Matt Rhule On NIL Pricing

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,500.00

Rhule claimed the current cost for a portal in the QB is between $1-$2 million in this era of NIL deals. Rhule also said some teams in the country have $6-$7 million players on the roster.

“I think the portal for me is: I either want to get someone with multiple years that is on caliber with the guys we have or someone who is instant impact upgrade. Someone who can make a difference,” said Rhule. “Make no mistake: a good QB in the portal costs $1 million to $1.5 million to $2 million right now, just so we’re on the same page. Let’s make sure we all understand what’s happening. There are some teams that have $6-$7 million players playing for them.”

Now we know why so many QBs have entered the portal.
So who is paying and who is getting 6 to 7mm?

The shit is getting ridiculous. Our local high school has a 5-star defensive end and he point-blank told the other kids at school the reason he picked Tennessee to play for is they offered the most money (not pointing fingers by stating that just showing the mentality of the kids now).

"There are some teams that have $6-$7 million players playing for them.

Arch Manning?

Soon to be Dylan Raiola?

I know Arch isn't a transfer (portal) guy, but Rhule didn't imply that.

Rhule implied the $1 million to $2 million portal QB's cost that much.

Rhule would likely know what Dylan Raiola's NIL is because Dylan's uncle is Nebraska's O-Line coach Donovan Raiola.

Something’s off that a guy who’s probably making $5+ million/year to coach a game because our society values the entertainment value of said game wants to bitch about players wanting to get paid, and getting paid.
Take it to the business page. This is about football.

Something’s off that a guy who’s probably making $5+ million/year to coach a game because our society values the entertainment value of said game wants to bitch about players wanting to get paid, and getting paid.

How is he bitching?

He's just informing us what things are like in the Portal/NIL market.

Arch Manning?

Soon to be Dylan Raiola?

Rhule would likely know what Dylan Raiola's NIL is because Dylan's uncle is Nebraska's O-Line coach Donovan Raiola.
rhule sounds like a bitch the way saban sounded like a bitch last year when he dropped how much Bryce was getting and how Jimbo was paying for players..

I get why they are saying it (basically telling their donors they need money), but naming the price.. trying to make it sound like it's the kids that are in the wrong..yet you have schools buying out coaches for 15-20-76 MILLION

rhule sounds like a bitch the way saban sounded like a bitch last year when he dropped how much Bryce was getting and how Jimbo was paying for players..

I get why they are saying it (basically telling their donors they need money), but naming the price.. trying to make it sound like it's the kids that are in the wrong..yet you have schools buying out coaches for 15-20-76 MILLION

We took what he was saying totally different. To me it's more informational.

Rhule didn't say....

"Now we know why so many QBs have entered the portal.
So who is paying and who is getting 6 to 7mm?
The shit is getting ridiculous. Our local high school has a 5-star defensive end and he point-blank told the other kids at school the reason he picked Tennessee to play for is they offered the most money (not pointing fingers by stating that just showing the mentality of the kids now).
"

@Wild Turkey did.

Arch Manning?

Soon to be Dylan Raiola?

Manning isn’t taking NIL yet.. Family said no NIL until he starts..

6-7 million would probably be Caleb Williams.. I can’t think of anyone else that would get that kind of money. Bear Alexander was a straight mercenary also, so maybe he is up there.. I think that number is maybe a handful of guys and the majority of them are getting national NIL money, which is different from what most people talk about

6-7 million would probably be Caleb Williams.. I can’t think of anyone else that would get that kind of money. Bear Alexander was a straight mercenary also, so maybe he is up there.. I think that number is maybe a handful of guys and the majority of them are getting national NIL money, which is different from what most people talk about
You are a ucking idiot if you don't think Arch is making NIL money. Zero chance he is donating it!

How much do you think Manning could make on the open market right now honestly?

I'm not saying he would and would be blown away if he did but hypothetically what is your number?

Then the big question is what is he going to ask for when he does start? Now the Manning family is unique and they have resources to play the long game so I wouldn't expect him to break the bank but its got to be in the 2mm range.

Now who is worth 6 to 7 million I can't tell you and I would love to know who is getting it but doubt anyone is.

You are a ucking idiot if you don't think Arch is making NIL money. Zero chance he is donating it!
I don't know, his family made a big deal out of making an announcement that he wouldn't take it until he started. I wouldn't be shocked if they kept their word on that.

I don't know, his family made a big deal out of making an announcement that he wouldn't take it until he started. I wouldn't be shocked if they kept their word on that.
So every month when everyone else is getting their NIL payments he is skipping it? Not a chance. He may not have a car deal, but he's getting NIL payments.

How much do you think Manning could make on the open market right now honestly?

I'm not saying he would and would be blown away if he did but hypothetically what is your number?

Then the big question is what is he going to ask for when he does start? Now the Manning family is unique and they have resources to play the long game so I wouldn't expect him to break the bank but its got to be in the 2mm range.

Now who is worth 6 to 7 million I can't tell you and I would love to know who is getting it but doubt anyone is.
I think Manning is different. He would likely get National money. That would put him up over 5 million, that mostly based off his name. Similar to someone like Brony. That money wouldn’t be directly tied to a University though. IF State Farms, Nike, or Coke pay you, that is outside of anything you get through the University

So every month when everyone else is getting their NIL payments he is skipping it? Not a chance. He may not have a car deal, but he's getting NIL payments.
I would readily agree but if it came out he was getting them the backlash would be incredible and it would hit his creditability. Just think about the opposing fanbase memes alone.

He might actually be living up to it because it's the bed he made.

I think @Thiefery saying Rhule is "basically telling their donors they need money" is most accurate.

However, Rhule "bitching" and "making it sound like kids are in the wrong" is way overboard.

I'm not sure how knowledgeable the basic Nebraska fan is about this NIL thing and how they themselves can contribute to the collectives.

I think the typical fan sees Businesses and BMD's footing the bill and not realizing their own $10/month can contribute greatly when combined with other $10 household donations.

There are 863,913 housing units in Nebraska. At $10/month each that's $8.6 million/month or $103 million/year in NIL funds not counting businesses and BMD contributions.

The fact is we're no longer in the BMD $100 handshake era anymore. If you want 'your team' to be competitive going forward it also takes the little guy to pony up what they're comfortable with.

im poor help me GIF

I think @Thiefery saying Rhule is "basically telling their donors they need money" is most accurate.

However, Rhule "bitching" and "making it sound like kids are in the wrong" is way overboard.

I'm not sure how knowledgeable the basic Nebraska fan is about this NIL thing and how they themselves can contribute to the collectives.

I think the typical fan sees Businesses and BMD's footing the bill and not realizing their own $10/month can contribute greatly when combined with other $10 household donations.

There are 863,913 housing units in Nebraska. At $10/month each that's $8.6 million/month or $103 million/year in NIL funds not counting businesses and BMD contributions.

The fact is we're no longer in the BMD $100 handshake era anymore. If you want 'your team' to be competitive going forward it also takes the little guy to pony up what they're comfortable with.

support and buy pipeline jerky

I would readily agree but if it came out he was getting them the backlash would be incredible and it would hit his creditability. Just think about the opposing fanbase memes alone.

He might actually be living up to it because it's the bed he made.
He is a Manning. He doesn’t need the money. They are focused on the bigger picture. They will vett every opportunity that comes his way and make sure it fits with the image they trying to project. He is an exception to this game.

He is a Manning. He doesn’t need the money. They are focused on the bigger picture. They will vett every opportunity that comes his way and make sure it fits with the image they trying to project. He is an exception to this game.
I have a feeling he isn’t very good