I miss the Busch Clash in its original format

At least they're calling it the Clash rather than the Shootout.

You think the crap going on in the Coliseum right now is any good?!
Better than Daytona. Should have been at Bowman Gray though since you know, it’s already a quarter mile race track that has a football field on the infield that NASCAR has a lot of history at, and the regional NASCAR series still race there

Since the Bears are leaving Soldier Field, NASCAR should make that a permanent stadium race. They raced at Soldier Field in the 50’s. What’s kinda funny is NASCAR was more National in the 50’s and 60’s than it is now racing in Maine, Long Island, Soldier Field, California, etc. it wasn’t until the Winston sponsorship that it became largely regional

Hell, second ever champion, Bill Rexford was from New York(Lee Petty got screwed that year, but still)

Last edited:
That’s what this race needed. The chick from No Doubt talking about driving her personal car

Show so bad I've turned it. The days of Ken Squier, David Hobbs, & Ned Jarrett.......we had no idea how good we had it.

Well that was a shit show, congrats to MTJ, hopefully this will be a good season for him.

That was boring shit. Put all the drivers on lawnmowers and you have a hit. In full size cars? Boring,

Better than Daytona. Should have been at Bowman Gray though since you know, it’s already a quarter mile race track that has a football field on the infield that NASCAR has a lot of history at, and the regional NASCAR series still race there

They make way more money in LA than at Bowman Gray. Racing is shit either way because .25 tracks are straight up garbage so you might as well grab the most cash

They make way more money in LA than at Bowman Gray. Racing is shit either way because .25 tracks are straight up garbage so you might as well grab the most cash
Quarter mile tracks are awesome, just not for stock cars, especially not 27 of em. The heats were actually pretty good. Too many cars in the main is the problem.

I tried so hard to enjoy last night's Clash. I tried.

But it sucked so bad I couldn't make any excuses for it. STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE LA COLLISEUM WORK, NASCAR. It sucks. It sucked last year, and it'll suck again if they try it next year. The track and car combination do not create anything that I would call "racing". It was miserable.

But it sucked so bad I couldn't make any excuses for it. STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE LA COLLISEUM WORK, NASCAR. It sucks. It sucked last year, and it'll suck again if they try it next year. The track and car combination do not create anything that I would call "racing". It was miserable.
Meh. I liked it. I did bet on Truex though, which greatly influenced my enjoyment. But there needs to be a Max of 15 cars on that track at a time, preferably 10. Have more heats and whittle the main field down much more. 27 stock cars on a flat quarter mile track isn’t gonna work, but a smaller field might. I thought most of the heat races were pretty decent

But Cypress Hill!!

4 heats with 5 advancing, two last chance races with 3 advancing plus one provisional making the field is too many. Have the 4 heats with the top two advancing, the winner of each last chance race being the only one to advance and maybe have either a provisional for the highest in last season’s points to not advance to make the field and a fan vote. A 12 car main could work there. I’ve been a lot of good races at quarter mile tracks. Don’t shit on the track length, shit on the format