Madness Monday

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
trying to figure out which app my group does their brackets in...I hate downloading new apps for this stuff.

also that ending the the Players Championship was heartbreaking. Having a putt lip out like that on the final hole...that is brutal.

great win my Scottie, but I was pulling for Wyndam Clark.

trying to figure out which app my group does their brackets in...I hate downloading new apps for this stuff.
Our group uses the NCAA MM Live app FWIW

morning all, weekend was a bust. was going to take Mrs Pnk to a distillery for some drinks and a pizza, but she wasn't feeling well, so we just got pizza delivered

Yesterday went to get sandwich in NE Mpls, on my way out was asked for a jump start. I begrudgingly helped them out and pretended I wasn't annoyed, but they had 2 small kids and it was chilly

Saturday evening Mrs and I went out for sushi. We were finishing up and had paid our tab when we saw a couple that we know come in. We walked maybe 5 feet from our table to talk to them for a few mins. We get back to our table and my Wife says her purse is gone. She had it slung over the back of her chair and poof gone.

I remembered some people walking buy our table headed out so I freaking fly out the front door to chase them down. Come to find our waiter had grabbed her purse thinking we left and forgot it.

Got a lot of work done at the baseball fields on Saturday. Kiddos won best decorated bicycle award in the St. Patrick's Day parade yesterday. 'twas a good weekend.

Saturday evening Mrs and I went out for sushi. We were finishing up and had paid our tab when we saw a couple that we know come in. We walked maybe 5 feet from our table to talk to them for a few mins. We get back to our table and my Wife says her purse is gone. She had it slung over the back of her chair and poof gone.

I remembered some people walking buy our table headed out so I freaking fly out the front door to chase them down. Come to find our waiter had grabbed her purse thinking we left and forgot it.
Didya pull a hammy?

One day off and caught up on yardwork and shit, so no days off.

Pool league? Magic 8 ball says I would sink like a rock

Yes. Something to do in the winter on Monday nights in rural America.

All the small towns around here have a pool league team in their bar/saloon. Basically their team is made up of their local regulars. Sometimes we play home and sometimes away at another small town bar. Could be 8 miles away or 30 miles away.

It's actually not typical '8 ball' rules (gentleman's pool), which I'd rather play.

League has it's own rules like if you scratch your opponent gets "Ball in hand". i.e. They can place the ball anywhere on the table for their next shot.
If you don't hit your object ball, your opponent gets "Ball in hand".
If you miss a shot and neither the Q ball or your object ball hits a rail, then your opponent gets "Ball in hand".
The 8 ball is the final ball for the win though.

It's convoluted but apparently speeds up the games. When you've got 2 teams of 5 guys each shooting 3 games each it can make for a long evening (4 - 5 hrs).

If you win a game you get 10 points and your opponent gets one point for every ball that he makes.
The league rates your overall team (in total points) and ranks you as an individual player (in winning %).

Yes. Something to do in the winter on Monday nights in rural America.

All the small towns around here have a pool league team in their bar/saloon. Basically their team is made up of their local regulars. Sometimes we play home and sometimes away at another small town bar. Could be 8 miles away or 30 miles away.

It's actually not typical '8 ball' rules (gentleman's pool), which I'd rather play.

League has it's own rules like if you scratch your opponent gets "Ball in hand". i.e. They can place the ball anywhere on the table for their next shot.
If you don't hit your object ball, your opponent gets "Ball in hand".
If you miss a shot and neither the Q ball or your object ball hits a rail, then your opponent gets "Ball in hand".
The 8 ball is the final ball for the win though.

It's convoluted but apparently speeds up the games. When you've got 2 teams of 5 guys each shooting 3 games each it can make for a long evening (4 - 5 hrs).

If you win a game you get 10 points and your opponent gets one point for every ball that he makes.
The league rates your overall team (in total points) and ranks you as an individual player (in winning %).
...and you drink some beer. Never forget.

...and you drink some beer. Never forget.

Indeed!! There is also a "Bar Round" when we're home or by the other bar when we're away.

My local dive bar has two teams and we close out the season against each other tonight, so the owner is providing a nice food spread for us.

All the bars provide complimentary snacks like hot dogs, nachos, etc., but he's kicking it up for tonight with beef tenderloin, shrimp, baked potato. :drool:

Deuce had some heartbreak in hockey this weekend, but was redeemed on the sports front during baseball tryouts. Last hockey game tonight and baseball starts next week.

Staying home for spring break next week. Just didn’t have the energy to plan anything with our 1 sports free week in front of us.

Started a new puzzle Saturday night. I got this roll-up mat thing which allows me to take my time. Don’t have to worry about all the little human and animal paws pushing the pieces around.

Deuce had some heartbreak in hockey this weekend, but was redeemed on the sports front during baseball tryouts. Last hockey game tonight and baseball starts next week.

Staying home for spring break next week. Just didn’t have the energy to plan anything with our 1 sports free week in front of us.

Started a new puzzle Saturday night. I got this roll-up mat thing which allows me to take my time. Don’t have to worry about all the little human and animal paws pushing the pieces around.
you gotta up your game and get one of these.