Happy Monday

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Morning losers

Ok weekend, not very exciting. Did test drive BMW X3 M40, it was pretty sweet. I think i've pivoted and that is what I'll get, I didn't want a boring a SUV and this is not boring, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. Looking at some 2021 or 2022's. I really liked one I drove, but had more miles than I Prefer and one with lower mileage wasn't color I preferred

but the one like I was BMW certified, warranty through march of 2026 so 54K miles concern is eased a bit, and engine they use is rock solid and one of the most reliable engines out there

Yesterday took the mrs out of breakfast, did some chores, and watched a little football

Friday night celebrated my brother's birthday and came home to watch college hockey.

Saturday watched HS wrestling in morning to afternoon as tournament began. Alma mater was 2nd but only team to advance everyone through. Northern county rivals won again as they had more champs. Then had a "Christmas" with my paternal grandma. Wrapped the night watching the HS basketball team get beat by the #1 team in the state in a pretty close game at the end.

Yesterday we had wrestling. Both boys got 2nd. Our team dominated with a bunch of champs & 2nds. Had a few 3rd & 4ths. Our team won by a large margin. Then watched my 49ers. Holy cow did the Lions blow that one!

Replaced the mailbox on Saturday morning. Thankfully with the rain and warmer temps we had it wasn't a bad project at all.

mixed feelings on lions losing

as a viking fan would be nice to see long suffering fan base see a SB

as a viking fan, hate to see franchise that throughout my life has been far worse than the vikings make the SB before they did (In my lifetime, i wasn't around for their 0-4 performances)

no snow here and all ice on local ice rinks have melted
Had rain yesterday and it changed over to snow overnight. I don't think its going to stay cold though

Broke out the grill last night

Going to pick up some chicken wings tonight so I can throw those on the grill, make some hot honey wings

Morning, turds.

Got the Christmas decorations at the in-laws' house away yesterday. MiL looks the best we've seen her since she went to the hospital. She had the gallbladder taken out on Thursday. She's not been as mobile since the operation, which is to be expected as she heals. We've also been helping them with groceries. Bought them a lot of microwavable meals, since FiL doesn't seem to want to do much cooking or cleaning.

The one thing that pisses me off about the situation is that every time we go there, MiL complains about how FiL "doesn't do anything", yet she's fed, is taken to the bathroom by him, has clean clothes, etc. Sure, there's things that are a bit dirtier than they were before she got sick, and he doesn't water her plants the way she wants them, but he's at least taking care of the basics. Don't know why this bothers me so much.

Morning, turds.

Got the Christmas decorations at the in-laws' house away yesterday. MiL looks the best we've seen her since she went to the hospital. She had the gallbladder taken out on Thursday. She's not been as mobile since the operation, which is to be expected as she heals. We've also been helping them with groceries. Bought them a lot of microwavable meals, since FiL doesn't seem to want to do much cooking or cleaning.

The one thing that pisses me off about the situation is that every time we go there, MiL complains about how FiL "doesn't do anything", yet she's fed, is taken to the bathroom by him, has clean clothes, etc. Sure, there's things that are a bit dirtier than they were before she got sick, and he doesn't water her plants the way she wants them, but he's at least taking care of the basics. Don't know why this bothers me so much.
Being a caregiver, especially in your own home is a tough job. Its nice that you are helping out

Morning, turds.

Most likely (like you said), things aren't being taken "care of" like the way she wants them to be and the way she used to do it.

My dad is in the same spot... He does everything since my mom was diagnosed with Alzhiemers. It is not an easy task at all and until you find yourself in said position no one can tell you differently

Best of luck to your FIL and yourself Guy!

Most likely (like you said), things aren't being taken "care of" like the way she wants them to be and the way she used to do it.

My bad is in the same spot... He does everything since my mom was diagnosed with Alzhiemers. It is not an easy task at all and until you find yourself in said position no one can tell you differently

Some of it makes sense in that usually the wife was taking care of the house, has their "way" of doing things, etc. She likely took pride in that and feels bad she is unable to right now.

My bad is in the same spot... He does everything since my mom was diagnosed with Alzhiemers. It is not an easy task at all and until you find yourself in said position no one can tell you differently

Thanks.

I did actually speak up at one point yesterday when she said that.

We've joked at his expense plenty during this, but he's basically gone from his wife running the house to almost watching her die next to him because she wouldn't go to the hospital, and has been taking care of her at home since Christmas.

There's going to be bumps in the road as he becomes the main person doing stuff around the house, and I hope at some point they get back to being able to cook a little bit, because eating prepared foods day in and day out isn't the best. Hopefully she continues to get stronger and can be more mobile.

Thought so too. Then Aiyuk caught that pass after it Detroit in the face mask, and I could sense a come back. Shades of beating Campbell when he was with Giants as a player.
I switched to something else because I thought it was going to be a blowout. Checked the score later on my phone, damn