Home Office

Thanks for your contribution to the thread. Your input will be invaluable to OP when he decides to take on this project.

You've made several claims in this thread and yet you have failed to explain the procedures on how to actually do a single one.

But you forgot more about crown molding than anyone else ever knew.....
I told you how to get it done right in my first comment. HIRE A FUCKING PROFESSIONAL cuz you don't know what you're doing.

I told you how to get it done right in my first comment. HIRE A FUCKING PROFESSIONAL cuz you don't know what you're doing.

So you got nothing. Just as I suspected....

No, I wouldn't do it like that. I would just do all the pieces on one wall and then take the measurements for the next wall and head for the cutting station. Gotta remember, if you're coping the inside corners like you're supposed to you have a little bit to play with as one wall overlaps the other. The really tricky shit is when you get to the last wall and you have to cope both ends,
I'm not coping any inside corners because I'm running lighting behind it. Kinda hard to do when the piece behind the cope runs to the wall. Insides will be mitred...

Had to help my FIL with some work he is doing on his garage on saturday, so this project got pushed to next weekend, though I'm going to purchase and paint all the pieces this week if I can clear some room in my garage to paint multiple 12' boards.

Last edited:

do you also hire a professional to change the blinker fluid in your car?

I'm not coping any inside corners because I'm running lighting behind it. Kinda hard to do when the piece behind the cope runs to the wall. Insides will be mitred...

Had to help my FIL with some work he is doing on his garage on saturday, but this project got pushed to next weekend, though I'm going to purchase and paint all the pieces this week if I can clear some room in my garage to paint multiple 12' boards.
Make a notch in the molding behind the cope to allow for your light string before you put it up.

do you also hire a professional to change the blinker fluid in your car?
I was a mechanic in the Air Force, I can handle changing out my own blinker fluid :thumb:

I need to figure out how I am going to configure my space. Still have boxes of shit in here from storage.

I have to build the closet interiors, which should help me get the extra shit out of both my son's future room and my office. Then we need to figure out if we need half the stuff we have.

Was hoping we would have been able to do all this while I was home on paternity leave.

I remember visiting friends a few weeks before they had their first kid and the soon to be dad telling me about all his plans to get stuff done like organize his garage because he'll have all this time off for paternity leave when the baby comes. I just laughed and laughed... then told him to do anything he wants RIGHT FUCKING NOW before the baby comes or it's never getting done.

Next time I visited I made him show me his garage. It was almost as bad as mine.