Movie Killers of the Flower Moon (2023)

We saw it Friday. I felt like the trailers were misleading but perhaps that was the point? But it was a good movie. DiCaprio did a fantastic job, and it there was a pretty diverse supporting cast, i.e. some newcomers who were impressive like Sturgill Simpson and Lily Gladstone.

I intentionally went in to the movie knowing nothing but what i gathered from the trailers. So i had my assumptions on the storyline but was still pretty far off.

Good movie, fascinating story.

And i really enjoyed the musician cameos. I noticed Jason Isbell right away, but totally missed Sturgill, Jack White, and Pete Yorn.

Movie finally up on Apple TV. Either I'll try to squeeze a viewing in tomorrow before the NFL games start or I'll have to wait a couple weeks.

Killers of the Flower Moon
Apple+
Narrative just isn’t there, like The Irishman. What is there for plot is seen from a mile away.
De Niro, though, gives us his best performance in two decades.
The worst choice here is the soundtrack. Why would you play music over scenes with De Niro and DiCaprio?

Killers of the Flower Moon
Apple+
Narrative just isn’t there, like The Irishman. What is there for plot is seen from a mile away.
De Niro, though, gives us his best performance in two decades.
The worst choice here is the soundtrack. Why would you play music over scenes with De Niro and DiCaprio?
omfg...the nonstop music! totally annoyed the shit out of me. i think i use it as a cue for something to happen and was realizing it was just almost always.running.in.the.background! otherwise, thought it was pretty okay. moved slow and dragged quite a bit for me. admittedly, my attention span is shot thanks to social media, but i feel like they could have packed more... something into the 3 1/2 hours. I also think I became a little disinterested because we all know how the story ends IRL. Your 5 is probably right, but also feels just a bit generous for me.