Movie Megalopolis (2024)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
Megalopolis is a science fiction film that Francis Ford Coppola has been trying to develop for decades, since 1979. It will release later this year and stars Adam Driver and Giancarlo Esposito as two men battling over their respective visions for a utopian city and Esposito's character's daughter, played by Nathalie Emmanuel. The cast will reportedly also include Jon Voight, Laurence Fishburne, Aubrey Plaza, Shia LaBeouf, and Dustin Hoffman.

First look clip:

Teaser trailer:

I've been following this movies for years, hopefully but low expectations since he hasn't made anything good since Dracula in 1991 and not anything great since Apocalypse Now in 1979.

But the trailer looks promising. I like to stay away from reading the plot but from the brief descriptions of the script that I have read it's an apparently very odd movie and the trailer certainly did not disappoint in that being confirmed. I'm all in for an original well made completely unique weird movie.

It’s impossible for me to have lower expectations for this film.
in an era where most movies have trouble at the box office, the amount of his own money he spent, the negative press this film has received for years, i'm not sure if it'll hit in theaters, but it's going to be a cult film if nothing else.