Last movie you watched and rating (1-10)

that said, watching not even a movie a day is pretty easy, 2024

1. Lift
  2. Destroy All Neighbors
  3. Night Swim
  4. Self Reliance
  5. American Star
  6. The Beekeeper
  7. Orion and the Dark
  8. The Greatest Night in Pop
  9. Somewhere Quiet
  10. I.S.S.
  11. The Book of Clarence
  12. Skeletons in the Closet

Statham could never be in anything too ridiculous, he's always going to crush... as least for 5 more years.

The Matrix

Still solid after all these years and a trio of lame sequels. Visionary.

Thanksgiving Peacock

4 of 10

A B movie with some horrible acting......horrible special effects on the graphic scenes.......
Only thing kept me interested was its a who dunnit movie which I figured out a 1/4 of the way thru.......it was the only thing that piqued my interest.

Thanksgiving Peacock

4 of 10

A B movie with some horrible acting......horrible special effects on the graphic scenes.......
Only thing kept me interested was its a who dunnit movie which I figured out a 1/4 of the way thru.......it was the only thing that piqued my interest.

If you saw the original trailer (from Grindhouse), you'd know this was the intent.

Argylle - 6/10

Some interesting ideas, but not enough to justify a theater ticket price

Under the Silver Lake
MAX
LA kid goes looking for love interest who goes missing.
At its heart, it’s a mishmash of neo-noir and Greek fable.
They also throw in lots of Hitchcock, some Tarantino, a generous dash of 70s Hollywood.
It seems more of an exercise in throwing all these genres together rather than putting forth a narrative, but it also has this satirical thing about LA and Hollywood… and some moments of existential introspection.

Midnight Cowboy
Pluto
Finally got to see it. Hoffman and Voigt are exceptional. A movie about despair and decay and the pain of hope.

They Called Him Mostly Harmless
MAX
Wow. A metadocumentary about the interweb sleuths who searched for an unidentified dead hiker. It is brilliant. Along the lines of that Argentine BBQ documentary, Todo Sobre El Asado

Midnight Cowboy
Pluto
Finally got to see it. Hoffman and Voigt are exceptional. A movie about despair and decay and the pain of hope.

Voight is good too...

Hostel Prime

Ive seen this movie aap. 4-5 xs,but its been awhile since I have seen the uncut version.
Greatt movie for gore if thats what you are into.......

Red Right Hand with Orlando Bloom
6/10

Thanksgiving
Netflix
Pointless cliche campy teen horror that takes from every much better movie in the genre, but amateurishly executes. Was gonna give it and extra point for some creative if cheesy kills until I saw the reveal and the ending. Ugh.

Napoleon
Peacock
This film seems like a walk-through of the script instead of the actual filming. Phoenix seems like he has just learned his lines a few minutes before and hasn’t given any actual thought how he’s going to tackle this role. He’s not really trying.
The blocking, editing, and cgi are amateurish.
Consequently, the parts where there should be real emotional payoff fall way flat.
It’s a bunch of hitting plot points until you get to Waterloo, and that isn’t really done top notch.
It really feels like that turd, Alexander, a movie that the director AND production seem to have given up on.
The music is cool, I guess, and the “look.”

Napoleon
Peacock
This film seems like a walk-through of the script instead of the actual filming. Phoenix seems like he has just learned his lines a few minutes before and hasn’t given any actual thought how he’s going to tackle this role. He’s not really trying.
The blocking, editing, and cgi are amateurish.
Consequently, the parts where there should be real emotional payoff fall way flat.
It’s a bunch of hitting plot points until you get to Waterloo, and that isn’t really done top notch.
It really feels like that turd, Alexander, a movie that the director AND production seem to have given up on.
The music is cool, I guess, and the “look.”
My bad. It’s on Apple

Trailer Park Boys: The Movie.

9.4/10

When it was over, Jesus Murphy, it felt the whole world had been sucking my dick for an hour.

I couldn’t even finish Napoleon. Love letter gay shit and pretend history. E’rybody involved deserves to get fucked.

House of a 1000 Corpses....8 of 10..the begining of the Rob Zombie flicks......
What a weird,insane,craxy movie of torturing kidnapped teens.......