I thought we were done with the Harrison's at OSU.......

This year we decided to just let you Nickle and dime us methodically down the field killing tons of clock to end the game instead.
I really wish we had done something more creative on that last 3rd down at the end. Could have killed the entire full 8 minutes of clock and won the game there, which would have been slightly more epic. About the only coaching decision I didn't agree with; running blake up the middle on 3rd and 4/5 when a 1st down wins the game right then and there.

Yea that same could be said for OSU during the Cooper years
Oh Cooper never really figured that out. He needed deepthroat with some signals to help.

This year we decided to just let you Nickle and dime us methodically down the field killing tons of clock to end the game instead.

That stupid pass across his body McCarthy made literally went right past Steele Chambers. I have no idea how he didn't react to it. JJ threw the ball and it looked like it was going right to Chambers. Should have been a pick six

That stupid pass across his body McCarthy made literally went right past Steele Chambers. I have no idea how he didn't react to it. JJ threw the ball and it looked like it was going right to Chambers. Should have been a pick six
That wasn't near as bad as the JJ TD pass. That was a horrible throw that was gift-wrapped for Hartford to pick off if he hadn't turned around a quarter second too soon. Game of inches man.

That wasn't near as bad as the JJ TD pass. That was a horrible throw that was gift-wrapped for Hartford to pick off if he hadn't turned around a quarter second too soon. Game of inches man.

The attack just wasnt there for the defense. I think they were playing way too safe because they were afraid of getting burnt like last year. Playing timid like that lets those awful throws become successful plays.

1000005343.png

Look where #44 JT is as McCarthy is throwing that ball. He is right in front of Cornelius Johnson but just keeps running right past the play :gaah:

That play and freaking Donovan Jackson getting absolutely steam rolled on the interception to clinch it which didn't allow Mccord to step in to his throw freaking kill me.

View attachment 112182

Look where #44 JT is as McCarthy is throwing that ball. He is right in front of Cornelius Johnson but just keeps running right past the play :gaah:

That play and freaking Donovan Jackson getting absolutely steam rolled on the interception to clinch it which didn't allow Mccord to step in to his throw freaking kill me.

I'm glad Tommy and Steele are both gone after this year. They were pretty decent last year but IMO took a step back to mediocre this year

I'm glad Tommy and Steele are both gone after this year. They were pretty decent last year but IMO took a step back to mediocre this year

Eichenberg had a solid year still but a game below his standards against Michigan (think he was playing through injury) Chambers just was never that good. not bad but not good.

I did screw up though originally and put Chambers when it was JTT

Eichenberg had a solid year still but a game below his standards against Michigan (think he was playing through injury) Chambers just was never that good. not bad but not good.

I did screw up though originally and put Chambers when it was JTT

There's still big glitches in the defensive coaching. LBers and especially Safeties still take the absolute worst angles trying to make tackles way too much.

There's still big glitches in the defensive coaching. LBers and especially Safeties still take the absolute worst angles trying to make tackles way too much.

I'm hoping they let Laurinaitis be the actual LB coach and let Knowles just focus on defense as a whole for next season.

The safety and lb play was not elite but it was light-years better than last season. Hopefully they continue to show that improvement for next as well bc there is young talent in both positions

I'm hoping they let Laurinaitis be the actual LB coach and let Knowles just focus on defense as a whole for next season.

The safety and lb play was not elite but it was light-years better than last season. Hopefully they continue to show that improvement for next as well bc there is young talent in both positions

Larry Johnson Sr needs to go too, guy used to be a great DL coach but he's gone completely stale, the complete lack of DL development lately is undeniable.

Larry Johnson Sr needs to go too, guy used to be a great DL coach but he's gone completely stale, the complete lack of DL development lately is undeniable.

Yeah it has definitely been lacking. I'm hoping he retires as he still has some recruits coming. Retiring and bringing in a young up and comer would lessen any recruiting sting.

Justin Frye too, while the offensive line did show improvement over the season it never should have been as bad as it was to begin with. Rumor is Indiana is looking at him. If he goes I would really love to see us throw a bank at Lecharles Bentley

Yeah it has definitely been lacking. I'm hoping he retires as he still has some recruits coming. Retiring and bringing in a young up and comer would lessen any recruiting sting.

Justin Frye too, while the offensive line did show improvement over the season it never should have been as bad as it was to begin with. Rumor is Indiana is looking at him. If he goes I would really love to see us throw a bank at Lecharles Bentley

We need a OL coach who can recruit better. I know OL is the hardest position to project from HS to college, but our OL recruiting has been extremely lacking. Development only goes so far when you are ending up with a lot of guys who aren't close to elite caliber athletic wise.

For sure. Turns out they just needed to fire Cooper lol
Yup. Dude could recruit but never got it across the goal line. I would say his signature win was vs. AZ St in that bowl game

Yup. Dude could recruit but never got it across the goal line. I would say his signature win was vs. AZ St in that bowl game

Day is not Cooper, i'll ive him that at least. Cooper had some 3-4 loss seasons with some pretty talented teams. Guy was a completely awful coach on gamedays.

As we saw with mi having those signals equates to about 20 pts or so. I could have.
How many points does not having a head coach equate to?

We TRIED to make it fair this year. No HC, no LB coach, no signals. Last year, we did it without All-American Blake Corum and without DL of the year Mike Morris.

Next year, to make it fair, we will use 16-17 new starters.