James Harden to Philly

As poor of a 3pt shooter as Simmons is.

He shot 30% last year. Harden is shooting 33% this season. Both could use a change in their volume.

guess we will see

when Ben chokes on the free throw line again and his coach tells him to do better, do you think his skin will be thick enough to take it?
Seth's shooting will more than make up for it and a couple of 1sts will as well.

And you can't trade another 1st until the 2024 draft when you do want to get something to help Joel out. That outside shooting of Seth is going to hurt.

I think there is a difference between the two...

Ben came to a practice and was told to leave because he wasn't giving it his all. His thin skin kept him from going back into that locker room.

Harden is a different personality...and we will see if he clashes with Joel and Tobias and the rest...but we will see.
Yes, we will see. History has shown that Harden can't stand to not have everything run through him. That's not going to work well on the 6ers. And then the cancer is going to be in the locker room, in view of everyone. Ben is a head case but at least he could be forgotten.

You just guaranteed a first round exit for Philly and drama at next years deadline as Harden cries again.

Ben Simmons wasn't coming back to play and the Sixers (fact) and prior to the Harden trade the Sixers did not have enough scoring to battle for a Championship. Essentially they gave up Andre Drummond and Seth Curry for Harden; immediately gives them a better chance in the postseason. I'm not sure how this can be argued.

Ben Simmons wasn't coming back to play and the Sixers (fact) and prior to the Harden trade the Sixers did not have enough scoring to battle for a Championship. Essentially they gave up Andre Drummond and Seth Curry for Harden; immediately gives them a better chance in the postseason. I'm not sure how this can be argued.
Just because Ben wasn't back doesn't mean you have to take on someone who has proven time and again they can't exist with another star. Harden is a volume shooter and putting up 22ppg. Seth is a spot up shooter and putting up 15ppg. Seth is exactly the role player that the 6ers need. Harden is exactly the "ball must be in my hands and I need 20 shots a game to get to 20 points" that the 6ers don't need.

Just because Ben wasn't back doesn't mean you have to take on someone who has proven time and again they can't exist with another star. Harden is a volume shooter and putting up 22ppg. Seth is a spot up shooter and putting up 15ppg. Seth is exactly the role player that the 6ers need. Harden is exactly the "ball must be in my hands and I need 20 shots a game to get to 20 points" that the 6ers don't need.
Harden can score and handle the basketball. Two things the sixers sorely needed. Curry can be nice, but he tends to only put it up when he's wide open. Harden working the pick and roll should be nice and will lessen the double and triple teams Embiid sees. Also helps take the ball out of Tobias' hands fucking things up at the end of the game with everyone on Embiid. Year and a half to see if it works and do a possible extension, if not that's money freed up to pair another with Embiid and Maxey. On the other hand they could have stuck with Seth Curry.

Reactions: ill
Harden can drive, Seth can't ... Harden can create (10.2 assists), Seth can't ... the only player prior to Harden who could drive to the cup and draw fouls (aside from Embiid) is Tyrese Maxey and he's still young and doesn't get as much respect as a vet like Harden. Again, bigs like Embiid don't have a long shelf life ... you have to go for it now that he's playing like an MVP and in his prime. Seth Curry is a nice spot up jumper, but in the playoffs when defenses play much tighter he won't be much of a difference maker. Does Harden guarantee the Sixers get far in the playoffs? No ... but at least it gives you a much better chance than going into the post season with what the Sixers had. I can easily see Harden's points shoot up to 25+ with the Sixers.

Harden can score and handle the basketball. Two things the sixers sorely needed. Curry can be nice, but he tends to only put it up when he's wide open. Harden working the pick and roll should be nice and will lessen the double and triple teams Embiid sees. Also helps take the ball out of Tobias' hands fucking things up at the end of the game with everyone on Embiid. Year and a half to see if it works and do a possible extension, if not that's money freed up to pair another with Embiid and Maxey. On the other hand they could have stuck with Seth Curry.
and multiple 1st round picks to either use to trade for someone who isn't a cancer or draft another player.

