Mike Tyson

Tyson still would have been at a disadvantage with reach and the great jab Ali had, but the thing he had when D'Amato was alive was head movement. It was all time fantastic. Later on, he was a short armed bullseye
exactly. He moved as he came in. he was faster & stronger than Ali.
Rope a dope wouldn't work with Iron mike in those days. he would just destroy the body.
He was actually a smart fighter when Cus was alive.
The longer away from Cus D'Amato training the dumber he got. That is when he thought (ego) all he needed was his power.
Tysons early years I would have bet big on Iron Mike.
Later in his career I would have bet big on Ali.
Ali wasnt a god with his defense (which would be imperative fighting Tyson)
Ali gets in a Ali-Frasier type fight & the fight ends early.

People like to compare the fight more to like the Foreman fight. Foreman was slow & early Tyson had movement & speed.
I dont feel the fight would be anywhere near the type of fight.

Tyson still would have been at a disadvantage with reach and the great jab Ali had, but the thing he had when D'Amato was alive was head movement. It was all time fantastic. Later on, he was a short armed bullseye
Tyson was always at a disadvantage when it came to the reach of the heavyweights. Didn't stop that angry bitch from knocking most of them out before they even got got loose.

Tyson, when he beat Spinks is really the only version of Tyson that could have KO'd Ali, in my opinion.

Muhammad Ali at least had the decency to admit that even in his prime, Tyson would have knocked his ass out.

Tyson going to fight Jake Paul in July here in Texas.

I don't usually care about boxing, but I will probably watch that. I'm actually betting something happens and the fight doesn't ever get held.

Tyson going to fight Jake Paul in July here in Texas.

I don't usually care about boxing, but I will probably watch that. I'm actually betting something happens and the fight doesn't ever get held.

I expect Tyson to brain hemorrhage from several shots to the side of the head. I thinks it's a pretty dangerous fight for him to take. But I'll watch.

I expect Tyson to brain hemorrhage from several shots to the side of the head. I thinks it's a pretty dangerous fight for him to take. But I'll watch.
Good news. It's supposed to feature 18 oz gloves and huge headgear. I almost can't wait to see the PPV numbers for a glorified sparring match. Hope they sell a lot of "Prime".

Good news. It's supposed to feature 18 oz gloves and huge headgear. I almost can't wait to see the PPV numbers for a glorified sparring match. Hope they sell a lot of "Prime".

I had not yet read that. It won't be worth my time then. I wouldn't watch that for free.

I had not yet read that. It won't be worth my time then. I wouldn't watch that for free.
The fantasy is that we could transport the Mike Tyson from 1986 to now, where he could kick the shit out of an overhyped Internet personality like Jake Paul. But instead it's just playing on nostalgia, and the reality is that Paul wins regardless of outcome because a "big name" deigned to fight him.

The fantasy is that we could transport the Mike Tyson from 1986 to now, where he could kick the shit out of an overhyped Internet personality like Jake Paul. But instead it's just playing on nostalgia, and the reality is that Paul wins regardless of outcome because a "big name" deigned to fight him.

Am I no fun if I point out that Joe and Tyson did not fight each other in the game?

Nintendo needs to hire a Little Mac to fuck both of them up if they want to claim the prediction title. What's Dinklage up to?

Since "Punch-Out!" came up I feel like I have to post these old favourites :laugh: