Larry Bird

I do wish I enjoyed roundball though. I need something to bet on between the end of football and the start of baseball

You went to an NBA game?
A large group of family has taken my elderly grandfather to a Bucks game every year since my grandmother passed away as a means to celebrate my grandfather's continued existence on this rock. He's a big Bucks fan and I love my grandpa.

Imagine 'Bronbron charging the lane (absurd, right?) and wading around down there amongst the trees. I wonder how Rick Mahorn (6' 11") freakin Laimbeer (6' 11") and James fucking Edwards (7' 2") would have liked that?

He might have tried it once. Not twice. :nonono:
Don't forget about Charles Oakley, "only" 6'9, but as rough as anyone. Even Prime Rodman would give him fits.

That said, I think if Lebron had been brought up in that time, he'd be fine, if taken back in time, he'd have to adapt. Players now are a product of the era, same as the NFL, they can't do or get away with things now like they did in the 70's and 80's.

I've been to an NBA game this year.
This reminds me... Not only has the NBA games themselves gone off the rails, but the halftime "entertainment" has, too. The halftime "show" was some halfwit "artist" spray-painting on some cardboard with stencils at center court while doing a break-dancing move every once in a while. It was so cringe-inducing that my brother and I entertained ourselves by trolling the shit out of them using the "I'd rather" game... "I'd rather watch two 11 year old girls play Magic the Gathering than watch this shit!" "Yeah? Well I'd rather watch Elton John and Steven Tyler have a tickle fight that watch this shit!" "Yeah? Well I'd rather..."

Don't forget about Charles Oakley, "only" 6'9, but as rough as anyone. Even Prime Rodman would give him fits.

That said, I think if Lebron had been brought up in that time, he'd be fine, if taken back in time, he'd have to adapt. Players now are a product of the era, same as the NFL, they can't do or get away with things now like they did in the 70's and 80's.
Hell, an older Oakley and Rodman gave Shaq fits!

Fool, I've been to an NBA game this year. I watched one of the top superstars of today's league - Giannis - never hustle all game and still win. Today's NBA players are not fast and none of them work hard. Bird would pull Giannis's pants down and butt fuck him in front of his teammates while knocking down a shot left handed.

200w.gif

Imagine 'Bronbron charging the lane (absurd, right?) and wading around down there amongst the trees. I wonder how Rick Mahorn (6' 11") freakin Laimbeer (6' 11") and James fucking Edwards (7' 2") would have liked that?

He might have tried it once. Not twice. :nonono:

Or Charles Oakley or Anthony Mason...