Last movie you watched and rating (1-10)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 28,020.00
Let’s start it up here.

And I’ll start. Not a new movie....I’ve seen it much, but it was a while since I’d seen it.

Almost Famous.

That’s just really good movie making. Period.

The immersion in the time period, the characters, the music. A 22 year old Kate Hudson, ooff.

Still a 10/10

Just watched a movie I'd never heard of called G-LOC with the wife tonight. 2 out of 10 don't bother.

A week ago... Project Power... awful. 3/4-10

Death Wish (2018) was pretty good. Better than I expected. Willis sells the change and character well. It was amusing to see the scene after he shot the black guy (Ice Cream man) and the news/radio was reporting white on black crime whereas all the other killings were generally applauded lol.

Not bad, held my interest through most of the duration.

A bit behind the times but the mrs and I watched The Upside a few weeks ago.

Definitely has some 5 star moments.

I watched a movie called "Takers" last night on Prime and it was excellent.

Takers[3] (formerly known as Bone Deep) is a 2010 American action thriller film directed by John Luessenhop from a story and screenplay written by Luessenhop, Gabriel Casseus, Peter Allen, John Rogers, and Avery Duff. It features Matt Dillon, Paul Walker, Idris Elba, Jay Hernandez, Michael Ealy, Tip "T.I." Harris, Chris Brown, Hayden Christensen and Zoe Saldana. The film was released on August 27, 2010.[4]

The film follows a group of professional bank robbers (Ealy, Brown, Christensen, Walker and Elba) who specialize in spectacular robberies, as they are pulled into one last job by a recently paroled cohort (T.I.) only to be pitted against a hard-boiled detective (Dillon) and his partner (Hernandez) who interrupt their heist.[5][6][7]

I highly recommend it.

Darkest Hour - I was just at Number 10 Downing Street and Churchill's War Rooms late last year and so was anxious to see this. I'll give it an 8.

Favorite scene:

Churchill has been summoned to the palace for breakfast with the King as war looms.
King George, watching Churchill eat and drink: "Mr. Prime Minister, I simply must ask. Scotch with breakfast. A bottle of champagne at lunch, another at dinner. Brandy and port with dessert. How DO you manage?"
The Prime Minister, between mouthfuls: "Practice."

Let’s start it up here.

And I’ll start. Not a new movie....I’ve seen it much, but it was a while since I’d seen it.

Almost Famous.

That’s just really good movie making. Period.

The immersion in the time period, the characters, the music. A 22 year old Kate Hudson, ooff.

Still a 10/10
I have been meaning to watch this one for ages - going to try and rent this one with the wife.

For the absolute fuck of it, the wife and I watched Point Break last night. Does not hold up, to what I remember 20+ years ago. 2\10 I guess, and the 2 comes from just being able to openly mock it, and Keanu Reeves acting, which made for entertaining jokes, more than entertaining movie. Not good, but I have been getting Johnny Utah references from a few family members since growing my hair out, so we had to go back and watch it. Do not recommend.

24 hours to live.

Not bad. 6 out of 10

For the absolute fuck of it, the wife and I watched Point Break last night. Does not hold up, to what I remember 20+ years ago. 2\10 I guess, and the 2 comes from just being able to openly mock it, and Keanu Reeves acting, which made for entertaining jokes, more than entertaining movie. Not good, but I have been getting Johnny Utah references from a few family members since growing my hair out, so we had to go back and watch it. Do not recommend.
Now go back and watch Speed lol. Keanu is a pretty bad actor, luckily Hooper saves the movie.

I don’t watch many movies. Think the last movie I watched was All Dogs Go To Heaven a month or so back on tv.

6/10. Not bad, but not as good as I remember as a kid

The House That Jack Built

I give it a 9/10. It is the best movie I have seen this year (even though it came out in 2018). Mat Dillon plays a serial killer and it is easily my 2nd favorite role that I have seen him in (Something About Mary being #1). I have never seen a Lars Von Trier movie before this one but I will check out his others after this. Dark, violent but funny at parts. Unique film and the ending segment of the movie is a pretty cool way to end the movie.