Last movie you watched and rating (1-10)

Yeah as the years go on I like Inception less than I originally did. Might have just seen it too many times. But I like how there are some different ways to look at it and theorize about it. Some of the emotional elements of the movie hit and its one of the best endings for one of his movies.

Thinking about how Tenet very much feels like a different type of Inception movie the one thing it really misses is any sort of emotional tie to the characters stories. It's not that the characters are unlikable in Tenet but you just don't every feel that invested or care about how any of it turns out for any of them. If not for the convoluted gimmick of time in the movie it would be just a very generic action flick with very well done action scenes.

Watching Rocky Balboa.

Solid 7.

Watched Tesla over the weekend. Fucking awful

Escape Room. 7/10

I think they did a good job with the movie and made an interesting concept work. My only complaint is that they tied up all of the loose ends too quickly in the last ten minutes or so which raised more questions than it answered.

End of Watch 7.8

Wasnt feeling the sort of self shot camera style of it at first but it ended up being a pretty good movie. One that would not be allowed to be made in today's climate where the cops are shown as good people.

Polytechnique

Movie by Denis Villeneuve about some mass shooting in Montreal in 1988. Black and white but it is pretty good. I don't think a movie like this could be made today.

A Simple Plan

Somehow never saw this before. A bit of a mix between a Cohen Brothers movie and a PTA movie. A bit too campy with some of the acting early on. The second half of the film is when it really gets interesting.

The Devil All The Time

A new movie to Netflix. Period piece that takes place over I think 17 years or so, idk it gets a little confusing with some of its jumps to different time periods. It has a few different stories with different characters and by the end of the film those different stories come together. Slow burn of a movie but it was pretty decent. Story is a bit on the dark side.

The 7th Dawn with William Holden.

I'll give it a solid 7. I doubt anyone else here has a real interest in most of the movies I watch.

Last movie I watched from beginning to end (this is how long since I have watched a full movie) was the Dark Knight.

I found it to be a bit overrated. Maybe a 7 on a 1-10.

The girlfriend person was so annoying to me that I was kind of happy when she exploded into pieces.

And I found the ending to be quite stupid. "Blame me."

Just blame the Joker. He's already the villain of the movie to begin with!

Logic fails of that nature really ruin a movie for me.

The Invisible Man 2020. I was entertained. 7/10.

I doubt anyone else here has a real interest in most of the movies I watch.
Au contraire, mon ami, I've seen just about everything in William Holden's filmography.

The Fly

For when it was made I really liked the costume/makeup/whatever transformation throughout the movie. Goldblum was excellent in it.

Incendies

The movie was good and I was going to give it a 8.1 until the last 10 minutes or so when an ending came that I did not see coming at all. Great movie. If you don't mind subtitles I strong recommend. A woman dies and leaves behind as part of her will a letters to her twin children (son and daughter) to find their brother they didn't know they had and their father who they never knew. Takes place in the Middle East. Well worth the watch.

Just watched Moneyball for the first time. Never wanted to watch it since I knew the story. Still pretty decent, didn't learn anything new but was entertained

6/10

The Equalizer

Another "I never saw that the first time". Enjoyed it.
Was nice not having the standard Hollywood "bad guy is reluctant, uses power/ability, gets his weakness exposed and ass kicked, remembers he is a bad ass and saves the day" crap. Just ass kicking the entire time

8/10

Draft Day

One of my favorite movies of all time.

9/10
You must have a great talent at suspending reality.

I’ll admit it. I enjoyed it enough. It Costner was good. But, the whole plot and premise was rife for ridicule. Which probably helped me enjoy the first watch as well.

Not so much any other attempts to watch it.