Messi to MLS

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
It is happening today.

Soooooooo, is Messi dogwalking the MLS a good thing or nah?

Haven't watched a Miami game yet this year because lol @ Leagues Cup, but from all accounts I hear watching him, he's basically just cherrypicking and then scoring at will?

Like, I get that it's going to draw eyes this year, but it's doing nothing to dispel MLS 3.0 "retirement league" shit.

Saw this earlier today. Absurd resale prices for Messi games. Makes me almost wish i was a ticket holder to reap the rewards

Haven't watched a Miami game yet this year because lol @ Leagues Cup, but from all accounts I hear watching him, he's basically just cherrypicking and then scoring at will?

Like, I get that it's going to draw eyes this year, but it's doing nothing to dispel MLS 3.0 "retirement league" shit.
:noidea: But that first walk-off set piece, game-winner was a thing of beauty.

Depends on how much cash influx he actually brings into the league. He's better at his advanced age than all the other older players that have come over so more people might be willing to watch. If that's sustainable and brings in a big cash boost, maybe they'll be able to in turn invest that cash back into the league to get better quality younger players and training staffs (or they'll just pocket the cash because MLS)

It will bring more cash and exposure, but make no mistake, MLS will never be on par with the big European (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga) or South American (Brazil & Argentina) Leagues. It will be roughly like some of the 2nd (or 3rd) tier Euro Leagues. It will be decent, a league for guys just not good enough for the big leagues, a place top players will end their careers, and a stepping stone for U.S., Mexican or South American players to get noticed and swooped up by European clubs.

It will bring more cash and exposure, but make no mistake, MLS will never be on par with the big European (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga) or South American (Brazil & Argentina) Leagues. It will be roughly like some of the 2nd (or 3rd) tier Euro Leagues. It will be decent, a league for guys just not good enough for the big leagues, a place top players will end their careers, and a stepping stone for U.S., Mexican or South American players to get noticed and swooped up by European clubs.
One thing I heard yesterday, is many South American talent, the next step was Mexico, but now that has shifted to MLS. Of course , the best talent still heads to Europe first, but a decent influx of young South American talent heading to USA now.

FYI: did you see what happened in Diego Godin's final match down in Argentina?

Finally catching him in an MLS game, absolutely zero fucking motor when he doesn’t have the ball. Zero pressure on the counter. Zero even movement if the ball isn’t within 10 feet of him. Walking everywhere. Just completely dog-assing it. This doesn’t make MLS look good at all.

Finally catching him in an MLS game, absolutely zero fucking motor when he doesn’t have the ball. Just completely dog-assing it. This doesn’t make MLS look good at all.
This is a silly take.

Messi has always looked disinterested. Until he isn't.

This is a silly take.

Messi has always looked disinterested. Until he isn't.
I mean, I never watched him at PSG, but he never straight up walked for 99% of the game for Barca/Argentina.

Btw when did you become a Bruce Arena soccer brah, brah?

I mean, I never watched him at PSG, but he never straight up walked for 99% of the game for Barca/Argentina.

Btw when did you become a Bruce Arena soccer brah, brah?
Yes he did.

Maybe not 20 years ago, but most definitely in the last decade. I think it's kinda what makes him so special. He knows when to pick it up and when to conserve. Somehow always manages to be in the right space and manages to score plenty still. Will get back on D whenit's needed.

Yes he did.

Maybe not 20 years ago, but most definitely in the last decade. I think it's kinda what makes him so special. He knows when to pick it up and when to conserve. Somehow always manages to be in the right space and manages to score plenty still. Will get back on D whenit's needed.
I guess.

Will watch more Miami games, but the hustle tonight for me was bad. I don’t even think he crossed mid on any Nashville set pieces in their own half of the field.

Don’t get me wrong, when he had the ball or could make a run with the nearest player, it was great, but everything else, woof.

I guess.

Will watch more Miami games, but the hustle tonight for me was bad. I don’t even think he crossed mid on any Nashville set pieces in their own half of the field.

Don’t get me wrong, when he had the ball or could make a run with the nearest player, it was great, but everything else, woof.
Did they win?

Has the air come out of the Messi balloon? Sounds like they have been hiding the seriousness of his injury to keep the money flowing in. Sucks to be a Messi fan and pay a couple grand to see him not knowing if he is really injured or not.

Sucks even more for Messi having Andre Yedlin being your wingback on the right side.

uzfyt7yzmhajovpsq75r

Saw this earlier today. Absurd resale prices for Messi games. Makes me almost wish i was a ticket holder to reap the rewards

Ticket prices have cooled a lot. Im watching a game I’ll be in Miami for and tickets are getting close to what I would pay.