Iowa and Iowa State gambling scandal. ISU #1 QB is probably finshed.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 447.00
This could get be bad for both schools and it involves multiple sports. Iowa lost top fielder and batter on the baseball team due to this. Crazy how both Iowa and Iowa State are connected to this.

I wonder if there has ever been a scandal involving athletes of multiple schools in multiple sports with NCAA.

Iowa legalizes sports gambling in 2019.
NCAA investigation in a sports betting scandal at Iowa and Iowa State in 2023.

That didn't take long.

Morons. I was the go between for 3 years in college between the football players and the bookie in Oklahoma City. Bets, parlay tickets, you name it......I placed the wagers, collected money and paid off bets. Nobody but me ever talked to the bookie. I never saw a player bet against their own team. Ever. The bets were probably 95% on other teams. Only a few bets were on us to beat a point spread and that was very rare because everyone thought it was janky to bet on ourselves. I only had one guy try to welch on a bet and the players convinced him very quickly he needed to pay up. Who got hurt? Nobody. Cheesy? Maybe a little bit. Stupid like these guys? Nope.

Florida had 2 qbs get suspended for fantasy football in 1989.....we've come a long way baby :thumb:

Scared Uh Oh GIF by Boomerang Official

Morons. I was the go between for 3 years in college between the football players and the bookie in Oklahoma City. Bets, parlay tickets, you name it......I placed the wagers, collected money and paid off bets. Nobody but me ever talked to the bookie. I never saw a player bet against their own team. Ever. The bets were probably 95% on other teams. Only a few bets were on us to beat a point spread and that was very rare because everyone thought it was janky to bet on ourselves. I only had one guy try to welch on a bet and the players convinced him very quickly he needed to pay up. Who got hurt? Nobody. Cheesy? Maybe a little bit. Stupid like these guys? Nope.
Uncle Sam didn't get his cut, that's the only issue.

366 bets worth $2,799. That's averaging $7.65 a bet. We don't unit shame around here, but that's some pussy shit.
Maybe he bet $1 a day and then on the last day he bet $2434 on a single game. Shows both true dedication to the art of gambling and the stick-to-it attitude you want in a QB1!

366 bets worth $2,799. That's averaging $7.65 a bet. We don't unit shame around here, but that's some pussy shit.
My buddies kid plays D1 baseball -- his entire team bets on sports and they almost all do the live in game shit. Betting 5-$10 at most. They aren't betting on their own games, but they bet on everything else.

If they did a sweep across all universities, i'm guessing theyd have 1,000's of kids sports betting.