Jimbo getting ousted?

He’ll take a year off and then someone will be stupid enough to give him another chance with a stupid contract. I think I know who…..

College Football GIF by WVU Sports

Wait. @Hu War Yu thinks Bailor should be in the market for a new head coach soon

In what some may dismiss as typical coach speak, Lanning said there’s nowhere else he wants to be after signing his new deal with Oregon.

“It is not fair in college football, in my opinion, when a university makes a commitment to a coach but a coach doesn’t make a commitment to that university. I want to be here. Believe or not believe whatever you want. There’s no secret. This is what I want.
“I’ve said before the grass isn’t always greener. Like, I have everything I want here. There’s a vision for this to continue to grow. We’re able to get elite players, I think that’s no secret. As long as we can continue to recruit at a high level, develop, and continue to have world-class facilities, continue to push the bar in everything that we do, everything’s here that’s necessary for us to be successful.
“It’s something I want to sign up for, not something I shy away from.”
It will be interesting to see if Lanning is pursued by Texas A&M.

I have no idea who aTm might target in their coaching search as the pool is very shallow:

Dan Lanning has a 20mm buyout.
Mike Elko has done well at Duke but is he the guy they would want?
Lance Leipold is 60 years old so you hire him for like 5 years?
Lane Kiffin makes nearly 9mm a year at Ole Miss and pretty much is left alone to do what he wants.
Jeff Traylor from UTSA has been mentioned but hiring AAC in the SEC hasn't really worked out well.

Mike Norvell is an interesting name and he might be interested because of the increased budget as running an ACC program is challenging from a financial standpoint but can aTm stomach another FSU hire?

There is wanting a candidate and being able to get a candidate and the two best that might be gettable are Norvell and Kiffin but I'm betting Kiffin will hold out to see if he can get Bama. aTm has become a graveyard for coaching careers.

Speaking of Elko. Remember that coach that went from Duke went to the SEC. If you need a hint. He went 122-27-1, and that was before the transfer portal and NIL.

Lanning going to AtM would be a colossal mistake

I think Lanning would leave Oregon if the right SEC job opened up but it wasn't going to be Texas A&M in their minds. If/when he leaves, it's going to be for a program that's already operating at the highest level and he just has to keep it going. Georgia and Alabama are the ones that come to mind. It's not going to be for a program that's looking to rebuild. He's building a very solid foundation at Oregon and taking over a rebuild is too risky for his career IMO.

Oregon getting into the Big Ten played a big part in Dan's decision. If Oregon was stuck in the PAC 10 playing on Apple+, Dan would be gone. That was killing Dan's recruiting efforts. Oregon has surged in recruiting since announcing that they're joining the Big Ten.

I think Lanning would leave Oregon if the right SEC job opened up but it wasn't going to be Texas A&M in their minds. If/when he leaves, it's going to be for a program that's already operating at the highest level and he just has to keep it going. Georgia and Alabama are the ones that come to mind. It's not going to be for a program that's looking to rebuild. He's building a very solid foundation at Oregon and taking over a rebuild is too risky for his career IMO.

Oregon getting into the Big Ten played a big part in Dan's decision. If Oregon was stuck in the PAC 10 playing on Apple+, Dan would be gone. That was killing Dan's recruiting efforts. Oregon has surged in recruiting since announcing that they're joining the Big Ten.
what about him being from Missouri? that one lingers because of losing taggart to Florida state where he is from and Mario to Miami where he is from.

what about him being from Missouri? that one lingers because of losing taggart to Florida state where he is from and Mario to Miami where he is from.

His brother is a big KU fan so I’m guessing that’s who the family grew up rooting for. I don’t think he would leave Oregon for Kansas

Jackie Sherrill is still alive.

Imagine how good he would be with it legal to buy recruits now......

1700000875842.png

I don't cheat and I don't lie!