Mike Tyson

Both in their prime, Ali probably wins in a unanimous decision.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

A prime Mike Tyson vs prime Ali would probably net 10 billion dollars. Every man, woman and child on earth would pay to see it.

lmao at that saying of his. He was a machine. And hell yeah, a fight like that would be worth every penny to watch. I would have to take the day before, the day of and the day after off. Nothing would get done except shoving food and booze in me.

next weeks ppv ...

1600527243082.png

We are going to get a taste of what the Ali/tyson fight would look like....at only 182 pounds though. But their styles ... Adesanya is very much like Ali and Costa is a brutal punisher like tyson.

Ali beat Sonny Liston twice.

Liston was at least as intimidating a fighter as Tyson.
I doubt Tyson would be falling down from a phantom punch. Liston was indebted to some very bad people and he definitely threw the first fight and possibly both.

He was kinda' Tysonesque.

Maybe that's as close as we'll get to Tyson v. Ali. Still, I think Liston took a dive in that fight:

liston was old. He was always slow, but he was even slower by the time he got to fight clay. And then Clay beat him from beginning to end.

Ali brought a hole new thing of actually using the whole ring to boxing.

You could read up on what boxing experts say about that.
But we're comparing the Liston who fought Ali to Iron Mike.

No one was as ferocious and devastating as Mike Tyson. I don't know why that is so hard for some people to admit. (not talking about you)

No one was as ferocious and devastating as Mike Tyson. I don't know why that is so hard for some people to admit. (not talking about you)
I don't think people remember just how bad of a son of a bitch Liston was.

Ali was just that good.

He's the greatest of all time.

I'd like to say Rocky Marciano was, but I can't.

I don't think people remember just how bad of a son of a bitch Liston was.

Ali was just that good.

He's the greatest of all time.

I'd like to say Rocky Marciano was, but I can't.
Yeah, Liston's curve happened at the worst possible time with the ascendency of Ali.

That's why I posted that vid of Liston's early fights. His style looks like Tyson to me. Look how he just squares off and keeps coming...

He was so old for his fight with with Ali, looks nothing like his early fights.

A couple things people arent considering about Mike.
The Young mike when trained by his segregate Father was simply a bad ass.
Sure Liston & Frasier had power.
Mike had power & lighting fast hands. Mike back then moved as he came in. (wasnt easy to hit)
Also Mike could debilitate a fighter with his body blows while you were protecting the head. (especially early rounds, well back then they all were early rounds) I think it gets lost watching all Mikes Vicious KO's how devastating his body punches were.
Now I would give the GOAT (Ali) his just due & say he would have a chance with all his skills to upset Tyson. but as a betting man.
I would bet on Tyson winning that fight long before the final bell. I dont think the young Mike Tyson had weaknesses.

InformalCarefulHuia-size_restricted.gif

I'm watching Ali Frasier right now. Seriously, I forgot how good Frasier was...how quick.

I'm not sure Tyson would beat either of 'em.

I'm watching Ali Frasier right now. Seriously, I forgot how good Frasier was...how quick.

I'm not sure Tyson would beat either of 'em.

Which one? The 1st and 3rd fights were epic. The 2nd one was kinda boring.

And yes, Frasier was an amazing fighter.

Ali beat Sonny Liston twice.

Liston was at least as intimidating a fighter as Tyson.

Tyson was scary when he hit the boxing scene. Foreman was the same. No one thought anyone could beat Big George Foreman.

Ali beat George Foreman when Foreman was in his prime...retired that motherfucker!

Tyson was good for knocking people out in the early rounds. Survive the early rounds and drag him into deep water and you had a chance.

Ali in his prime would have been a good fight with Tyson in his prime. Not sure who would have won but it would have been a good fight to see.

Just the way he fought was so unique

Tyson at his very best, his quickness and power would have been the difference vs Ali IMO. Stylistically, they are such a great matchup that if they fought more than once they would each win their share. The guy Tyson was when he fought Douglas wouldn't last a round.
As to the Roy Jones farce...anyone who buys that is nuts. Trying to knock each other out is NOT allowed lmao. Bigger gloves, a cut ends the fight, no judges lmao. Just a point sparring tap fest. Would get more action at a 9 year olds TKD yellow belt test

Tyson at his very best, his quickness and power would have been the difference vs Ali IMO. Stylistically, they are such a great matchup that if they fought more than once they would each win their share. The guy Tyson was when he fought Douglas wouldn't last a round.
As to the Roy Jones farce...anyone who buys that is nuts. Trying to knock each other out is NOT allowed lmao. Bigger gloves, a cut ends the fight, no judges lmao. Just a point sparring tap fest. Would get more action at a 9 year olds TKD yellow belt test
I think people forget how skilled Tyson was when Cus D'Amato was alive. During that time span I would take Tyson.
Post Cus D'Amato give edge to Ali.
Douglas era Tyson Ali easy.

I think people forget how skilled Tyson was when Cus D'Amato was alive. During that time span I would take Tyson.
Post Cus D'Amato give edge to Ali.
Douglas era Tyson Ali easy.
Tyson still would have been at a disadvantage with reach and the great jab Ali had, but the thing he had when D'Amato was alive was head movement. It was all time fantastic. Later on, he was a short armed bullseye

Pre the Buster Douglas fight I'd put money on Iron Mike. That would be a weird fight though since Mike had a ton of respect for Ali.
Mike made a living out of knocking guys down to size that disrespected him.
You'd have to use one of those MIB memory wipe things on Mike to get him to forget who Ali was.
Ali would say something disrespectful to Mike in a pre fight press conference and then it would be over.
Round One Iron Mike upper cut to Ali and it's over.
I'd like to see the fight just so I can witness bad ass Iron Mike entering the ring to this

That’s pre-Robin Givens Mike. Yeah he was bad