Looks like I will be a roofer this weekend.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 67,441.00
I am just too hardheaded to hire someone to do about a 400 sqft section of my roof. My house was built in 88', and the section where my HVAC units are mounted, is asphalt shingles. last weekend we had shitty wind ALL weekend long, and while looking outside, I saw shingles floating in the pool. Looked out at the roof, and there were shingles blowing all over the place. Knew I was totally fucked when I saw a piece of felt paper blow away to the neighbors yard.

Got up and measured it out, figured on upgrading some flashing, and spent about 500 on materials. had my son help me get all the shit on the roof yesterday, and will be diving into it this weekend. Hope I can get it all done by Sunday.

Will post pictures when I get up there this weekend. I'm a fucking idiot.

Watch your step

fall lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

You sure it's just shingles???
And not some underlying problem like severe water damage.

I am just too hardheaded to hire someone to do about a 400 sqft section of my roof. My house was built in 88', and the section where my HVAC units are mounted, is asphalt shingles. last weekend we had shitty wind ALL weekend long, and while looking outside, I saw shingles floating in the pool. Looked out at the roof, and there were shingles blowing all over the place. Knew I was totally fucked when I saw a piece of felt paper blow away to the neighbors yard.

Got up and measured it out, figured on upgrading some flashing, and spent about 500 on materials. had my son help me get all the shit on the roof yesterday, and will be diving into it this weekend. Hope I can get it all done by Sunday.

After my trip to AZ I meant to ask those of y'all from the southwest why you mount your a/c units on the roof, unprotected.

Don't fall...

protected from what?
all of the elements. We put ours in the attic here. The house I was staying at had an attic, but the unit was out on the roof just like everyone else. The pigeons seemed to love them.

My ankles and back. And knees all hurt right now just reading this.

My neck may have got sunburned somehow too.

That’s how shitty roofing is.

You sure it's just shingles???
And not some underlying problem like severe water damage.
Oh no, its the whole thing needing to be redone. Well that area. The cement tile portion is 90% of the roof in general. Thats stuff is all good, and the previous owner went through and upgraded the flashing and tar paper already. The problem with the area I am doing, is its too small for a roofer to want to fuck with, and all of the obstacles are a PITA. They want over 3grand to do it, and I can save a couple Gs.

all of the elements. We put ours in the attic here. The house I was staying at had an attic, but the unit was out on the roof just like everyone else. The pigeons seemed to love them.
In the attic?

That seems dangerous. Mine is outside, under the bedroom window. Sits unprotected all year long. As an AC unit should.

In the attic?

That seems dangerous. Mine is outside, under the bedroom window. Sits unprotected all year long. As an AC unit should.
The compressor is outside on the side of the house, but condenser and furnace are in the attic.

The compressor is outside on the side of the house, but condenser and furnace are in the attic.
the condenser is outside, the furnace and evaporator is in the attic.

We honestly have probably 75% like that here. The majority are not roof mounted.