I've done a few projects

Hard to believe that it's been over 20 years since I installed this railing system on the portico roof. The posts, rails and balusters are made of a granite/composite slurry and are heavy as fuck. The two long rails for the front section weighed 200lbs each easily. The customer was a big dude, former collegiate swimmer and strong as hell and we put a ladder on each end of the portico and teamed up on those two pieces. I had to tell him to slow down cuz he was was going up his ladder like he was carrying a loaf of bread. Anyways, I hope he enjoyed his new custom home for the year he lived there because his wife caught him dipping his wick in the wrong candle and he got punted
scan0017.jpg

scan0018.jpg
scan0019.jpg

Beautiful Brazilian Rosewood flooring. 5" plank, pre-finished and some of the hardest densest wood I've ever cut.
Donaldson closet 017.jpg

Awesome 12' Pella slider at the same house as above. I never did get any good pictures of the interior after the customer did the stain and poly. Kinda bummin about that.
Nov 08 010.jpg

Hard to believe that it's been over 20 years since I installed this railing system on the portico roof. The posts, rails and balusters are made of a granite/composite slurry and are heavy as fuck. The two long rails for the front section weighed 200lbs each easily. The customer was a big dude, former collegiate swimmer and strong as hell and we put a ladder on each end of the portico and teamed up on those two pieces. I had to tell him to slow down cuz he was was going up his ladder like he was carrying a loaf of bread. Anyways, I hope he enjoyed his new custom home for the year he lived there because his wife caught him dipping his wick in the wrong candle and he got punted
View attachment 1374

View attachment 1375
View attachment 1376

Now it looks like it's missing something. More corbels? The windows look too naked now with that nice banister.

Now it looks like it's missing something. More corbels? The windows look too naked now with that nice banister.
I'm pretty sure he had shutters installed on the front of the house just before his now ex wife kicked him out.

FTR, purple martins eating mosquitoes in large quantities is a myth started by a Savannah businessman. There’s so many of those birds in South Georgia that they show up on weather radar when they all take off, and there’s still a ton of skeeters

Thats some nice flooring Rex.....I would of loved to put that in my house....

Beautiful looking and a beautiful job man.....
Thanks!

FTR, purple martins eating mosquitoes in large quantities is a myth started by a Savannah businessman. There’s so many of those birds in South Georgia that they show up on weather radar when they all take off, and there’s still a ton of skeeters
Not a myth around here. The Purple Martin's diet consists primarily of flying insects and in this neck of the woods that means mosquitoes. Bat boxes and purple martin birdhouses are the shit for skeeter control and most people aren't too keen on having bats around regardless of their nocturnal life.

Not a myth around here. The Purple Martin's diet consists primarily of flying insects and in this neck of the woods that means mosquitoes. Bat boxes and purple martin birdhouses are the shit for skeeter control and most people aren't too keen on having bats around regardless of their nocturnal life.
They fly too high for mosquitoes to make up a significant part of their diet. They will eat mosquitoes, but they don't feed on them enough to make a dent in any local population. Watched a segment on the Science Channel about them, and this is on Wiki:

Purple martins are insectivores, primarily feed by hawking, a strategy of catching insects in the air during flight. The birds are agile hunters and eat a variety of winged insects. Rarely, they will come to the ground to eat insects. They usually fly relatively high, so, contrary to popular opinion, mosquitoes do not form a large part of their diet.[3] Recent research, however, does indicate that the purple martin feeds on invasive fire ants (Solenopsis invicta) and that they may make up a significant portion of their diet

They fly too high for mosquitoes to make up a significant part of their diet. They will eat mosquitoes, but they don't feed on them enough to make a dent in any local population. Watched a segment on the Science Channel about them, and this is on Wiki:

Purple martins are insectivores, primarily feed by hawking, a strategy of catching insects in the air during flight. The birds are agile hunters and eat a variety of winged insects. Rarely, they will come to the ground to eat insects. They usually fly relatively high, so, contrary to popular opinion, mosquitoes do not form a large part of their diet.[3] Recent research, however, does indicate that the purple martin feeds on invasive fire ants (Solenopsis invicta) and that they may make up a significant portion of their diet
Thank you Captain Wiki.
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

1,200 sq ft Trex decking and railings and a reinforced vinyl pergola. The gazebo, bar and assorted furniture are all powder coated aluminum.
The frame is a beast.View attachment 486

Not going to lie but that house looks like shit. The siding...WTF? Why run it at a 45s?

That looks goofy as fuck.
1600619681109.png

That deck is awesome...

It's way too nice looking for that shitty looking house though, IMO.

Not going to lie but that house looks like shit. The siding...WTF? Why run it at a 45s?

That looks goofy as fuck.
View attachment 4110

That deck is awesome...

It's way too nice looking for that shitty looking house though, IMO.
I couldn't agree more about the siding. I'm not a fan of shiplap (shitlap) siding to begin with and putting it up at a 45 degree angle like that was an invintation for water infiltration. The house is pretty nice inside and from the front the all glass A-Frame design looks very cool, but it was built by an asshole contractor that cheesed out on everything. Low head room in basement, shit windows, crappy siding, poorly engineered cantilever deck in front, no overhangs on gable ends, cheap ass 3 tab shingles. The exterior is kaka.

A couple of years ago I got a call from an interior designer I do a lot of business with and she asked me if I could build a matching pair of open vanities and cut, sand and finish the live edge maple slabs for the tops. She started to describe what she wanted which sounde like a coffee table and I said I would scribble a sketch and text it to to see if I was on the right track.
20180109_163458.jpg
She said that was what she wanted so I gave her a price and got the go ahead to make 2.

Picked up some maple and poplar, birch plywood and full extension self closing drawer slides and a couple of days later I had them primed and painted.
20180108_154620.jpg

20180111_102312.jpg

Didn't want to buy a 10" circular saw to cut the two 3" thick slabs of maple so I rented this old beast (16" skilsaw) from Taylor Rental. The old fella that owned that place told me to be sure I was hanging on when I pulled the trigger because it kicked like a mule and he was right.

After getting the customers to choose which live edge they wanted exposed I squared them and cut the back side so they would fit tight to the wall. Spent the better part of a day doing that and then sanding that rough sawn maple smooth.

This is hers;
20180111_152252.jpg

This is his;

20180111_152326.jpg

I had some serious concerns about the weak spot in the front of his top so I pilfered a slab of 3/16" steel from a friend of mine, scribed and cut the piece to follow the outline of the slab, painted it and bolted it underneath, set back a bit so it wasn't visible.

20180123_152818.jpg

Last edited:
7 coats of oil based polyurethane later the plumber did his thing, the vanities were secured to the walls, the mirrors and sconces were installed they look like this
20180216_085146.jpg

20180216_085156.jpg

Bwwwwahahahahahahahaha

"derrrrr people pay me lots of money for my bird house.....derrrrrr"

bwwahahahahahahaha, how the fuck did I miss this gem?