Poll Is Football in Trouble?

Is the Future of Football is Doubt?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 2,553.00
So many concussions, and they appear to be getting worse and worse.

Even now, Hines on the Colts was hit, and then stumbled a few times as he tried to get up.

I'm not sure I could ever allow my kid to play football, and I've heard a few NFL's players say that they won't let their kids play football because of head trauma.

So, is the future of football in doubt?

No, how many players can get jobs that pay the same as they make in the NFL. These young kids only care about the money at this point in their life.

Even now, Hines on the Colts was hit, and then stumbled a few times as he tried to get up.

I'm not sure I could ever allow my kid to play football, and I've heard a few NFL's players say that they won't let their kids play football because of head trauma.

No. End thread.

Youth Football might be in doubt....

Obviously, once a kid turns 18, they can make their own choices outside of their parents and this will keep football alive.

Long Live Football on this short-lived thread.

I'm just thinking if youth football starts to decline, and the game will really be in trouble.

No, how many players can get jobs that pay the same as they make in the NFL. These young kids only care about the money at this point in their life.
NBA, Soccer, and MLB for sure.

I'm just thinking if youth football starts to decline, and the game will really be in trouble.
Plenty of third world meat to exploit, when necessary.

No. They aren’t in trouble.

I just watched the Hines play and it’s never a pretty thing to see. But, what’s important is that they show they can handle things better on this one. Hines’ brain is going to need a break.

“In trouble” is a subjective term. In trouble of going out of business? No. In trouble of declining ratings? I’d say yes.

My good friend here in Vegas was heavy into youth football. Coached his son all the way to HS. He’s coached a few kids who are legit D1 starters. Even he is seeing a decline in participation because of the head injury stuff. There will always be a pipeline because for a lot of kids it’s their only/best shot at a college education so for some the risk is worth it.

I think the peak of ratings is at or near the top. The NFL still owns a day of the week. Gambling and fantasy sports will keep that alive if nothing else will but I can see other sports eating away at the youth level

“In trouble” is a subjective term. In trouble of going out of business? No. In trouble of declining ratings? I’d say yes.

My good friend here in Vegas was heavy into youth football. Coached his son all the way to HS. He’s coached a few kids who are legit D1 starters. Even he is seeing a decline in participation because of the head injury stuff. There will always be a pipeline because for a lot of kids it’s their only/best shot at a college education so for some the risk is worth it.

I think the peak of ratings is at or near the top. The NFL still owns a day of the week. Gambling and fantasy sports will keep that alive if nothing else will but I can see other sports eating away at the youth level
If soccer could get some of these athletes, they’d still make millions and the USMNT would win the World Cup every four years.

If soccer could get some of these athletes, they’d still make millions and the USMNT would win the World Cup every four years.

I can see soccer making a dent in youth sports. It’s already starting to happen.

I’ll tell you a sport that is growing rapidly is flag football. That same buddy I mentioned has a daughter who plays. She got a 4 year scholarship to play flag football in college! Right now it’s big in FL and Kansas (at the collegiate level) but it’s growing. She’s in her second year and the college she goes to just got a new head coach. She’s a woman who coached the national team! She was a former player herself and was a real score for the university to get! This sport will continue to grow in the years to come.

I can see soccer making a dent in youth sports. It’s already starting to happen.

I’ll tell you a sport that is growing rapidly is flag football. That same buddy I mentioned has a daughter who plays. She got a 4 year scholarship to play flag football in college! Right now it’s big in FL and Kansas (at the collegiate level) but it’s growing. She’s in her second year and the college she goes to just got a new head coach. She’s a woman who coached the national team! She was a former player herself and was a real score for the university to get! This sport will continue to grow in the years to come.
Flag football is open to all 22 genders, I believe.

In the places where all the talent comes from anyways(Florida, Georgia, Texas, the Gulf coast), there’s no chance of youth or HS football drying up anytime soon

Lol

No.

No, too much money involved and if some idiot wants to make scrammbled eggs out of his brain for my enjoyment, I'm all in

Yeah, if I had to do over again I probably wouldn’t let my kids play tackle football until they were entering high school. Flag football would be my choice from first grade to eight grade. No sense in a young guy taking a lot of head contact a young age.

My youngest son I did buy a good bit of flag football that we found out pretty quick did you still need to wear a mouthpiece and a lightweight hockey style helmet isn’t a bad idea as kids seem to have collisions trying to catch a football or that spin move that just doesn’t seem to work out quite right.

Long live football

Flag football is open to all 22 genders, I believe.

This is true. There is a local team of all girls in the 4/5 division who won a title last year using a short passing game.

I can see arguments for both sides. My kid plays tackle, but he’s a WR. Doesn’t take shots to the head. Most he’s had was lower back pain from landing until I got him the proper girdle and back plate. He’s cool now.

RB, O linemen , d linemen and some of the D who are always crashing into each other, I can understand. With that said, they’re constantly trying to improve the safety of the game. You see those crowns on kids all the time now.