Lynyrd Skynyrd greatest American rock band

I like Four walls but to be honest, Jamey Johnson did a better version on One More From the Road Tribute which was filmed at Fox Theater:

I love Jamey Johnson, but it’s extremely rare that I call a cover better than the original.

I love Jamey Johnson, but it’s extremely rare that I call a cover better than the original.
More songs than you think are covers that may not have done well by the original artist. For example, Midnight Special, Cocaine, I Love Rock and Roll, Blinded by the Light and Drift Away( John Henry Kurtz not Doby nor Kracker) and the list goes on. Early rock and later southern rock covered a lot of blues songs.

More songs than you think are covers that may not have done well by the original artist. For example, Midnight Special, Cocaine, I Love Rock and Roll, Blinded by the Light and Drift Away( John Henry Kurtz not Doby nor Kracker) and the list goes on. Early rock and later southern rock covered a lot of blues songs.
Midnight Special and Cocaine are the only good songs mentioned, but JJ Cale >>>

Loudwire recently conducted a fan-voting-based "March Madness"-style "Greatest Rock Band of All Time" tournament. The championship showdown turned out to be between Led Zeppelin and Metallica. Led Zeppelin won but they're English; therefore, Metallica is the greatest American rock band of all time (per their results). I would agree that Metallica > Skynard

Loudwire Tournament Results

Loudwire recently conducted a fan-voting-based "March Madness"-style "Greatest Rock Band of All Time" tournament. The championship showdown turned out to be between Led Zeppelin and Metallica. Led Zeppelin won but they're English; therefore, Metallica is the greatest American rock band of all time (per their results). I would agree that Metallica > Skynard

Loudwire Tournament Results
Loudwire voters are apparently mostly retarded.

Midnight Special and Cocaine are the only good songs mentioned, but JJ Cale >>>
Most people, and I have been more guilty than most, first hear a song and think it is the original version. It really is not the case in a lot of chart toppers.

Most people, and I have been more guilty than most, first hear a song and think it is the original version. It really is not the case in a lot of chart toppers.
I try to get the story behind the songs I like. I’m sure I can think of others if I try, but off the top of my head, I can only think of 3 covers that I prefer over the original

Love Hurts- Gram Parsons with Emmylou Harris(original Everly Brothers)

You Ain’t Goin Nowhere- The Byrds(original Bob Dylan)

Atlantic City- The Band(original Bruce Springsteen)

"Biased" is probably a more accurate adjective for it... Loudwire is an online magazine for hard rock & metal fans.
Yeah, I don't disagree, but it's more fun to call people retarded.

"Biased" is probably a more accurate adjective for it... Loudwire is an online magazine for hard rock & metal fans.
I just know I’ve heard both versions of Tuesday’s Gone and Skynyrd’s version blows Metallica’s out of the water

1618510644064.png
@outofyourmind - Why do you laugh? It's true. The Band is a Canadian Band. Helm is the only member from the US and they were formed in Toronto.

View attachment 27172
@outofyourmind - Why do you laugh? It's true. The Band is a Canadian Band. Helm is the only member from the US and they were formed in Toronto.

I'm laughing because I didn't even know they were Canadian.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm laughing because I didn't even know they were Canadian.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Gotcha. Same thing happened to me when I found out a few years ago. Then I thought that Helm must have written The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, but he didn't. Robertson did. I was pretty shocked.

Gotcha. Same thing happened to me when I found out a few years ago. Then I thought that Helm must have written The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, but he didn't. Robertson did. I was pretty shocked.

Hell, I always thought they were some back woods Appalachian country fucks.