LeBron/NBA and Their Hypocrisy

lol

If you don't like the message, discredit the messenger.

I guess we're going to just ignore facts like sports being played outside of their normal season competing against sports that are in their normal season since it doesn't fit the narrative.

If you want to give up sports altogether or certain sports over politics...that's your choice.

Just seems snowflakey to me since it's pretty easy to ignore all of those messages, etc. that some folks find so offensive.
ha, no I'm not discounting all messengers. I'm saying the guy had an agenda and his vehicle for getting it published to Yahoo Sports was to shoe horn some nonsense about TV ratings. I used facts to discredit his claims. I can't believe that shifting the NBA a few months alone caused Finals ratings to drop to almost 1/3 what they were the year before. NBA Finals hadn't seen viewership below 10m per game since the 2007 Spurs, and before that the 2003 Spurs. This year had two major franchises from two mega marketing markets and the supposed face of the league, but game 6 had 10m fewer sets of eyes than the previous years game 6?

I said earlier in this thread, I'm not offended by it. But I'm not going to waste my time watching "I can't Breathe" flop around like he just got no-scoped in Call of Duty or "Say Her Name" jump into someone trying to draw a free throw. There are more exciting things like watching paint dry.

ha, no I'm not discounting all messengers. I'm saying the guy had an agenda and his vehicle for getting it published to Yahoo Sports was to shoe horn some nonsense about TV ratings.

The very definition of discounting the messenger.

and lol, if you're not offended, why complain about it? Just don't watch.

The very definition of discounting the messenger.

and lol, if you're not offended, why complain about it? Just don't watch.
I used facts to tell why I think he is wrong, I listed out the numbers he was incorrect about.

I'm not complaining or threatening to not watch or any of that. I'm discussing why I think the NBA numbers are down. I'm using their closest comparisons (other pro leagues) as my baseline. Had the author of that BLM puff piece done the same he would probably be writing for someone other than Yahoo Sports.

I used facts to tell why I think he is wrong, I listed out the numbers he was incorrect about.

I'm not complaining or threatening to not watch or any of that. I'm discussing why I think the NBA numbers are down. I'm using their closest comparisons (other pro leagues) as my baseline. Had the author of that BLM puff piece done the same he would probably be writing for someone other than Yahoo Sports.

And I presented my reasons which make more sense than "politics". Viewership for every single league is down, even the ones that are playing at their normal times of year. Yet, people only point to "politics" for the NBA.

Politics may be part of it, but it's far from the main reason that some are trying to make it out to be. The funniest part is that most of those complaining and claiming it's politics appear to be ones who don't watch basketball anyway.

Hell, most of the folks complaining are from the other Hoop and I've never seen most of them on the NBA boards over there.

And I presented my reasons which make more sense than "politics". Viewership for every single league is down, even the ones that are playing at their normal times of year. Yet, people only point to "politics" for the NBA.

Politics may be part of it, but it's far from the main reason that some are trying to make it out to be. The funniest part is that most of those complaining and claiming it's politics appear to be ones who don't watch basketball anyway.

Hell, most of the folks complaining are from the other Hoop and I've never seen most of them on the NBA boards over there.

I've spoke to enough people who allegedly aren't watching because of politics but it's mostly football and baseball. I don't know of anyone who is an nba head that isn't watching because of politics

That isn't to say it didn't affect finals ratings some because that tends to attract casual viewers but the bigger issue with the ratings is definitely the sheer volume of sports available.

And I will add yet again that once in person attendance starts again sports will continue to thrive because of ad dollars.

He's always been a Yankees fan but he will always support Cleveland. This has been well known since his early days in Cleveland lol.

And now he's a Laker

So it tracks

He's always been a Yankees fan but he will always support Cleveland. This has been well known since his early days in Cleveland lol.
And now, apparently, he's a Dodgers fan too.

LeBron cheers for more teams than droider.

Meh, it's about business. The only team in LA that comes close to getting the support the Lakers get, is the Dodgers. The Dodgers are usually among the attendance leaders even when they're bad. Smart to show some support for them. Not smart to piss off Dodgers fans.

I may be wrong, but if memory serves, when he was in Miami he showed support for the Marlins or attended some games or something.

Having said that, probably best for him to just not tweet anything. It's too easy for people to call you out over that stuff these days. lol

And now, apparently, he's a Dodgers fan too.

LeBron cheers for more teams than droider.

LeBron's been a Yankees fan since he was in middle school. Although I think it's funny anyone would give a damn what team(s) any pro athlete roots for. Liverpool is one of the best soccer teams in the world. He's a fan of them. What are your thoughts about that?

Meh, it's about business. The only team in LA that comes close to getting the support the Lakers get, is the Dodgers. The Dodgers are usually among the attendance leaders even when they're bad. Smart to show some support for them. Not smart to piss off Dodgers fans.

Having said that, probably best for him to just not tweet anything. It's too easy for people to call you out over that stuff these days. lol

LeBron could go to social media and say it's a nice day in Los Angeles and some people would still have an issue.

LeBron's been a Yankees fan since he was in middle school. Although I think it's funny anyone would give a damn what team(s) any pro athlete roots for. Liverpool is one of the best soccer teams in the world. He's a fan of them. What are your thoughts about that?
That you are taking this joke way too seriously.