Looks like I will be a roofer this weekend.

Ok, pics coming in now showing what really happened at the @Peter Gozintite household.

pool fail GIF

I hired a gaggle of Mexicans to roof my house a few years ago. Those fuckers got the entire job done in one day.

I hired a gaggle of Mexicans to roof my house a few years ago. Those fuckers got the entire job done in one day.
I will be done in one day too, once i get some favors paid up by some guys I have helped in the past. Just been dicking around making sure everything we could need is up there, and doing all the little time consuming things so when I get some help we can skull fuck that roof into submission.

How many Chimney's and A/C units do you need for one house
I know a good roofer, and sent him some pictures. He basically said that with all the obstacles, its the worst part of the roof to do, and he wasn't interested in doing it, cause it would basically cost him money, where his guys could be doing an entire roof somewhere else. Its only about 400 sqft, and probaly not even half will be full sheets of shingles. its going to be a fucking nightmare, but it shouldn't be more than one day.

1619801022878.png

That looks strange. What happens when it rains? Looks like a valley?...that would hold water. I've no experience with this type of roofing. Looks like a pain in the ass to repair....

View attachment 28720

That looks strange. What happens when it rains? Looks like a valley?...that would hold water. I've no experience with this type of roofing. Looks like a pain in the ass to repair....
Thats the ridge, or peak. There is a cap tile that bridges between the two side. I had already pulled a couple of those off before I took the picture

Thats the ridge, or peak. There is a cap tile that bridges between the two side. I had already pulled a couple of those off before I took the picture
Ok now I see it. Still looks like a pain...they do look nice though. Reminds me of LSU campus...all the buildings have terra cotta roofs.

kbi9m1joops51.jpg

lsu-campus-view.jpg

I am just too hardheaded to hire someone to do about a 400 sqft section of my roof. My house was built in 88', and the section where my HVAC units are mounted, is asphalt shingles. last weekend we had shitty wind ALL weekend long, and while looking outside, I saw shingles floating in the pool. Looked out at the roof, and there were shingles blowing all over the place. Knew I was totally fucked when I saw a piece of felt paper blow away to the neighbors yard.

Got up and measured it out, figured on upgrading some flashing, and spent about 500 on materials. had my son help me get all the shit on the roof yesterday, and will be diving into it this weekend. Hope I can get it all done by Sunday.

Will post pictures when I get up there this weekend. I'm a fucking idiot.

Please be careful Pee-pee.
I don't want to have to start calling you @Bayou Tiger II.

I am just too hardheaded to hire someone to do about a 400 sqft section of my roof. My house was built in 88', and the section where my HVAC units are mounted, is asphalt shingles. last weekend we had shitty wind ALL weekend long, and while looking outside, I saw shingles floating in the pool. Looked out at the roof, and there were shingles blowing all over the place. Knew I was totally fucked when I saw a piece of felt paper blow away to the neighbors yard.

Got up and measured it out, figured on upgrading some flashing, and spent about 500 on materials. had my son help me get all the shit on the roof yesterday, and will be diving into it this weekend. Hope I can get it all done by Sunday.

Will post pictures when I get up there this weekend. I'm a fucking idiot.
billy madison idiot GIF

I rock the blue tarp before I roofed part of a house myself.

When I was in college my room mate at the time worked as a roofer for a summer break. The roof work they did was commercial though....hot tar roofs!

He wore boots and long pants but went shirtless as it was so f'ing hot on a roof in Louisiana putting down hot tar during the summer.

We called him "Two-Tone Loc" because...well because he was two toned and Tone Loc was popular at the time...