I hate 2020 ... Newman QB at UGA opting out

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
I hate this fucking year. Glad we got JT Daniels, too, but I was really looking forward to Newman at QB.

Clearly he was in a bad mental place when he left to go there. Happy to see him wise up and get out of there before it was too late.

Opted out to prep for the NFL draft. Good luck to you.

JT Daniels hasn’t been cleared for contact. Good thing we open with Arkansas

Newman is coming off an injury to his foot as well.. This make UF the new favorite in the East??

Newman is coming off an injury to his foot as well.. This make UF the new favorite in the East??
JT Daniels is still here, and we should have one of the best defenses in the country. Mullen is gonna have to beat Kirby before I can predict it. Same with Kirby is gonna have to beat Saban before I can predict it.

JT Daniels is still here, and we should have one of the best defenses in the country. Mullen is gonna have to beat Kirby before I can predict it. Same with Kirby is gonna have to beat Saban before I can predict it.
I like JT, much better passer than Fromm and Newman were. But the OL is going to have to be really solid around him. Kid gets rattled if he begins to get hit

I like JT, much better passer than Fromm and Newman were. But the OL is going to have to be really solid around him. Kid gets rattled if he begins to get hit
We should still be strong at O-line. Lot of 5 stars and Matt Luke replaces Pittman, which was by far the best case scenario after Pittman left for Arky. Pittman was a better recruiter than coach IMO.

Sounds like someone was about to lose the starting job

Sounds like someone was about to lose the starting job
I think he was a safe bet to start the set at starter, but from what I’ve been hearing he’s been underwhelming in scrimmages, so it’s likely he would have lost the job early in the season

We should still be strong at O-line. Lot of 5 stars and Matt Luke replaces Pittman, which was by far the best case scenario after Pittman left for Arky. Pittman was a better recruiter than coach IMO.
Smart. Recruit 5 stars and you don't have to work as hard.

Opted out to prep for the NFL draft. Good luck to you.

JT Daniels hasn’t been cleared for contact. Good thing we open with Arkansas
I think he was a safe bet to start the set at starter, but from what I’ve been hearing he’s been underwhelming in scrimmages, so it’s likely he would have lost the job early in the season
Didn't know JT was still hurt. Interesting that Newman would opt-out right now, he still needs another year in college to showcase what he can do

Didn't know JT was still hurt. Interesting that Newman would opt-out right now, he still needs another year in college to showcase what he can do
He’s scrimmaging with the team, honestly wouldn’t be shocked if Stetson Bennett started against Arky. He’s a bit reckless and a borderline midget, but he can sling it.

Having scoured the innerwebs all day, including some paid-for UGA forums, we are going to be alright. Consensus is that Newman saw the writing on the wall - we all could see that - and even if he was the starter, he had competent QBs nipping at his heels. Being replaced at any time would be more harmful to his NFL draft status than just using Rona as his excuse. That seems to be the most common explanation.

One thing a lot of people are missing in this thread is Dwayne Mathis. If JTD is not cleared for full contact before Arky - he will be - then Mathis would likely start before Stetson. Mathis is having a great camp, and he's a lot better than people are giving him credit for. He was a tOSU commit ... OC Day liked him a lot. He flipped to UGA when Fields went to tOSU.

Dwayne Mathis

He's 6-6, 215, and can sling it. Also athletic like Newman. He also has a year under his belt in the system, even if he couldn't play.

Having scoured the innerwebs all day, including some paid-for UGA forums, we are going to be alright. Consensus is that Newman saw the writing on the wall - we all could see that - and even if he was the starter, he had competent QBs nipping at his heels. Being replaced at any time would be more harmful to his NFL draft status than just using Rona as his excuse. That seems to be the most common explanation.

One thing a lot of people are missing in this thread is Dwayne Mathis. If JTD is not cleared for full contact before Arky - he will be - then Mathis would likely start before Stetson. Mathis is having a great camp, and he's a lot better than people are giving him credit for. He was a tOSU commit ... OC Day liked him a lot. He flipped to UGA when Fields went to tOSU.

Dwayne Mathis

He's 6-6, 215, and can sling it. Also athletic like Newman. He also has a year under his belt in the system, even if he couldn't play.
kool aid 90s GIF

Gotta love the reports from Dawgnation boards...

I thought Georgia hired a new OC which Newman's skills match better. Maybe I missed sumpin.

kool aid 90s GIF

Gotta love the reports from Dawgnation boards...
If you are inferring that I am simply reading the Dawgnation board and regurgitating that here, you would be incorrect, and a poor reader. I listen to their podcast most every day, but I am not a member of their board. I am no insider, so all my info comes from being a 247 VIP, and also on Rivals UGASports.com. I pay a good bit for those, so I will never bring over wholesale info, but it obviously influences my outlook on everything Dawgs. Being a 247 VIP gives me access to all the 247 sites, for all teams, even though it's read only except the Dawg site.

I wasn't in any way trying to indicate that I had inside info ... you must have missed me clearly stating that had scoured the Internet, including paysites, and stated this was a consensus of what I had read. If you would prefer I not state my opinion based on those sites, I'll be glad to spend my time elsewhere.

Where exactly do you get all your information that you bring to this board? Are you personally wired into all the sports programs you talk about?

If you are inferring that I am simply reading the Dawgnation board and regurgitating that here, you would be incorrect, and a poor reader. I listen to their podcast most every day, but I am not a member of their board. I am no insider, so all my info comes from being a 247 VIP, and also on Rivals UGASports.com. I pay a good bit for those, so I will never bring over wholesale info, but it obviously influences my outlook on everything Dawgs. Being a 247 VIP gives me access to all the 247 sites, for all teams, even though it's read only except the Dawg site.

I wasn't in any way trying to indicate that I had inside info ... you must have missed me clearly stating that had scoured the Internet, including paysites, and stated this was a consensus of what I had read. If you would prefer I not state my opinion based on those sites, I'll be glad to spend my time elsewhere.

Where exactly do you get all your information that you bring to this board? Are you personally wired into all the sports programs you talk about?
lol.. my gif was the standard Kool Aide spin that a possible 3rd string QB is really good and should do just as well based on sources that $9.95ers put out..

I get all the VIP/$9.95er info too.. Texas has like 4 paysites, but the board I frequent spoils them in the threads. So I don't pay for any of the content. I'm mostly on that board due to recruiting since they get very detailed with evaluations and such. Mostly concentrate in the state of Texas which is why I get along well with @Romeo212000 when we discuss prospects.

Again I wasn't attacking you, just that it's the same kool aide spin paysites put out.. where the backups will surprise..