Movie Indiana Jones 5: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 58,573.00
As part of Disney's massive entertainment conference today, they released details about a new Indy movie.

Indiana Jones 5 will be the last of the Indy films. Harrison Ford is back to star as Indy. James Mangold (Logan, Ford vs Ferrari) will direct. Steven Spielberg moves from director to executive producer. Filming begins this Spring

Target release date is July 2022

As part of Disney's massive entertainment conference today, they released details about a new Indy movie.

Indiana Jones 5 will be the last of the Indy films. Harrison Ford is back to star as Indy. James Mangold (Logan, Ford vs Ferrari) will direct. Steven Spielberg moves from director to executive producer. Filming begins this Spring

Target release date is July 2022
What really matters is who is going to write it? George Lucas jumped the shark in KOTCS and the ones around him tried to pull him back. In fact the last one took too long because of story writing issues.

To me who writes the story is the most important piece of this puzzle.

What really matters is who is going to write it? George Lucas jumped the shark in KOTCS and the ones around him tried to pull him back. In fact the last one took too long because of story writing issues.

To me who writes the story is the most important piece of this puzzle.

I think its still Johnathan Kasdan (son of the Lawrence Kasdan, the guy that did Raiders). They let go of the first writer because Spielberg didn't like it.

I think its still Johnathan Kasdan (son of the Lawrence Kasdan, the guy that did Raiders). They let go of the first writer because Spielberg didn't like it.
You know people would stroke but I’d almost rather see a reboot and see a younger actor take the role. Ford is pretty much 80 at this point.

You know people would stroke but I’d almost rather see a reboot and see a younger actor take the role. Ford is pretty much 80 at this point.
What, you don't want to see him plodding around the retirement community, battling Nazis with his walker and whip made out of licorice?

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Depends.
denzel washington lol GIF by Roman J. Israel, Esq.

Oh, for fuck sakes.
I will not be watching this. They fooled me once with Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls. It’s not happening again.

to me Dr Henry jones and Junior rode off into the sunset and that's how it ended
If they want to do another one, then the movie should ignore KOTCS entirely, or else explain it away by saying Indy ate some tainted curry and it was a fever dream. Food poisoning is just about the only way anyone could justify having Shia LeBeouf be your son.

Indy4 was so good I can’t imagine the pressure the crew is feeling for this 5th installment.