That game had better character development than 4 or 5.

Being able to train your dude to run faster/longer or lift weights to get buff was a fucking riot. Not to mention the actual story/gameplay development was better too. It’s probably the best game in the whole series.

That game had better character development than 4 or 5.

Being able to train your dude to run faster/longer or lift weights to get buff was a fucking riot. Not to mention the actual story/gameplay development was better too. It’s probably the best game in the whole series.

San Andreas is one of the GOAT video games. It still blows me away how massive the game was considering what kind of hardware consoles were operating on in the early 2000's, in terms of map size and features. Great soundtrack to boot.

GTA6 will fail in the same way Starfield did because its an old and tired formula. The world has moved on from that play style.

GTA6 will fail in the same way Starfield did because its an old and tired formula. The world has moved on from that play style.
I don't expect GTA 6 to fail.

I don't think Starfield "failed" because it was a old and tired formula, it failed because the intended scope of the game was so large that development would've taken multiple decades to program what they truly wanted to do. Bethesda ultimately decided to get Starfield to a playable state knowing it was a hollow shell of what they truly intended then released it so their developers and modders could jointly build the game into what they truly wanted. Like almost all new open world video games being published today, the game is weak at launch but will grow into a pretty good game over time.

GTA 6, from all reports I've seen, had a similar initial grand scope of multiple cities in one game that was simply too massive to execute within a single hardware platform cycle; but unlike Bethesda, Rockstar has scaled things back considerably. I suspect GTA 6 is being built with the concept of starting relatively small in scope (in relation to their grand vision) and including massive future scope expansions. ...Incremental ones. I.E. GTA 6 at launch is a fully-realized and polished Miami-only environment, but a future expansion could be an entirely new city that takes two years to develop but flows virtually seamlessly with Miami and whatever other cities get developed. If you program the foundation for such a vision but keep things scaled back at launch, that makes it more possible to realize the grand vision without sacrificing the game's [re]playability at launch.

Beyond that, GTA has existing lore an existing culture of GTA gamers. Starfield is brand new lore and Bethesda hedged on their gaming community from Fallout and Elder Scrolls to immerse themselves in Starfield while simultaneously excluding Playstation gamers (including me) from the experience.

Trailer dropping Dec 5th at 9amEST

Trailer dropped early.

Looks fucking sweet.

Releases in 2025

People still play GTA 5 10 years later. It it fails it’s not the play style.

I honestly didn't think GTA6 could ever hit the market in today's society. After watching the trailer, and I played a LOT of GTA5, I still can't imagine it will escape a lot of the stereotype criticism.

I honestly didn't think GTA6 could ever hit the market in today's society. After watching the trailer, and I played a LOT of GTA5, I still can't imagine it will escape a lot of the stereotype criticism.
Criticism from where, though? I don't think the people buying it are going to give a shit and any faux outrage is just free publicity.

undecided if I like Miami as the location. Tough to think of a new interesting place though. Really up in the air if I’ll get the game or not though. Never finished 5, the jumping around between characters really annoyed me.

undecided if I like Miami as the location. Tough to think of a new interesting place though. Really up in the air if I’ll get the game or not though. Never finished 5, the jumping around between characters really annoyed me.
I was really hoping they would dive into a completely new location in 6. Doing Miami again takes away a level of excitement for me, but I'm still interested. If they did something similar to San Andreas and simulated three major cities in Florida instead of one (obviously on a larger scale) that would be pretty sweet. Miami, Orlando and Tampa could be pretty badass - especially if they also include some military bases (i.e. MacDill & Patrick) along with Cape Canaveral/Kennedy Space Center.

I played through the entire GTA5 story twice and spent a lot of time on GTA Online. I anticipate something similar with 6. One thing that would hook me even more is if my wife and I could co-op the offline story.

I was really hoping they would dive into a completely new location in 6. Doing Miami again takes away a level of excitement for me, but I'm still interested. If they did something similar to San Andreas and simulated three major cities in Florida instead of one (obviously on a larger scale) that would be pretty sweet. Miami, Orlando and Tampa could be pretty badass - especially if they also include some military bases (i.e. MacDill & Patrick) along with Cape Canaveral/Kennedy Space Center.

I played through the entire GTA5 story twice and spent a lot of time on GTA Online. I anticipate something similar with 6. One thing that would hook me even more is if my wife and I could co-op the offline story.
Honestly I wish they would have done like a global design, like combine Moscow with Dubai and London or some shit.

The trailer suggests they are doing a way grungier vice city, but still it’s just vice city. Rehashed cities seem kinda lazy imo

It's not just Miami though. It's basically gonna be the state of Florida. Vice City is just the primary setting.

Excited. Don’t die brothers.