Poll How long before SMU wins an ACC title?

quando?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 246,500.00
We know they're already the 3rd best football team in this basketball league. So how long before they win an ACC championship and make the playoffs?

Joe Biden Thank You GIF by The Democrats

They will come in as strong as Nebraska to the B1G.

Poor bastards.

SMU don't do shit until they're getting paid, so it's gonna be a minute.

I voted 1-3 years. they could win an ACC championship in badminton or some shit.

I'm just shaking my head thinking SMU is giving up 9 years of network revenue to get in the ACC so they will receive revenue for about 4 years before the league loses its big guns in 2036 and will be making probably about the same money as AAC schools at that point anyway.

This is not a golden ticket situation and they are treating it that way.

With no NIL restrictions and a neutered NCAA,..............

About the same time Rutgers wins a Big 10 title.

I'm just shaking my head thinking SMU is giving up 9 years of network revenue to get in the ACC so they will receive revenue for about 4 years before the league loses its big guns in 2036 and will be making probably about the same money as AAC schools at that point anyway.

What are they getting now from the AAC? I'm sure they did the math out, but I agree.

What are they getting now from the AAC? I'm sure they did the math out, but I agree.

I know what SMU's not getting much of from the AAC........ Exposure.

They'll now have a conference network.

Similar could be said for Cal and Stanford as the PAC 12 Network had limited visibility and is likely dead July 1st 2024 anyway.

The revenue they’re foregoing, is what they are currently making, correct?

Another words, if they didn’t get into the ACC, they would be getting AAC money. They will now get neither, so what they’re losing is what they were making in the AAC.

Over nine years, what’s that about $40 million? They could raise that in an afternoon.

The revenue they’re foregoing, is what they are currently making, correct?

Another words, if they didn’t get into the ACC, they would be getting AAC money. They will now get neither, so what they’re losing is what they were making in the AAC.

Over nine years, what’s that about $40 million? They could raise that in an afternoon.
7mm a year so 63mm plus estimates between 10 & 18mm exit fee.

It’s going to cost them 70mm minimum over the 9 years.

They aren't winning anything. Because the Georgia Tech Rise To Power begins tonight.

The Sleeping Giant is about to awaken.
So we can agree that SMU needs to go through Tech in order to win it