Is this the most uninteresting NBA season in recent years?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
I am having an extremely difficult time having any sort of interest in the NBA right now. I haven't really watched it much the last few years anyways, but last year at least I had some interest, even if it was in the form of gambling. But this year, wow, I can't watch it. The product is terrible, I am sick of stars sitting out every other game (even though I thought they were supposed to fix that?) but it's just overall bad basketball and this in-season tournament may be the worst idea the NBA has come up with. Not only is the product bad, but you add in those courts and some of the games are literally unwatchable.

Curious if the ratings have improved with this in-season tournament, imo, I doubt it has. I know the NBA ratings are usually low until Christmas, but I just don't see myself getting interested at all this year with the product. Seems like it's the worst it has been in 20 years.

200.gif

All the skill in the world and no coaching, no identity, no teamwork, no character and endless distractions.

Watch NBA Hardwood Classics to see the glory days of basketball.

I would say I enjoy watching the finals. The ball movement is usually pretty good. I would call those Warriors teams pretty unselfish

I don't give the slightest crap about the NBA these days, but back in the 80's & 90's it was my favorite sports league. I probably will never have any interest in the league ever again because it's too pussified, lazy and selfish.

November 3rd, I joined a large group of family to attend the Bucks game against the Knicks. My elderly grandfather is a Bucks fan and the family has assembled a trip to a game every year since my grandmother passed as a way to appreciate and support my grandfather's continued existence on this rock. The Fiserv Forum is a great venue for a game, but the product on the court is atrocious. Spending $100 and an evening to see a game is still worth my time, though, because it's time spent with family and it's still good entertainment to troll the "show". I got some pretty fucking nasty looks from some people around me, though, when I verbally truth-bombed "there's nine black guys on the court and one white guy and the white guy is the only one crashing for offensive rebounds".

I like the playoffs but the regular season is basically the preseason

I don't know but I did just see a score.

Get in here @Handicappers

Did I read that correctly?

Dallas beat Utah by 50? FIFTY?

God....DAMN!

this in season tournament is stupid.
Not going to miss a lot of those courts.

Some of the games in the tourney have felt like they got better effort than a typical early season game.

Last nights Pheonix and Lakers game being one of em. Hard fought game, for this part of the season.

This is the first year in 6 or 7 I have paid any attention at all. My brother was a big Wolves fan for some reason, telling me all summer how they were gonna be pretty good this year, my usual response was, you know I don't care. He died in October and the Wolves have the best record in the league after 20 games. I don't believe they have ever come close to doing that, Anthony Edwards is a pretty good player and I like Naz Reid. I'm probably going to watch a few more games this year.

This is the first year in 6 or 7 I have paid any attention at all. My brother was a big Wolves fan for some reason, telling me all summer how they were gonna be pretty good this year, my usual response was, you know I don't care. He died in October and the Wolves have the best record in the league after 20 games. I don't believe they have ever come close to doing that, Anthony Edwards is a pretty good player and I like Naz Reid. I'm probably going to watch a few more games this year.
My condolences on the loss of your brother, may he rest peacefully🙏🏻

Individual players are interesting but the teams aren't. And this force-fed, manufactured drama shit of "the inseason tournament" is fucking stupid.

Individual players are interesting but the teams aren't. And this force-fed, manufactured drama shit of "the inseason tournament" is fucking stupid.
Not going to pretend I even know who is left in this tourney.

Cuz I don’t.

But it does work.

Going to a game in like a week and a half, at my nephews request. Kid is six. And he loves this shit.

It’s never for us when sports make tweaks.

Not gonna lie though, I’m gonna be happy to cross the Joker off great players I’ve seen with my own eyes.

Not going to pretend I even know who is left in this tourney.

Cuz I don’t.

But it does work.

Going to a game in like a week and a half, at my nephews request. Kid is six. And he loves this shit.

It’s never for us when sports make tweaks.

Not gonna lie though, I’m gonna be happy to cross the Joker off great players I’ve seen with my own eyes.
it's like the NBA knew I was reading this thread