Is This A Regional Thing?

People that eat hot dogs don’t love their own body. Veganism Will add years to your life.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around people mixing chili and coleslaw.

The thought of it turns my stomach.
I don't think it'd be that bad but certainly nothing I've ever thought of doing.

Everything you just said leads to additional questions. I appreciate you said you like NC BBQ, but I have doubts if you've actually had the real experience.

First, you say you like NC BBQ, but then say "In California we don't eat the barbecue" with an exclamation point. WTH does that mean? The "best" way I could take that is that you like NC BBQ, but no one else in CA likes any type of BBQ. I'm HOPING that you meant "they" and not "we". The reason I need to make a distinction is because you're claiming "we" don't eat BBQ when you should have said "they".

Then there is the last sentence where you think a grill is a flat piece of steel they use in a restaurant. I'll let a little slide, because some consider what you're inferring as a flat top grill, but most consider a grill being individual slats of metal spaced about an inch between, sitting above charcoal or a propane gas manifold.

BBQ is not a California concept......and that's okay. But whatever is tasted in CA, is not authentic BBQ.

Ok, I'll explain it to you.

NC Barbecue is food you eat.
In California you cook on the barbecue.
You dob't cook a grilled cheese sandwich on a " individual slats of metal spaced about an inch between, sitting above charcoal or a propane gas manifold."

The whole point of thois whole thread is that we call shit different things in different places.
I have cooked and eaten barbecue for all over the world - including NC.
I have never eaten a barbecue or a propane grill.
Now would you like that "all the way" up your hillbilly ass?

Never heard the term before. But it sounds disgusting.

Ok, I'll explain it to you.

NC Barbecue is food you eat.
In California you cook on the barbecue.
You dob't cook a grilled cheese sandwich on a " individual slats of metal spaced about an inch between, sitting above charcoal or a propane gas manifold."

The whole point of thois whole thread is that we call shit different things in different places.
I have cooked and eaten barbecue for all over the world - including NC.
I have never eaten a barbecue or a propane grill.
Now would you like that "all the way" up your hillbilly ass?
My "hillbilly ass" is funny and I'll leave that there.

I will concede that we have been discussing regional dialect, and differences in what things may be called with hot dogs. However, I will stand on this mountain top and state a barbeque is not a grill, period. Barbeque is a southern process of cooking undesirable cuts of meat low and slow and not a particular cooking instrument. You can use a smoker, or an indirect heat source with a grill to produce BBQ. However, a flatop, or the "California barbecue" as you mentioned does not produce barbeque. Those cooking instruments are hot and fast cooking instruments that are great for steaks, etc, but cannot be used for barbeque. You are referring to grilling or a cookout, not barbeque.

Yes, you may call it barbeque, and that's what you've always known, but you're wrong.

My "hillbilly ass" is funny and I'll leave that there.

I will concede that we have been discussing regional dialect, and differences in what things may be called with hot dogs. However, I will stand on this mountain top and state a barbeque is not a grill, period. Barbeque is a southern process of cooking undesirable cuts of meat low and slow and not a particular cooking instrument. You can use a smoker, or an indirect heat source with a grill to produce BBQ. However, a flatop, or the "California barbecue" as you mentioned does not produce barbeque. Those cooking instruments are hot and fast cooking instruments that are great for steaks, etc, but cannot be used for barbeque. You are referring to grilling or a cookout, not barbeque.

Yes, you may call it barbeque, and that's what you've always known, but you're wrong.
Don't blame the flattop on California.
The low and slw is a wonderful way to cook Carolina Barbecue but,
It is not the only way to cook "barbecue"
In California we have "Santa Maria Style Barbecue" and it is equally famous.
There are Memphis Style and Texas Style and many more.....
Neither Santa Maria Syle nor Carolina Style is cooked on a " GRILL"
Note: you might try Sizzler if you want your steak cooked on a grill!

All my life it's been the norm to order a hot dog "All The Way", which means it comes with mustard, slaw, chili, and onions. The question is whether it's just a regional term or pretty much nation wide. What say you?
Dont care for any slaw dogs personally, but they exist. Here is the best place for dogs back in Georgia. All the way didnt include slaw, that was a Slaw Dog.

logo-retina.png
menu1.jpg

"Santa Maria Style Barbecue" and it is equally famous.
Loop Trump GIF

Don't blame the flattop on California.
The low and slw is a wonderful way to cook Carolina Barbecue but,
It is not the only way to cook "barbecue"
In California we have "Santa Maria Style Barbecue" and it is equally famous.
There are Memphis Style and Texas Style and many more.....
Neither Santa Maria Syle nor Carolina Style is cooked on a " GRILL"
Note: you might try Sizzler if you want your steak cooked on a grill!
Weird that it is equally famous and its the only style I haven't heard of. I've seen a lot of Kansas City vs Texas vs Memphis vs Carolina styles.

this is THE hot dog spot. my home town. people come from out of state to get hot dogs here.

this or coney island in worcester

Hot Dog Annie?!? I think I saw her show in Tijuana.