How do MLB fans feel about St. Louis Cardinals?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
On paper the Cardinals are the second most successful MLB franchise behind the Yankees. They claim the second most world series titles with 11. They have the most NL Central league titles. One of the best winning percentages in the MLB. Basically they are second to the Yankees in everything. But most of their success is from before the 80's.

In my perspective, the Cardinals are a consistently mediocre team with occasional breakout years that lead to a WS win or appearance. I don't see them as just one notch below the Yankees when it comes to success. In fact, I wouldn't even put the Cardinals as a top 5 MLB team of the last 30 years, but I know this is likely to be impossible and false, I'm sure any fact sheet or MLB fan would rank the Cardinals as a top 3 team easily of the last 30 years, but I just don't see it.

Teams with multiple World Series titles this millennium:

Red Sox
Giants
Cardinals

I think they've been a model of consistency and I'm pretty envious that they've never had to rebuild since I've paid attention. They're in the playoff mix pretty much every year. Well ran franchise.

But, Yadier Molina is a douche and him being there makes it incredibly hard to like them.

On paper the Cardinals are the second most successful MLB franchise behind the Yankees. They claim the second most world series titles with 11. They have the most NL Central league titles. One of the best winning percentages in the MLB. Basically they are second to the Yankees in everything. But most of their success is from before the 80's.

In my perspective, the Cardinals are a consistently mediocre team with occasional breakout years that lead to a WS win or appearance. I don't see them as just one notch below the Yankees when it comes to success. In fact, I wouldn't even put the Cardinals as a top 5 MLB team of the last 30 years, but I know this is likely to be impossible and false, I'm sure any fact sheet or MLB fan would rank the Cardinals as a top 3 team easily of the last 30 years, but I just don't see it.
Not a top 5 team over 30 yrs? Well, ok lol, but they're damn sure a top 5 over the last 20. And as a Reds fan, its not like I enjoy admitting to that reality

The Cards were involved in my all time favorite World Series, 1987... so i'm a big fan!

EDIT... Fuck you Tommy Herr!!

Sure they are a well run franchise, the fact they are consistently good and always in the playoff running is a sign of that. But, also consider the division they are in and how it hasn't been that competitive of a division of the last 20 years. Just now are there multiple teams that are pretty good in that division with the Cubs and Brewers, and a solid Reds team if they can stay healthy, and look where the Cardinals find themselves. Struggling.

Sure they are a well run franchise, the fact they are consistently good and always in the playoff running is a sign of that. But, also consider the division they are in and how it hasn't been that competitive of a division of the last 20 years. Just now are there multiple teams that are pretty good in that division with the Cubs and Brewers, and a solid Reds team if they can stay healthy, and look where the Cardinals find themselves. Struggling.
They've made up bigger deficits in far less time, I'm not counting them out, but they've won the Central with other good teams several times this century, they have more WS titles than the Yankees this century including a more recent one. I'd say they're the second best franchise of all time and the second best this century. Yeah, the Giants have one more ring, but the Giants have been pretty mediocre to bad outside of those WS years, so I'd put the Cards above them due to consistency.

No need to be a DICK.

The Cards were involved in my all time favorite World Series, 1987... so i'm a big fan!

EDIT... Fuck you Tommy Herr!!
I remember that year. That's the year Twins Stadium (Metrodome?) had the hvac fans blowing out when they were at bat and then blowing in then the Cards were at bat.

I remember that year. That's the year Twins Stadium (Metrodome?) had the hvac fans blowing out when they were at bat and then blowing in then the Cards were at bat.

90 base runners in 59 innings helped too.

Red Sox
Giants
Cardinals

I think they've been a model of consistency and I'm pretty envious that they've never had to rebuild since I've paid attention. They're in the playoff mix pretty much every year. Well ran franchise.

But, Yadier Molina is a douche and him being there makes it incredibly hard to like them.

^^^^^^^
This

Red Sox
Giants
Cardinals

The national media still loves the Yankees & Dodgers.

The Yankees and Dodgers are ruining baseball.

And that’s the thing there. We don’t get the Cardinals shoved at us nearly as much as Yankees or Dodgers.

Im disconnected from cable for…..seven years now. I’m aware these teams are shoved at us in national games way too much and all the media does is yap about them. I get it.

I’m admittedly envious of the Cardinals general consistency. But I don’t hate them. They might have had most of their titles way back when….but they’ve been consistent and won titles this millennia as well.

The Yankees and Dodgers are ruining baseball.

And that’s the thing there. We don’t get the Cardinals shoved at us nearly as much as Yankees or Dodgers.

Im disconnected from cable for…..seven years now. I’m aware these teams are shoved at us in national games way too much and all the media does is yap about them. I get it.

I’m admittedly envious of the Cardinals general consistency. But I don’t hate them. They might have had most of their titles way back when….but they’ve been consistent and won titles this millennia as well.
I used to be stationed in the St. Louis area and loved going to games there. One other thing I personally like about the Cards is that their fans are pretty cool, and don't have the usual douchebaggery that Yankees and Dodgers fans do.

I used to be stationed in the St. Louis area and loved going to games there. One other thing I personally like about the Cards is that their fans are pretty cool, and don't have the usual douchebaggery that Yankees and Dodgers fans do.
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Cards fans like and actively pull for Yadier Molina, so they are douchebags. Not as bad as Dodger or Philly fans, but still douchebags

You were stationed at Scott? When?