iOS16

I'm avoiding it because I don't care about the lock screen or focus features.

I updated to iOS 15.7 because they'll continue to support it with security updates. Unless a critical security updated is rolled out to only iOS 16, I'm not upgrading.

I'm avoiding it because I don't care about the lock screen or focus features.

I updated to iOS 15.7 because they'll continue to support it with security updates. Unless a critical security updated is rolled out to only iOS 16, I'm not upgrading.
But why shouldn't I have updated?!?!?

The new default lock screen font is cute.

No reason not to update, just like if I don't want/need the new features, there's no reason to update.
I don't know enough about Apple shit to even know what changed with 16.

Don't use "focus" and don't care enough about what to do with the lock screen.

I've got Widgets now and that's all I need.

But why shouldn't I have updated?!?!?

The new default lock screen font is cute.
Did mine update automatically if I was plugged in overnight?

And it better not be comic sans!! :mad2:

Looks like I'm still on 15.6.1

But I think I'm going to go get a 13 before they discontinue them. While I don't hate the number 14, I have an affinity for 13 so hopefully that one lasts me until 17 or 26. 23 would be acceptable as well.

Did mine update automatically if I was plugged in overnight?

And it better not be comic sans!! :mad2:
Nope, I had to select what update I wanted even.

They tried to tell me that 15.something was available.

Then at the bottom it was like HEY ITS 16.0 U WANT DIS INSTEAD?

Nope, I had to select what update I wanted even.

They tried to tell me that 15.something was available.

Then at the bottom it was like HEY ITS 16.0 U WANT DIS INSTEAD?
I think I got something in my work email the other day, telling me I needed to update.

But that could have also been from last month. I have no concept of time.

I think I got something in my work email the other day, telling me I needed to update.

But that could have also been from last month. I have no concept of time.
Last month there was a big security update that was everywhere.

If you don't care about the lock screen or focus features, choose 15.7 and disabled auto-updates. You'll still get security updates but not the new iOS 16 features.
I just found out that you can make the apple on the back do stuff, so yeah, probably don't really care much about "features", but disabling something... that would mean i'd have to do updates...on...my...OWN? eesh.

I just found out that you can make the apple on the back do stuff,
Lebron James What GIF by SB Nation

I just found out that you can make the apple on the back do stuff, so yeah, probably don't really care much about "features", but disabling something... that would mean i'd have to do updates...on...my...OWN? eesh.
Settings > Software Update > Automatic Updates

Takes 30 seconds.

lol! because i'm just finding this out or because you're just finding this out?
Like the apple on the back apple on the back?

I think my SE is probably too poverty to even get involved with any of this trick shit.

Like the apple on the back apple on the back?

I think my SE is probably too poverty to even get involved with any of this trick shit.
yeah - the icon on the back. you can tap it and it makes the flashlight and/or camera go on. Of course, it only does it when it feels like it and forget trying to turn it off when you want it to. But it's a fun little novelty feature.