James Corden Replacement

Yes....Scottish humor is nothing like English humor. The Scotts are more vulgar. Haha

Once you begin to understand the Scottish accent go look up Sir William Connolly, The Big Yin!
THE goat IMO. loved some of the travel/comedy series he had like Billy Connolly's World Tour of Scotland.

Kevin Bridges is another one to check out.

"working blue" for a comedian means they say some really offensive stuff, topics that most people are too polite to say.
Yep. She does a bit about blowing a guy who had a vasectomy. Funny shit right there.

There's no chance she can be worse than Corden, that's for sure.
I have no interest in late night shows that are just stupid bits, shitty music guests, and softball questions to celebrities. That's why Letterman was so good, he wasn't afraid to throw the fastball up and in. The current late night shows are all just a chance for celebrities come on and do a sales pitch for whatever they are hawking.
I don't need them to be hard hitting interviews, but how about not letting the guests PR people write the fucking questions and "jokes"

I have no interest in late night shows that are just stupid bits, shitty music guests, and softball questions to celebrities. That's why Letterman was so good, he wasn't afraid to throw the fastball up and in. The current late night shows are all just a chance for celebrities come on and do a sales pitch for whatever they are hawking.
I don't need them to be hard hitting interviews, but how about not letting the guests PR people write the fucking questions and "jokes"
Carson was great because it was a time where there wasn’t a lot of exposure to up-n-coming actors/comedians. He also had comedic bits that were classic. He became one of the most important gate keepers for comics at the time.

But THAT show isn’t needed anymore. The internet has granted exposure to anyone who wants it. And when Carson retired, no one took up the mantle of doing skits (I guess Fallon has kinda picked that up, but he is just genuinely not funny that it is hard to count him).

Letterman did good interviews. Ferguson had the “Fuck you all, this in my show! Fire me if you don’t like it” attitude that fit so well in that end of the late-night-show era.

Conan and Kimmel were OK, but at the end of the day, really just also-rans. Fallon, Cordon and Myers are absolute trash.

I legit am not sure why these shows still exist. They don’t get much viewership anymore. What is the point?

Carson was great because it was a time where there wasn’t a lot of exposure to up-n-coming actors/comedians. He also had comedic bits that were classic. He became one of the most important gate keepers for comics at the time.

But THAT show isn’t needed anymore. The internet has granted exposure to anyone who wants it. And when Carson retired, no one took up the mantle of doing skits (I guess Fallon has kinda picked that up, but he is just genuinely not funny that it is hard to count him).

Letterman did good interviews. Ferguson had the “Fuck you all, this in my show! Fire me if you don’t like it” attitude that fit so well in that end of the late-night-show era.

Conan and Kimmel were OK, but at the end of the day, really just also-rans. Fallon, Cordon and Myers are absolute trash.

I legit am not sure why these shows still exist. They don’t get much viewership anymore. What is the point?
Conan had skits and its what made him great. his interviews were sometimes contentious but mostly just fluff pieces. I know that you can't be a jerk to the guests or no guests will come on, but it needs to be less entertainment people and more actually interesting people. Not just some jackass who has a movie coming up and doesn't care at all about being on the show, was just told to do so by PR.

There's a talent deficit in this field right now. The sort of viewers who want to watch late-night comedy / entertainment are a weird demographic. Like 40-yr-old single people and those in their 60s and 70s who want to watch sanitized comedy bits with celebrities but somehow stay up late enough to not nod off too much during the commercials.

It would take some dynamic talent to engage younger audiences. There's a reason no one has replaced Trevor Noah on The Daily Show (or why Noah never had more than a fraction of the ratings that Jon Stewart had).

There's a talent deficit in this field right now. The sort of viewers who want to watch late-night comedy / entertainment are a weird demographic. Like 40-yr-old single people and those in their 60s and 70s who want to watch sanitized comedy bits with celebrities but somehow stay up late enough to not nod off too much during the commercials.

It would take some dynamic talent to engage younger audiences. There's a reason no one has replaced Trevor Noah on The Daily Show (or why Noah never had more than a fraction of the ratings that Jon Stewart had).
One is actually talented, funny and had great delivery, the other is Noah.