Last movie you watched and rating (1-10)

Predestination

Another bit of a mind bender movie. Secret government time traveling agency setup to try to influence the past to stop bad events from happening. Movie goes in some wild directions.
I saw this once back when it came out and even though I have only seen it once, to this day I still tell people it is one of if not the best time travel movie I have seen.

And I am a HUGE stickler with time travel movies. I don't know why, but my brain will not let me simply overlook some things. I will have to watch again and see if it holds up to that original thought.

Just watched The Dead Don't Die.

kind of weird, it's a zombie comedy that I feel doesn't truly show what it was trying to. There are moments when the actors are talking about the movie itself - almost like a fourth wall break, but not talking to the audience but to each other instead... is that supposed to be a 3rd wall break? lol idk. But when they do that it feels like it will lead to something funny or meaningful, but then it falls right back into a non-third wall-breaking movie. Most characters seem unusually calm throughout a zombie apocalypse which plays nicely - but again I felt like it was supposed to or going to lead to something meaningful and it just never transpired.

Somewhat fun, some nice takes/differences on zombie flicks, it stars Bill Murray and Adam Driver - so solid acting as well. Story seems out of place, but also feels like it is meant to, but again... nothing comes of it. Enjoyed watching, left disappointed.

5.5/10

Just watched The Dead Don't Die.

kind of weird, it's a zombie comedy that I feel doesn't truly show what it was trying to. There are moments when the actors are talking about the movie itself - almost like a fourth wall break, but not talking to the audience but to each other instead... is that supposed to be a 3rd wall break? lol idk. But when they do that it feels like it will lead to something funny or meaningful, but then it falls right back into a non-third wall-breaking movie. Most characters seem unusually calm throughout a zombie apocalypse which plays nicely - but again I felt like it was supposed to or going to lead to something meaningful and it just never transpired.

Somewhat fun, some nice takes/differences on zombie flicks, it stars Bill Murray and Adam Driver - so solid acting as well. Story seems out of place, but also feels like it is meant to, but again... nothing comes of it. Enjoyed watching, left disappointed.

5.5/10
My review, almost word for Word from the other site.

The Thing

Never saw it before last night. Love the natural effects used and not relying on special effects.

Mank

Oof. Worst movie Fincher has ever made by far. Was really looking forward to it. It jumps around too much and overall is just never that interesting wherever it jumps to. The only redeemable thing about it is Amanda Siedfried or whatever her name is looks gorgeous throughout.

Unhinged - It is what you expect it to be. Nothing great, though Crowe does a good job, I think the story is a little too much to believe, but you never know. It did have a nice opening credits where it basically talked about the decline of people in America. 4/10. Again it is tolerable, but it is pretty much exactly what you would expect.

Bill and Ted Face the Music - I honestly don't understand how this got good reviews. It is by far worse than the previous ones. Reeves is probably the worst actor in the whole movie, it's kinda embarrassing given he is the most successful. The movie has a few funny moments, but nothing that makes you care. The actor that plays Teds daughter did a pretty good job. The actor playing Bills daughter I have seen in other movies like Ready or Not and he is pretty hot so that was nice lol. Basically, Bill and Ted still never came up with the song that unites (now saves) the world and they venture through the future to take it from themselves, but then things go sideways and it turns into a rescue mission... yawn... but that's me and honestly, it just isn't worth talking about more. 4/10.

Sound of Metal

I guess this is a movie made for Amazon. In regards to movies that came out this year it is in the running for the best. About a drummer who goes deaf.

The Lie - an Amazon original. It is currently at 3.5 out of 5 and I think that is fair. Nothing really bad, but nothing really amazing either. However, there is a twist ending that... is pretty good, but it is so late in the movie it doesn't make up for much. The movie is filmed really dark... not menacing or dark in that way, but actually dark. When the sun is out, it still looks rather dark. Idk if it is something with my settings or the angle in which I was watching, but I kept saying that throughout the film - 'why does it look so dark the whole time?'. If it is a style or something the director was trying out, it didn't work and it didn't work specifically because it is throughout the WHOLE film, never once let up and got bright or normal even. Acting was solid, mom and dad, played by Mirelle Enos and Peter Sarsgaard respectfully did a good job. The main girl played by Joey King did a good job as well for her part.

Just watched Fatman.... it is pretty much what you would expect. Nothing great, but somewhat entertaining. Mel Gibson is still the man. I don't really understand what people like about Walton Goggins, I am not saying he is bad, but he definitely felt miss cast in this role. He doesn't come of as this badass his character was supposed to be, plus I have always thought he looked weird. Might have something to do with that billboard of a forehead. All in all 5/10. Silly movie, plays on what if Santa was real type of thing and what would happen if he pissed some people off. Dumb, but entertaining.

Escape Room. 7/10

I think they did a good job with the movie and made an interesting concept work. My only complaint is that they tied up all of the loose ends too quickly in the last ten minutes or so which raised more questions than it answered.

I liked this movie quite abit.......recommended to anyone who has not seen it.....

Last edited:
Waiting

It was just as funny as it was 15 years ago. This movie probably couldn't be made now.

9/10

Waiting

It was just as funny as it was 15 years ago. This movie probably couldn't be made now.

9/10
Been a long time since I have seen it, but I cringe whenever people say "couldn't be made now" - probably true, but sad nonetheless. People need to lighten up a bit in this regard.

Been a long time since I have seen it, but I cringe whenever people say "couldn't be made now" - probably true, but sad nonetheless. People need to lighten up a bit in this regard.
Floor spice makes everything nice!

Ava.
Watched on netflix.
Decent with lots of killing.

6.5/10

MONDO! MONDO! JAY! JAY! JAY!