Guaranteed Salary Thursday

my wife and I are poor compared to most of the parents on our kids team....well I should say the old team. the new team will be adding quite a bit of diversity shall we say.

But this Saturday he's trying out for swimming. That is super expensive but he's kind of a natural at that if he's a natural at anything.
Why is swimming so expensive?(Not trying to be a smartass)

Why is swimming so expensive?(Not trying to be a smartass)

you have to be a member of this specific Y because they have the youth swim team attached to it and then the fees per month on top of that is another 75. so like 150 a month basically. Because this Y is not near me.

the end times are upon us

you have to be a member of this specific Y because they have the youth swim team attached to it and then the fees per month on top of that is another 75. so like 150 a month basically. Because this Y is not near me.
school doesn't have a swim team?

guess times have changed since i was a kid

HA! That’s the exact gif my wife sends me when I tell her it’s time to Venmo more money for some kids sport.
...I find it weird when a married couple venmos each other money...

...I find it weird when a married couple venmos each other money...

Why would she Venmo me? I don’t run the leagues.

Why would she Venmo me? I don’t run the leagues.
oh, that wasn't clear in your post. I thought she was asking you to Venmo her money so she could pay for the league fees.

I didn't realize leagues accept venmo

oh, that wasn't clear in your post. I thought she was asking you to Venmo her money so she could pay for the league fees.

Oh yes, I had to create an account for Venmo when we started the flag football league. That is the preferred method for parents & sponsors.

My bad. I’m at that age where technology is passing me by. If I can’t PayPal it or use my debit card to pay for something, I need the wife to use her Venmo or Gazelle or whatever new thing they are requesting.

These teams he’s on now is a lot of the same kids, so usually one mom is in charge of collecting all the funds for leagues, uniforms etc. So lots of Venmo and stuff like that involved.

Oh yes, I had to create an account for Venmo when we started the flag football league. That is the preferred method for parents & sponsors.
for some reason the chair/president of the volleyball league I commission in is against using Venmo to pay for the team and I have no idea why.

Instead we have a sign up day where we sit around and drink beer and wait for team captains to show up with a check or cash...so that's pretty fun.

I remember the first time someone asked me to Gazelle them. They may as well have asked me to recite the Chinese alphabet.

WTF happened to PayPal?

I remember the first time someone asked me to Gazelle them. They may as well have asked me to recite the Chinese alphabet.

WTF happened to PayPal?
it's still there...but I use it more for buying stuff online when I don't feel like finding my wallet

My kids are still in rec leagues. Holding back on the travel ball for as long as possible. That's where the money starts pumping.
Yep, I told my cousin that. He bitches all the time about his youngest travel baseball team. It's basically a group of dads that their kids didn't make better travel teams. We aren't doing that crap. The training center for wrestling we drop in maybe 2x a month for $20 a drop in. Buck should probably go more if he's going to stick with it.