Life is tough

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 2,000.00
Even if you have life great, you still are going to experience pain and death. It is tough for animals and humans. People are dying every day.

It had me thinking, life is really not our true home. This is what Jesus kept informing us about in his ministry. Other religions point to this aspect as well.

What is the meaning of life?

In my opinion, I have always though it was a test. I see life as like a big exam or story that we are writing about ourselves with the ultimate goal of reaching heaven. However, I definitely want to hear the opinions of others.

Is there Covid in heaven?

COVID-19 is pretty light compared to diseases of the past. Compare it to Bubonic Plague or Small Pox. Yikes, those were viruses from hell.

I doubt you are looking for a serious answer but to answer your question:

Revelations 21: 1-4

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Basically disease won't exist because we won't have physical bodies that can get sick. You can best think about it as we would be spirits.

Even if you have life great, you still are going to experience pain and death. It is tough for animals and humans. People are dying every day.

It had me thinking, life is really not our true home. This is what Jesus kept informing us about in his ministry. Other religions point to this aspect as well.

In my opinion, I have always though it was a test. I see life as like a big exam or story that we are writing about ourselves with the ultimate goal of reaching heaven. However, I definitely want to hear the opinions of others.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how to rate volunteer football fandom in your experienced pain?

As easy as God has made my life, I figure I've got some serious suffering to do.

As easy as God has made my life, I figure I've got some serious suffering to do.

Hell even the easiest life will eventually have struggles. Frankly, I don't have a lot of issues other than constant drain of my time.

Honestly, the thought behind this thread came with a memory of a pet dying and thinking about my pet lol.

6nh7f7.jpg

Hell even the easiest life will eventually have struggles. Frankly, I don't have a lot of issues other than constant drain of my time.

Honestly, the thought behind this thread came with a memory of a pet dying and thinking about my pet lol.

Sorry about your pet. Those have always been hard on me.

Sorry about your pet. Those have always been hard on me.

I am not upset about it, just makes me think. Sure people on here may have good lives but that isn't true for every living thing.

Also even with a good life, you still face crap like illness, cramps, depression, etc.

We hit the lottery by living in the United States, but even our lives are not perfect. I figure that I would post this topic because I was thinking about that cat. This is the Philosophy Board after all :).

I wish my biggest loss was a pet, or a grandparent.

Quite frankly, the only ignorance I am jealous of is the ignorance of real loss and pain.

None of us are important enough to deserve an everlasting after life. It is a pipe dream that allows people to deal with their own mortality. None of this matters to anything, other than to the ones we love. Man created God, not the other way around. Use what you need to get through, but when the lights go out, thats it.

Life without love isnt worth living
grief is the price we pay for love
therefore life is pain.

I am not upset about it, just makes me think. Sure people on here may have good lives but that isn't true for every living thing.

Also even with a good life, you still face crap like illness, cramps, depression, etc.

We hit the lottery by living in the United States, but even our lives are not perfect. I figure that I would post this topic because I was thinking about that cat. This is the Philosophy Board after all :).

That's just life. You do things and things happen to you. You either face it or whine and pule about it. Whining and puling never solved anything in anyone's life. I guess it's all about perception.

That's just life. You do things and things happen to you. You either face it or whine and pule about it. Whining and puling never solved anything in anyone's life. I guess it's all about perception.

I am totally at a loss as to why people are thinking that I am whining in this thread. I was just stating reality and wanting a philosophical discussion.

No one bothered to understand the OP except maybe @Peter Gozintite who did actually give a somewhat philosophical response.

I am totally at a loss as to why people are thinking that I am whining in this thread. I was just stating reality and wanting a philosophical discussion.

No one bothered to understand the OP except maybe @Peter Gozintite who did actually give a somewhat philosophical response.

You misunderstand. I'm just having a philosophical discussion with you. I'm not accusing you of anything.

there is no heaven
I hope there is no afterlife. Getting through one of these mawfks was tough enough, I don’t need to do it again.

And honestly- all the depictions of “heaven” seem boring AF to me. They wear white after Labor Day and listen to harps all day long while petting baby lambs? No thanks. What do you even eat in heaven? Do I have to be vegan? Man, fuck that shit.

I hope there is no afterlife. Getting through one of these mawfks was tough enough, I don’t need to do it again.

And honestly- all the depictions of “heaven” seem boring AF to me. They wear white after Labor Day and listen to harps all day long while petting baby lambs? No thanks. What do you even eat in heaven? Do I have to be vegan? Man, fuck that shit.
But there's virgins and shit in heaven dawg

But there's virgins and shit in heaven dawg
Unless you’re under 25, virgins are weird. And poop is gross. Will people poop in heaven? Are there landfills? Indoor plumbing? What’s the Wi-Fi sitch? What do they all do for entertainment? You just visit with old dead people every day for fucking eternity?! This is sounding worse and worse by the minute.