I'm still Grilling Regardless of this Shit!

I figured. Was just busting your balls.

Probably lost in translation.

They call those steaks "tenderloins" up there?

This is a tenderloin in America, and they typically weigh 4-6 lbs:

35802_srf_gold_tenderloin_pdp.jpg
Buy the whole loin, cut into steaks and save a pile. I do the same thing with rib roasts. 5.99/pound for a roast, or 10.99 for steaks....

I figured. Was just busting your balls.

Probably lost in translation.

They call those steaks "tenderloins" up there?

This is a tenderloin in America, and they typically weigh 4-6 lbs:

35802_srf_gold_tenderloin_pdp.jpg
They called either tenderloin steaks or filet mignon up here. Usually on the package, they say filet mignon. I was lazy and didn't want to type two words I guess. :beer2:

Planning on grilling tenderloins tonight. I will NOT be deterred by what greets me this morning.

View attachment 118200
That's what it looks like here, too. It hit Tuesday.

My flight home from Boise got canceled while I was over the Rockies and all other flights into WI were either canceled or booked full by the time I had a chance to re-book when my layover in Denver landed. I ended up finding a late flight into O'Hare, staying overnight at the Airport Hilton, renting a car & driving from ORD to ATW to pick up my vehicle, driving home, taking a quick shower then getting my ass into work by noon yesterday. Fun times.

That's what it looks like here, too. It hit Tuesday.

My flight home from Boise got canceled while I was over the Rockies and all other flights into WI were either canceled or booked full by the time I had a chance to re-book when my layover in Denver landed. I ended up finding a late flight into O'Hare, staying overnight at the Airport Hilton, renting a car & driving from ORD to ATW to pick up my vehicle, driving home, taking a quick shower then getting my ass into work by noon yesterday. Fun times.
Do you sell shower curtain rings?

Planning on grilling tenderloins tonight. I will NOT be deterred by what greets me this morning.

View attachment 118200

After fall, I shift to my little $99 Wal-Mart meat burner and use it on the patio underneath my deck, which avoids rain/snow and such.

Big bastards waste too much propane in the cold warming up. With the little one I don't even use a 20 lb tank all winter.

After fall, I shift to my little $99 Wal-Mart meat burner and use it on the patio underneath my deck, which avoids rain/snow and such.

Big bastards waste too much propane in the cold warming up. With the little one I don't even use a 20 lb tank all winter.
I keep my grill really close to my patio door in the winter. I just lean out and throw on the steaks. Today I had to clean off a foot of snow first, but warm up and grilling is really fast and I don't have to put a foot outdoors. Gas consumption is not a factor.

As for tonight, the steaks were a PERFECT mid-rare and I'm still sucking back a glass of vino as I type this. God Bless Grillin"

I keep my grill really close to my patio door in the winter. I just lean out and throw on the steaks. Today I had to clean off a foot of snow first, but warm up and grilling is really fast and I don't have to put a foot outdoors. Gas consumption is not a factor.

As for tonight, the steaks were a PERFECT mid-rare and I'm still sucking back a glass of vino as I type this. God Bless Grillin"

When I use my big grill in the winter I'm lucky to get 10 "Q's" out of a tank. Definitely a factor. Heavy grills don't heat up as quickly.

And you open the deck door, you heat the street and let the smoke in. Both of which makes the ball and chain irate.

You want to stand in the elements, fill your booties. That bonehead in the picture somebody posted standing out there with an umbrella is simply a bonehead.

I prefer high and dry, if not warm.

And my burned meat is always perfect.

When I use my big grill in the winter I'm lucky to get 10 "Q's" out of a tank. Definitely a factor. Heavy grills don't heat up as quickly.

And you open the deck door, you heat the street and let the smoke in. Both of which makes the ball and chain irate.

You want to stand in the elements, fill your booties. That bonehead in the picture somebody posted standing out there with an umbrella is simply a bonehead.

I prefer high and dry, if not warm.

And my burned meat is always perfect.
I live in snow territory, but can't do without the grill. With the grill up to the patio doors, you don't let the smoke in, if you pay attention. I've never witnessed that in years of winter grilling. I start the grill with three burners burning until it heats, then shut off the third burner and throw the meat on. The meat is par grilled then moved to the, the "off" burner side for completion. Once the internal temp is good, pull off and sit. Mid-rare is the best of the best.

I won't criticize anybody else's techniques.

Dude you have to learn how to cook steaks in a cast iron skillet. Thats the only way to do a filet.

I'll come over and show you how to do it.

Life is grilling, grilling is life!!
Once I bought a smoker I rarely use the gril at all.

I even smoke my ribeyes instead of grilling them because the smoke enhances the meat flavor.

Unless we are taking hotdogs and hamburgers I’m pretty much smoking.

Once I bought a smoker I rarely use the gril at all.

I even smoke my ribeyes instead of grilling them because the smoke enhances the meat flavor.

Unless we are taking hotdogs and hamburgers I’m pretty much smoking.
Would love to have a smoker, but not very practical in the extreme cold. My brother lives in FL ad swears by it.

I live in snow territory, but can't do without the grill. With the grill up to the patio doors, you don't let the smoke in, if you pay attention. I've never witnessed that in years of winter grilling. I start the grill with three burners burning until it heats, then shut off the third burner and throw the meat on. The meat is par grilled then moved to the, the "off" burner side for completion. Once the internal temp is good, pull off and sit. Mid-rare is the best of the best.

I won't criticize anybody else's techniques.

I’m not criticizing yours either. But I do know I wouldn’t go stand in the snow or even allow my barbeque to sit in the snow. But that’s your prerogative.

Would love to have a smoker, but not very practical in the extreme cold. My brother lives in FL ad swears by it.

I have a Bradley smoker that looks like a little mini fridge. But I only use it for smoking fish or cheese. I’m not a fan of smoked meats. I’ll tolerate a brisket that’s about it.

I've smoked pork shoulders, whole tenderloins, or fatties, in sub 30° temperatures numerous times.

The key here is using the digital temperature probe that comes with an electric or using a wireless digital thermometer.
i.e. You don't have to open the door to get the internal temperature of the meat. Opening the door lets the heat out and it can take 1/2 hour or better to get the smoker back to proper smoking temperature.

1712329679113.png