mRNA vaccine against Lymes?

So….. Frontline for humans?

Reactions: ill
There is a kind of tick in the southern US that can make you allergic to meat. Hopefully this vaccine would help that.

Reactions: ill

Fucking hate ticks. Most worthless insect ever.
The science is decidedly still out on mRNA vaccines. COVID has taught us that efficacy is not great and immunity wanes over a relatively short period. Unless the goal is to get a 6 month booster repeatedly, the value is heavily compromised.

This proposed version is only in a guinea pig model, and there would need to be extensive primate clinical data showing that it was protective.

It that shit works on chiggers, I'm in.
o_O

There is a kind of tick in the southern US that can make you allergic to meat. Hopefully this vaccine would help that.
I've met a person or 2 who have been bitten by that tick and couldn't eat red meat after. Very weird.

Lyme disease is caused by ticks that feed on deer. If you do not have a large deer population in or around your area you don’t have much to worry about concerning that. I hate ticks too.

The science is decidedly still out on mRNA vaccines. COVID has taught us that efficacy is not great and immunity wanes over a relatively short period. Unless the goal is to get a 6 month booster repeatedly, the value is heavily compromised.

This proposed version is only in a guinea pig model, and there would need to be extensive primate clinical data showing that it was protective.

o_O
The science is specificity to longevity, you mean? I just wish they would have avoided the word vaccine. Betting the thought was that this is a known term and would get more people in. But it’s pushed many off, too, because it’s not a vaccine as we understand them to be.

I’m sure if you’re in a tick prone area (and this proves out by further testing) most would be fine with a booster as needed to protect.

That's the Lone star tick. Tiny tick, white spot on its back.

I actually have that meat allergy. It's called "alpha galactose syndrome." Diagnosed a bit over a year ago.

The science is specificity to longevity, you mean? I just wish they would have avoided the word vaccine. Betting the thought was that this is a known term and would get more people in. But it’s pushed many off, too, because it’s not a vaccine as we understand them to be.

I’m sure if you’re in a tick prone area (and this proves out by further testing) most would be fine with a booster as needed to protect.
The goal for proponents of this technology is to shift the paradigm to making us comfortable with such products in the same way that we have an annual flu shot. It’s widely acknowledged that previous versions aren’t going to be effective in providing any meaningful statistical immunity against emerging or future strains.

That it’s more of a “gene therapy” product than a traditional vaccine shouldn’t really matter, as long as the side effects are at least comparable and it provides protectiveness against the target antigen. COVID-19 vaccines have failed in that there’s little faith in the messaging; to many, the guidance seems weak and made up on the fly. Maybe it’s hysteria over the pandemic. If the users thought an mRNA vaccine was highly protective anyway, regardless of the need for regular boosters or continued alternative measures (e.g. masks, bug spray, etc.), then perhaps they’d be more convincing.