Is This A Regional Thing?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 27,247.00
All my life it's been the norm to order a hot dog "All The Way", which means it comes with mustard, slaw, chili, and onions. The question is whether it's just a regional term or pretty much nation wide. What say you?

All my life it's been the norm to order a hot dog "All The Way", which means it comes with mustard, slaw, chili, and onions. The question is whether it's just a regional term or pretty much nation wide. What say you?

michaela coel netflix GIF by Chewing Gum Gifs

Slaw + Chili on a hot dog?

I didn't say I liked a hot dog all the way. I usually don't get chili or onions. But I do like slaw. Cole slaw or BBQ slaw. Doesn't matter. But yellow mustard always. And some hot sauce like Texas Pete or Frank's Red Hot.

I didn't say I liked a hot dog all the way. I usually don't get chili or onions.
So just mustard and slaw? Or just the dog with slaw?

The phrase "all the way" is national, but what it means is regional. I can tell by your post that you live in NC or right across the border in a neighboring state. Completely different if you lived in Chicago.

Much like saying that you're eating BBQ. You'd likely be talking about pulled pork and depending upon which part of the state of NC you live, it'll be vinegar, mustard, or ketchup based. Memphis, Texas, Kansas City, etc would all have different meat/sauce.

Then there are the psychopaths that think that BBQ is grilling hotdogs or burgers. Those people just need to jump off a cliff.

My personal favorite hotdog is Jesse James with mustard, chilli, and onions. However, I'll eat most any style instead of Chicago, because that's a salad, not a hotdog.

The phrase "all the way" is national, but what it means is regional. I can tell by your post that you live in NC or right across the border in a neighboring state. Completely different if you lived in Chicago.

Much like saying that you're eating BBQ. You'd likely be talking about pulled pork and depending upon which part of the state of NC you live, it'll be vinegar, mustard, or ketchup based. Memphis, Texas, Kansas City, etc would all have different meat/sauce.

Then there are the psychopaths that think that BBQ is grilling hotdogs or burgers. Those people just need to jump off a cliff.
tenor.gif

Never heard of it and I have lived in the South and on the east coast.

never heard the term "all the way" when ordering a hot dog.