Last movie you watched and rating (1-10)

American Utopia

David Byrne done by Spike Lee.

Extremely good.

Last edited:
Warriors of Honor

Doc, on Tubi. Stonewall Jackson's Christian faith drives him to save slavery.

It was crazy. Hard to believe it's available tbh.

Borat Subsequent Movie Film

Pretty funny; a solid 7/10
Interesting. I had some feedback yesterday it was horrid. Wasn’t a political read either....it was from a Borat fan, who might have just had way too high of expectations.

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm

Big fan of Sache from his Ali G days which of course included Borat and Bruno before those movies. Loved the original Borat movie and thought the Bruno movie was a step down but still pretty decent.

This new Borat movie was unfortunately not as a good. There was one scene/skit that was centered around some father/daughter dance competition thing that was very funny but outside of that it was very lacking. Disappointing that most of the time it wasn't even Borat but "Borat" dressed up in some other disguise doing some other characters. Those other characters just weren't funny. Like most comedy sequels you will see the same bit done again and we see this with him trying to recreate another great "Throw the Jew down the well" type of sing along classic scene but it just wasn't funny this time around.

He Got Game

Saw it once years ago and rewatched it again a couple nights ago. To my it is between this and 25th Hour as Spike Lee's best movie. Great performances from Denzel and Ray Allen as well. The concept is a bit unrealistic but still a very solid movie.

I give it a 7/10. There some extremely funny parts, but I can't give it higher than a 7/10 because there were too many painfully lame parts.

I watched Downhill last week.

It sucked out loud. I'm embarrassed to even admit that I finished it, but I think I was waiting for something (ANYTHING) that would make me say 'oh, I now understand why someone would make this movie," but the end credits came first.

I give it a 7/10. There some extremely funny parts, but I can't give it higher than a 7/10 because there were too many painfully lame parts.
I’m going to say 6/10. But, I also didn’t find the first Borat life altering.

It was worth the time. I did laugh my ass off a few times. But, while I get that he caught many off guard in his first film.....I’m struggling on this one. People know who he is. It felt a little stretched in that regard.

Coherence

Never heard of this movie until I watched it on Hulu last night. It was very good, pretty unique mind bender of a movie and actually falls pretty close in line with some of my concepts on life and the universe.

A broad description of the plot without giving much up would be some friends have a dinner party the same night that a comet is passing by earth and as it passes weird things start to occur.

Predestination

Another bit of a mind bender movie. Secret government time traveling agency setup to try to influence the past to stop bad events from happening. Movie goes in some wild directions.

A bit behind the times but just saw A Quiet Place.
Pretty neat concept for a Sci Fi Horror flick

Just made the wife watch Tombstone.
She won’t necessarily admit to it, but I can tell she enjoyed it

The Man From Earth

Very low budget and only people talking in a cabin but the story that is told is very gripping and goes in some wild directions, almost too wild. But then again that's what also made it so good.

Streaming on Amazon Prime.

To Die For

Cabt remember if I have seen it before, I think I have since points of it seemed familiar but overall watching it was fresh. Very strong cast. Fun movie, just wish we got some naked Nicole Kidman.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5df13e10e961e1000738da93%2F0x0.jpg%3FcropX1%3D227%26cropX2%3D1383%26cropY1%3D0%26cropY2%3D649

On Netflix, massive budget obviously and stars Ryan Reynolds and Melanie Laurent.

Director is Michael Bay

Movie had a lot of action, but the story line and plot was about as bad as it could be for a movie of this budget.

3/10

1*mbm_bW4nPzfZt-CFTbJPwA.png

Decent movie with some big name actors. Somewhat climatic at times, but in the end it was just bland.

Oh well, not the worst film I've seen this week.

6/10

the latest Terminator (Dark Fate??)

Not as bad as I was expecting. But I was expecting SHIT. Certainly better than the last one (no idea what it was called).

I don’t fully understand the new timeline, though. Is basically everything after T2 now non-canon??

5/10. It was fun enough with enough Easter egg call backs to the old films to be at least enjoyable. Just remember to check your brain at the door.