I catch ‘em when I go!

Are you getting excited? Because I can barely focus on anything I'm so pumped for mine. Two weeks from tomorrow I'll be sipping ice cold Coors on a boat.
I bought a new 3 wt reel, backing, fly line, tippet, etc. Need to get it all together though.

I think I have a plan for the trip and all my gear...I am ready to get up there.

the cabin has a generator but no electricity, so that will be interesting. Everything is wood burning.

I bought a new 3 wt reel, backing, fly line, tippet, etc. Need to get it all together though.

I think I have a plan for the trip and all my gear...I am ready to get up there.

the cabin has a generator but no electricity, so that will be interesting. Everything is wood burning.
My next big *fun* purchase is going to be one of those lithium huge capacity battery packs. I have some of the smaller ones to charge USB devices but I'd love to be able to plug in some larger things. Our cabin has a single solar light inside, and one outside.

My next big *fun* purchase is going to be one of those lithium huge capacity battery packs. I have some of the smaller ones to charge USB devices but I'd love to be able to plug in some larger things. Our cabin has a single solar light inside, and one outside.
that really isn't a bad idea...

I mean, if I need to charge something, I can turn the car on....

I do have one of those batteries though for backup. I will need to charge that for this trip.

should make a packing list soon

Every time I come in here, it seems you've bought new gear.

Have you actually been out yet?

Okay, dole, okay.
Don't be telling him how to spend his monies!!

Okay, dole, okay.
Don't be telling him how to spend his monies!!
I just wanna know if he's catching any goddamned fish yet, ayight!
giphy.gif

I did some lake fishing but haven't been to any streams yet...not many by me so it takes some effort.

this time I was just going through my reels and what lines I have and wanted to make sure I had the right set up for Penns. I have been prepping for this trip for a few weeks now.

I did some lake fishing but haven't been to any streams yet...not many by me so it takes some effort.

this time I was just going through my reels and what lines I have and wanted to make sure I had the right set up for Penns. I have been prepping for this trip for a few weeks now.
On my way up north! We made it today

I caught some small mouths on the part of the stream right outside our cabin, but we got skunked on the trout portion of Penns Creek. Not as easy as it looks, but we learned some lessons, that's for sure.

water might be getting a little warm to do much more trout fishing, but I wouldn't mind hitting a more local stream before temps get to high...

otherwise it might be time to bust out my striped bass rig :)

I caught some small mouths on the part of the stream right outside our cabin, but we got skunked on the trout portion of Penns Creek. Not as easy as it looks, but we learned some lessons, that's for sure.

water might be getting a little warm to do much more trout fishing, but I wouldn't mind hitting a more local stream before temps get to high...

otherwise it might be time to bust out my striped bass rig :)

That's so weird. It's still mud here. Runoff just started, really.

That's so weird. It's still mud here. Runoff just started, really.
I think PA has a little longer, but a fly shop I follow in PA was saying when water temps hi 66°, they call it quits on trout fishing

I think PA has a little longer, but a fly shop I follow in PA was saying when water temps hi 66°, they call it quits on trout fishing
Anything above 68 will stress them. Too high can actually be lethal for them. But generally speaking, that is dead of summer stuff. Water temp is generally pretty consistent with nighttime lows. You guys are hot af there right now, so maybe? I imagine June is safe tho.

Anything above 68 will stress them. Too high can actually be lethal for them. But generally speaking, that is dead of summer stuff. Water temp is generally pretty consistent with nighttime lows. You guys are hot af there right now, so maybe? I imagine June is safe tho.
I think there is still time before it gets ridiculous, but a lot of fly fishing is transitioning to bass and other warmer fishing

Damn, that’s a boatload of spottails! What kind of limit do y’all have? We’re 2 fish per man, between 15”- 23” and 6 per boat limit.

Limit!

no way whatever GIF

hahaha

We call them Redfish. Or Red Drum.

302086449f8c8809e2a6c13a3ba82699.jpg

5 per person per day with no more than one over 27 inches. They must be at least 16".

Specks have to be 12" or more with the limit being 25 per person per day.

Last edited:
Limit!

no way whatever GIF

hahaha

5 per person per day with no more than one over 27 inches. They must be at least 16".

Damn, our trout limit is 5 per man over 14”. Not sure if there is a boat limit on them. Y’all have some awesome regs. Ours are strict as fuck compared to y’all’s.

Limit!

no way whatever GIF

hahaha

And what did y’all catch em on? Artificial? Shrimp? Crabs?