TV Series Loki

not as good of an actor

He's not a bad actor (quite the opposite actually. Majors is pretty respected). He's deliberately playing He Who Remains that why. It's suppose to come off odd and off kilter. It's sort of a cross between the Mad Hatter and Willie Wonka, which the show sorta alludes to a bit with his dress and that he's looking for a replacement. And like BusSport said, this is a variant of Kang, who in the comics has like a ton of versions of himself. So he's gonna play this one differently than the other versions I'm sure we'll see in upcoming projects.

Best I can remember though, in the comics, He Who Remains isn't a Kang variant. So this is a new twist specific to the MCU.

Separate thought here, with the way Loki ended, it looks all but likely that the rumored spoilers for SpiderMan No Way Home (out this Fall) are gonna be true

I really liked Loki (and all the Marvel spinoffs so far). That franchise can absolutely do no wrong right now

Didn't realize that was the finale... I was disappointed with that.

Separate thought here, with the way Loki ended, it looks all but likely that the rumored spoilers for SpiderMan No Way Home (out this Fall) are gonna be true
For sure happening. Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx already confirmed to be in the movie. With Toby and Andrew Garfield rumored as well as Willem Dafoe as the Green Goblin.

Thoroughly enjoyed this series. This fall is gonna be crazy with the MCU

This winter with Spider-Man at the earliest. We have to get through Shang Chi and Eternals which are probably backstories. I'm fine with that as both have great trailers and should have gone out before Loki, but it's going to be Spider-Man and MOM that keep the MCU up to speed.

That being said, we may get some really awesome post credit scenes in those two.

Loki was probably the best series they put out so far. I would rank them as:

1. Loki
2. Falcon/Winter Soldier
3. What If
4. Anything else

5. WandaVision

Loki was probably the best series they put out so far. I would rank them as:

1. Loki
2. Falcon/Winter Soldier
3. What If
4. Anything else

5. WandaVision
The Netflix stuff was still better.

I watched the first What If… and it didn’t do anything for me yet.

So Howard ended up inventing the Ironman suit 60 years before Tony? Um…. OK…

The Netflix stuff was still better.

I watched the first What If… and it didn’t do anything for me yet.

So Howard ended up inventing the Ironman suit 60 years before Tony? Um…. OK…
Daredevil was better
Punisher was better

The rest was ok and definitely better than WandaVision.

Totally unrelated, but I just thought of it, and this as good a place as any to bring it up, I guess…

Tony was about 35ish in Ironman? Which means he was born in the mid ‘70s.

Captain America took place in the late 40s? And Howard was probably in his mid-30s at that time?

So Howard was 60ish when Tony was born. And when he was killed by Bucky, Tony was maybe 17/18, which would have put Howard at about 80.

OK OK…. Don’t look too close.

Totally unrelated, but I just thought of it, and this as good a place as any to bring it up, I guess…

Tony was about 35ish in Ironman? Which means he was born in the mid ‘70s.

Captain America took place in the late 40s? And Howard was probably in his mid-30s at that time?

So Howard was 60ish when Tony was born. And when he was killed by Bucky, Tony was maybe 17/18, which would have put Howard at about 80.

OK OK…. Don’t look too close.

The timeline's actually okay. We know specific dates from stuff like files and newspaper articles seen in the background across various movies.

Howard was born on August 15, 1917, and Tony was born on May 29, 1970. So Howard was 52 when Tony was born.

Captain America: The First Avenger took place from 1943-1945. Howard was about 26-28.

Howard was killed on December 16, 1991 at age 74, when Tony was 21.

Tony died on October 17, 2023 at age 53.

After starting (and abandoning) that shitbag Wandavision, I started Loki. Awesome show. Hopefully the momentum keeps going for the next 3 months or whatever it will take me to finish it.

After starting (and abandoning) that shitbag Wandavision, I started Loki. Awesome show. Hopefully the momentum keeps going for the next 3 months or whatever it will take me to finish it.
3 months? There is only about 5 total hours for the entire season. That’s a freaking lunch break…

3 months? There is only about 5 total hours for the entire season. That’s a freaking lunch break…
I don’t watch TV, outside of sports pretty much ever. Essentially I will watch about a half hours worth of TV on Saturday and Sunday each morning. So I guess it will only take about one month…

I got access to Marvel when my daughter gave me her Disney+ extra sign on.

I'd seen the first Iron Man and Spiderman, and both Guardians of the Galaxy previously.

Now I've seen all the movies, in 4K to boot. No regrets.

And now I'm on to the Loki series. Enjoyable.

Season 2 poster:

yw2vfpcslreb1.jpg

Season 2 trailer:

Last edited:
Looks great, and looks like they are sticking with Majors.