Mid Major Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Always liked giving the Mid Major schools some attention during the season.

Some teams to keep an eye out on:
Chattanooga 7-0
Drake 6-0
Southern Illinois 5-0
Belmont 7-1

Honestly, it'll be difficult to judge which Mid Majors are at-large worthy in a season like this.

For the purposes of this thread, I am not included conferences such as the MTN West, A-10, AAC, as they traditionally are multi-bid leagues.

Intriguing game tonight:
St Mary's(8-1) at San Diego St(4-1) - 9:00 | CBSSN

Drake has won every game by double digits this year. Average MoV of 25

MVC conference play begins today. Drake and Southern Illinois still undefeated.

Drake went to 10-0 with their 10th straight blowout win . They may be legit

Drake to 11-0 with another road win in Terre Haute. Loyola looking really. SIU suffered their first loss

Drake to 11-0 with another road win in Terre Haute. Loyola looking really. SIU suffered their first loss

Solid win for Drake. Imagine how good they'd be with Robbins? Avg 15 and 6 for us in B1G play.

Solid win for Drake. Imagine how good they'd be with Robbins? Avg 15 and 6 for us in B1G play.
Yeah I was kind of surprised he left with how much they had coming back and how good they would've been. Seems like it worked out both ways though. Pretty clear Drake and Loyola are the 2 best teams in the MVC

Yeah I was kind of surprised he left with how much they had coming back and how good they would've been. Seems like it worked out both ways though. Pretty clear Drake and Loyola are the 2 best teams in the MVC

I think the only reason he did was because his uncle is a coach on the Gopher staff, and he could play with his cousin who's a walk on. That alone was one reason why everyone thought he'd get a waiver to play right away. Defensively it's a wash between him and Oturu. Offensively, he isn't as good, but we have more options this year with Gach and Johnson. I was worried about the step up in competition, but he's been really good for us.

I think the only reason he did was because his uncle is a coach on the Gopher staff, and he could play with his cousin who's a walk on. That alone was one reason why everyone thought he'd get a waiver to play right away. Defensively it's a wash between him and Oturu. Offensively, he isn't as good, but we have more options this year with Gach and Johnson. I was worried about the step up in competition, but he's been really good for us.
I was daydreaming today and thinking about how good Iowa would be if Carr was our PG lol. Guy like that makes everything easier

Always liked giving the Mid Major schools some attention during the season.

Some teams to keep an eye out on:
Chattanooga 7-0
Drake 6-0
Southern Illinois 5-0
Belmont 7-1

Honestly, it'll be difficult to judge which Mid Majors are at-large worthy in a season like this.

For the purposes of this thread, I am not included conferences such as the MTN West, A-10, AAC, as they traditionally are multi-bid leagues.

This is definitely the year that they should reward mid major teams who have gaudy records. I think some trad 1-bid leagues should get 2, maybe even 3 teams in.

There's nothing really to say that Creighton is better than a team like Drake this year.

I mean, are they better? Probably, but there's nothing to prove that.

Drake to 12-0 with another 15+ pt win

Some notables amongst Mid Majors in the NET ranking:

#12. Saint Louis
#13. Boise State
#16. Colgate(only 1-1)
#20. Drake
#31. VCU
#39. Winthrop
#40. Colorado State
#41. San Diego State

Surprised to see Drake at 20. I'm guessing their MoV is the reason .

Surprised to see Drake at 20. I'm guessing their MoV is the reason .

That's not part of the criteria this season. It's just "Team Value Index" and Adjusted efficiency. They are 68th in KenPom right now, but that still has some preseason biases included. My guess just based on the games this year, they are probably top 30ish in Adjusted efficiency. Team Value Index from what I gather/think is similar to what the RPI metric would spit out. So essentially this year they just are combining the two. I'm not sure if it's a 50/50 split or if one is weighted more heavily than the other.

Plus Drake is 5-0 in A/N games. That's alot for this early in the year. Hell some teams haven't even play 5 A/N games. @rmilia1

Drake up 20 on SIU. Simply put, impressive. SIU only has 2 losses(one to Drake already) and has beaten Murray State and Butler.

Loyola Ramblers are looking pretty good this year. Should win the Valley.

I'm assuming you were going to finish the Loyola sentence with 'good'.