Heading To Upstate NY

Just met up with @Fog and his lady in Watertown for lunch. Two very cool people. If they get to your neck of the woods, make sure to have them by.

:yo:
It was really nice meeting you @dikowt dowg

The wedding is over and it's time to relax and do a few things. We're going to a water park today somewhere south...lol

Then after that I'm smoking them a batch of my ribs. For a taste test. Maybe they can serve some ribs at their lunch venue.

I'm getting ready to take my wife to the airport next week to fly to her parents for three weeks before I come up for almost a week. I'm actually kinda looking forward to it this time as they said when I come we can do whatever I want that whole time. Anyone know if the baseball HoF is worth $28 a head? I'm going to start doing some research and go to every historical house within driving distance.

BTW, the house I mentioned earlier was the Hyde House and I loved it. Fascinating. I mean, it seriously is like you are walking into that house in 1830. They are restoring the ballroom to look new, but the rest of the house is as-is, which made it pretty damned interesting.

Anyone have recommendations for a two-hr radius from Cooperstown? Food included?

I'm getting ready to take my wife to the airport next week to fly to her parents for three weeks before I come up for almost a week. I'm actually kinda looking forward to it this time as they said when I come we can do whatever I want that whole time. Anyone know if the baseball HoF is worth $28 a head? I'm going to start doing some research and go to every historical house within driving distance.

BTW, the house I mentioned earlier was the Hyde House and I loved it. Fascinating. I mean, it seriously is like you are walking into that house in 1830. They are restoring the ballroom to look new, but the rest of the house is as-is, which made it pretty damned interesting.

Anyone have recommendations for a two-hr radius from Cooperstown? Food included?

I don't know that area at all...but where are you flying into?

Anyone know if the baseball HoF is worth $28 a head? I'm going to start doing some research and go to every historical house within driving distance.
its baseball.... so, fat ass nope

If you're flying into Albany, you'll be near Saratoga and Ballston Spa. Maybe you've already seen them; both have hot springs, lots of old historic hotels, and have both been featured in several movies. We used to stop at this really good Mexican place in Saratoga but I'll never remember the name and don't know if it's still open. The horse track is a good time if you like horse tracks but it's not my thing.

Ballston was founded by the grand father of Stephen Douglas. It's an OLD town and has lots of historic buildings on the national register, if you like old buildings.

Ballston was founded by the grand father of Stephen Douglas. It's an OLD town and has lots of historic buildings on the national register, if you like old buildings.
is this just a nice way of saying the whole place smells like a nursing home and church basement combined?

Albany where my B-I-L lives.
If you're flying into Albany, you'll be near Saratoga and Ballston Spa. Maybe you've already seen them; both have hot springs, lots of old historic hotels, and have both been featured in several movies. We used to stop at this really good Mexican place in Saratoga but I'll never remember the name and don't know if it's still open. The horse track is a good time if you like horse tracks but it's not my thing.

Saratoga Springs has a nice horse track.

Saratoga Horse Racing Tickets

@HammerDown we ended going to a couple of cemeteries one in NY where it was off the beaten path had some older headstone. The oldest one was 1779 but most were in the 1800's. The other was in Salem the oldest cemetery in the US and saw where the Capt. of the May Flower was buried. the oldest headstone was from 1673. As we were driving around we must have seen a few dozen cemeteries but didn't have enough time to explore them all. Overall it was really cool and eerie visiting these cemeteries. Also say the hanging site of the witches of Salem.

Went to a place called Boldt Castle...very cool

Boldt Castle - Wikipedia

BoldtCastle_aerial.jpg

@HammerDown we ended going to a couple of cemeteries one in NY where it was off the beaten path had some older headstone. The oldest one was 1779 but most were in the 1800's. The other was in Salem the oldest cemetery in the US and saw where the Capt. of the May Flower was buried. the oldest headstone was from 1673. As we were driving around we must have seen a few dozen cemeteries but didn't have enough time to explore them all. Overall it was really cool and eerie visiting these cemeteries. Also say the hanging site of the witches of Salem.
Did you see the the little witch memorial they did with the bench’s there?

Suzanna Martin (executed for being a witchy women) was some level of great grandmother of mine.

Reactions: Fog
Did you see the the little witch memorial they did with the bench’s there?

Suzanna Martin (executed for being a witchy women) was some level of great grandmother of mine.
Yes I did...I do have a picture of Suzanna Martins bench....I'll see if I can post it

Yes I did...I do have a picture of Suzanna Martins bench....I'll see if I can post it
Awesome.

I have a few of me sitting on it.

Always have been proud she laughed at her accusations during the trial.