Healthy Eats

how else?
0005150072001_2_A1C1_1200.png

Extra crunchy is way better....cmon man

The wife and I have set the goal to eat a lot healthier in 2021. The goal is to make things in volume and eat them over multiple days. Some examples of what we are making:

Cucumber Tomato salad - Basically tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and light Greek dressing.

Chicken Salad - Rotisserie chicken, walnuts, grapes, parsley, red onion, celery mixed with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper.

Tuna Salad - Tuna, parsley, banana peppers, celery, red onion, lemon juice mixed with taziki sauce.

Pasta and Shrimp - Chickpea pasta, artichoke hearts, Greek olives, Greek seasoning, cherry tomatoes, red onion, goat cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, shrimp and mushrooms.

Anyone have additional suggestions?

Those Birkenstocks you wear are really fuckin' with your Alabama-boy mind! ;)

Many people seem to think because I'm a vegetarian, I eat really healthy foods at all times.
That isn't the case, but I do know of lots of healthier meatless dishes which can always have meat added, if one wants.

Two of my "make a lot, then eat on for days" standards are black bean chili and pasta sauce. One can make a very flavorful and healthy pasta sauce, then use it for pasta (whether traditional pasta, one of the more new-fangled varieites, or, hell, even spaghetti squash or paper-thin slices of zucchini (you need a mandoline to get them thin enough), or polenta, or whatever. Adding red wine to the tomato sauce, is, imo, the key to making it extra delicious and less likely to make those who are used to meat-based pasta sauces to miss the meat. The chili is really just black beans, onion, tomato and tomato paste, but with a ton of spices. I always eyeball the spices, but I'm planning on making a pot sometime in the next week or two, so if you're interested in trying it, let me know, and I'll actually measure the stuff.

Once the weather warms up enough to grill, if you haven't grilled many vegetables, you're in for a treat.

Those Birkenstocks you wear are really fuckin' with your Alabama-boy mind! ;)

Many people seem to think because I'm a vegetarian, I eat really healthy foods at all times.
That isn't the case, but I do know of lots of healthier meatless dishes which can always have meat added, if one wants.

Two of my "make a lot, then eat on for days" standards are black bean chili and pasta sauce. One can make a very flavorful and healthy pasta sauce, then use it for pasta (whether traditional pasta, one of the more new-fangled varieites, or, hell, even spaghetti squash or paper-thin slices of zucchini (you need a mandoline to get them thin enough), or polenta, or whatever. Adding red wine to the tomato sauce, is, imo, the key to making it extra delicious and less likely to make those who are used to meat-based pasta sauces to miss the meat. The chili is really just black beans, onion, tomato and tomato paste, but with a ton of spices. I always eyeball the spices, but I'm planning on making a pot sometime in the next week or two, so if you're interested in trying it, let me know, and I'll actually measure the stuff.

Once the weather warms up enough to grill, if you haven't grilled many vegetables, you're in for a treat.
grilled zucchini might be my favorite thing in the world

The wife and I have set the goal to eat a lot healthier in 2021. The goal is to make things in volume and eat them over multiple days. Some examples of what we are making:

Cucumber Tomato salad - Basically tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and light Greek dressing.

Chicken Salad - Rotisserie chicken, walnuts, grapes, parsley, red onion, celery mixed with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper.

Tuna Salad - Tuna, parsley, banana peppers, celery, red onion, lemon juice mixed with taziki sauce.

Pasta and Shrimp - Chickpea pasta, artichoke hearts, Greek olives, Greek seasoning, cherry tomatoes, red onion, goat cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, shrimp and mushrooms.

Anyone have additional suggestions?

How long did this last???

O/U is at 30 days.