James Harden to Philly

James Harden Smiling GIF by Brooklyn Nets

6ers better hope Harden starts getting his bogus foul calls again.

79ers also get Paul Millsap. So that's something a little better than just Harden.

Still an overpay for him. The picks are unprotected 2022 and protected 2027. Makes sense to not protect 2022, it ain't gonna be top 10.

Wait, so a trade was made for a guy who always shoots but doesn't play defense for a guy that is afraid to shoot and sometimes plays defense?

Da fuq?

Sixers gave up nothing for Harden ... Ben Simmons was a horrible fit with Embiid (see 2021 playoffs) and was never going to suit up for the Sixers again anyhoo. Can't shoot at all (has never improved) and can't hit a free throw; a total liability at the end of games when teams play hack a Ben. Harden can play the inside/outside game with Joel and much better compliments the Big Man. The Sixers got to keep the 2 young guys in Tyrese and Matisse ... they gave up a backup Center in Drummond and a nice shooter in Curry (one-trick pony), but both were complimentary options; neither was any kind of difference-making star. Draft picks in the NBA are total crapshoots outside the top 5 or so picks ... it's not like the NFL; the Sixers pick next offseason won't be anything of value (the other one is in friggin' 2027 and it's top 8 protected). Embiid is in his prime "right now" and with Bigs you never know how long the shelf life will be. Harden gives Embiid and the Sixers their best chance at a Chip the next 2-3 years ... that had very little chance of happening prior to this trade. In the NBA you either go for Gold or you chase top 5 draft picks ... in-between means nothing.

I will miss Seth Curry. I liked him.

I will miss Seth Curry. I liked him.
I will not miss Seth's scraggly ass looking beard though. Harden's is much much better

Sixers gave up nothing for Harden ... Ben Simmons was a horrible fit with Embiid (see 2021 playoffs) and was never going to suit up for the Sixers again anyhoo. Can't shoot at all (has never improved) and can't hit a free throw; a total liability at the end of games when teams play hack a Ben. Harden can play the inside/outside game with Joel and much better compliments the Big Man. The Sixers got to keep the 2 young guys in Tyrese and Matisse ... they gave up a backup Center in Drummond and a nice shooter in Curry (one-trick pony), but both were complimentary options; neither was any kind of difference-making star. Draft picks in the NBA are total crapshoots outside the top 5 or so picks ... it's not like the NFL; the Sixers pick next offseason won't be anything of value (the other one is in friggin' 2027 and it's top 8 protected). Embiid is in his prime "right now" and with Bigs you never know how long the shelf life will be. Harden gives Embiid and the Sixers their best chance at a Chip the next 2-3 years ... that had very little chance of happening prior to this trade. In the NBA you either go for Gold or you chase top 5 draft picks ... in-between means nothing.
You just guaranteed a first round exit for Philly and drama at next years deadline as Harden cries again.

You just guaranteed a first round exit for Philly and drama at next years deadline as Harden cries again.
more dramatic than Ben fuckin Simmons?

He’s wanted out of two teams in just over a year. And all three he’s played for at some point.

If I had to go with one bailing on their next team, I’m gonna go with Harden.

He’s wanted out of two teams in just over a year. And all three he’s played for at some point.

guess we will see

when Ben chokes on the free throw line again and his coach tells him to do better, do you think his skin will be thick enough to take it?

Ben staying away from the team didn't seem to hurt them too much. What about if that same shit were in the locker room?

guess we will see

when Ben chokes on the free throw line again and his coach tells him to do better, do you think his skin will be thick enough to take it?
I doubt Durant and Nash handle him not being a great free throw shooter as poorly as Embiid and Doc did.

But it might be an issue.

Every time it's "I want to play with another star" and then crying because others are allowed to shoot the ball instead of him. He and Embiid won't work either.

Ben staying away from the team didn't seem to hurt them too much. What about if that same shit were in the locker room?
I think there is a difference between the two...

Ben came to a practice and was told to leave because he wasn't giving it his all. His thin skin kept him from going back into that locker room.

Harden is a different personality...and we will see if he clashes with Joel and Tobias and the rest...but we will see.