Harden can drive, Seth can't ... Harden can create (10.2 assists), Seth can't ... the only player prior to Harden who could drive to the cup and draw fouls (aside from Embiid) is Tyrese Maxey and he's still young and doesn't get as much respect as a vet like Harden. Again, bigs like Embiid don't have a long shelf life ... you have to go for it now that he's playing like an MVP and in his prime. Seth Curry is a nice spot up jumper, but in the playoffs when defenses play much tighter he won't be much of a difference maker. Does Harden guarantee the Sixers get far in the playoffs? No ... but at least it gives you a much better chance than going into the post season with what the Sixers had. I can easily see Harden's points shoot up to 25+ with the Sixers.
If Hardens points go up then he is shooting 2x-3x more shots to get there, and that's less shots for Joel.

But, y'all are set that this is a great move. Congrats. I've seen this show before and know how it ends.

and multiple 1st round picks to either use to trade for someone who isn't a cancer or draft another player.
you're really overvaluing those 1sts. The one this year or next is going to be late. At which point, if they really wanted to move up to that position, wouldn't be too hard. Who knows about the later, protected one.

They got rid of a guy that was faking mental illness to try and get paid after exhausting all other options up and til the point they started fining him. Disgraceful. Oh, Harden wanted to leave a team because he was on a team with another malcontent superstar who wasn't playing because he watched some youtube videos.

Reactions: ill
you're really overvaluing those 1sts. The one this year or next is going to be late. At which point, if they really wanted to move up to that position, wouldn't be too hard. Who knows about the later, protected one.

They got rid of a guy that was faking mental illness to try and get paid after exhausting all other options up and til the point they started fining him. Disgraceful. Oh, Harden wanted to leave a team because he was on a team with another malcontent superstar who wasn't playing because he watched some youtube videos.
Three times. Harden wanted off a team because he wasn't the lone star THREE TIMES.

Three times. Harden wanted off a team because he wasn't the lone star THREE TIMES.
if you say so. i recall him being traded once because the team wasn't going to be able to afford him. a second time because the team wasn't going anywhere, and a third time because it wasn't the team he wanted to be on.

not like he was playing on a team with any other players that had done that multiple times. *shrugs*

they might not win anything, but just say you hate him.

if you say so. i recall him being traded once because the team wasn't going to be able to afford him. a second time because the team wasn't going anywhere, and a third time because it wasn't the team he wanted to be on.

not like he was playing on a team with any other players that had done that multiple times. *shrugs*

they might not win anything, but just say you hate him.
I do hate him. And the reasons I've already stated are why. He wants to engineer things and then cry when he gets his way.

I do hate him. And the reasons I've already stated are why. He wants to engineer things and then cry when he gets his way.
just shipped out a guy like that. had a whole team built to suit his needs. took his ball and went home. i'll get by.

but i'll stop here, you keep spouting nonsense.

If Hardens points go up then he is shooting 2x-3x more shots to get there, and that's less shots for Joel.

But, y'all are set that this is a great move. Congrats. I've seen this show before and know how it ends.

The Sixers were going nowhere this year with what they had prior to the trade ... so if Harden doesn't work then the result would be the same regardless. Not sure what part of this is confusing ... the point is to try and win a Championship and that had zero shot of happening as the team was constructed prior to the trade. Adding Harden at least gives the Sixers a chance ... maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but we know the Sixers weren't reaching the Finals by not making the move.

"get Howard"..."wah trade Howard"
"get Chris Paul"..."wah trade Paul"
"Get Russ"..."wah trade Russ"
"You don't listen to me, I want out"
"I want Irving and KD"..."wah KD and Irving aren't sharing"

Have fun.

It's just one game, but Harden looked great ... he looks like a damn good fit and the biggest benefit may not even be Embiid, but Ty Maxey who's a budding star and now will see a bunch of open looks. I'm honestly a bit shocked that they looked this cohesive in his first start. I honestly expected 2-3 weeks before seeing this type of chemistry.

James Harden becomes first 76ers players with 25 points, 10 rebounds, 15 assists, 5 steals in a game.

This is why this trade was a no brainer imo. Thanks Ben, this could not have been possible without you.

you can also see him directing some of the other players on the court, which I don't think I ever saw from Ben.

At one point, Kork took a looooong 3 and was 2 ft short of hitting the rim and Harden looked at him like "wtf was that, dude"

all that will help them in the long run as they learn to mix James Harden style basketball in with Joel Embiid style.

Ben Simmons didn't do that