mRNA vaccine against Lymes?

The goal for proponents of this technology is to shift the paradigm to making us comfortable with such products in the same way that we have an annual flu shot. It’s widely acknowledged that previous versions aren’t going to be effective in providing any meaningful statistical immunity against emerging or future strains.

That it’s more of a “gene therapy” product than a traditional vaccine shouldn’t really matter, as long as the side effects are at least comparable and it provides protectiveness against the target antigen. COVID-19 vaccines have failed in that there’s little faith in the messaging; to many, the guidance seems weak and made up on the fly. Maybe it’s hysteria over the pandemic. If the users thought an mRNA vaccine was highly protective anyway, regardless of the need for regular boosters or continued alternative measures (e.g. masks, bug spray, etc.), then perhaps they’d be more convincing.
I think it's more that it was promoted as a vaccine when a lot of us only know of "vaccine" in one kind of light in which it gives you a bulletproof vest against that disease when instead it is more like the flu vaccine, which keeps you from getting really ill from the virus.

meanwhile, there is work being done to find a longer term solution to both COVID and Lymes Disease.

That's the Lone star tick. Tiny tick, white spot on its back.

I actually have that meat allergy. It's called "alpha galactose syndrome." Diagnosed a bit over a year ago.
That sucks.

I think it's more that it was promoted as a vaccine when a lot of us only know of "vaccine" in one kind of light in which it gives you a bulletproof vest against that disease when instead it is more like the flu vaccine, which keeps you from getting really ill from the virus.

meanwhile, there is work being done to find a longer term solution to both COVID and Lymes Disease.
That’s what I mean- we’re hearing on the one hand that the COVID vaccines are bulletproof, but also that there are breakthrough infections, that people can be carriers and that we still need to wear masks, etc. It’s terrible branding, since the only comparative should ever be versus the mortality borne from the disease itself.

mRNA vaccines can be the future, if we change the mindset. They are cheaper and faster to produce. We’re just presently locked into a pandemic mindset, where clinical data doesn’t matter too much. Perhaps soon, we’ll see one or more of those traditional vaccines (e.g. Sinovac / Sinopharm) and people can see the comparison.

That’s what I mean- we’re hearing on the one hand that the COVID vaccines are bulletproof, but also that there are breakthrough infections, that people can be carriers and that we still need to wear masks, etc. It’s terrible branding, since the only comparative should ever be versus the mortality borne from the disease itself.

mRNA vaccines can be the future, if we change the mindset. They are cheaper and faster to produce. We’re just presently locked into a pandemic mindset, where clinical data doesn’t matter too much. Perhaps soon, we’ll see one or more of those traditional vaccines (e.g. Sinovac / Sinopharm) and people can see the comparison.
no one is saying the COVID vaccines are bulletproof

but they certainly help things and keep those who get COVID after being vaccinated from becoming really ill and dying

no one is saying the COVID vaccines are bulletproof

but they certainly help things and keep those who get COVID after being vaccinated from becoming really ill and dying
Sure they are. We have elected officials pitching them as the difference between life and death, work or quarantine, school or no school. It’s the same sort of bullshit narrative, like society will be magically protected, as soon as we reach some certain percentage vaccinated, similar to the whacko logic that said cloth masks were ‘kinda protective’. (That people are being told to wear masks anyway, when everyone is vaccinated, is telling.)

From the beginning, officials should have been lowering expectations. Instead, we got a bunch of fearmongering and playing politics.

Sure they are. We have elected officials pitching them as the difference between life and death, work or quarantine, school or no school. It’s the same sort of bullshit narrative, like society will be magically protected, as soon as we reach some certain percentage vaccinated, similar to the whacko logic that said cloth masks were ‘kinda protective’. (That people are being told to wear masks anyway, when everyone is vaccinated, is telling.)

From the beginning, officials should have been lowering expectations. Instead, we got a bunch of fearmongering and playing politics.
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

That's the Lone star tick. Tiny tick, white spot on its back.

I actually have that meat allergy. It's called "alpha galactose syndrome." Diagnosed a bit over a year ago.
I had on inbedded on my foot 5 years ago or so. After I identified the tick, I had the entire spectrum tested for. No infection but still have a small scar in the place the tick inbedded.

Just give us the info, not orders

BTW, getting boosted next week. In for a dime in for a dollar.

We've had some mild winters which make the ticks spawn much easier. They were all over my dogs. We would find them in our house, in the beds, even in the laundry. I had enough, for the last 3 years I've sprayed the wood behind my house with Sevin liquid pesticide 2 time a summer. No more ticks!!!

No ants either!!!

Just give us the info, not orders

BTW, getting boosted next week. In for a dime in for a dollar.
I’m glad you’re following the pseudo-guidance to get the 3rd dose, indicated or not by your co-morbidity, possibly referred by your doctor, not well-studied in a clinical trial, and possibly manufactured by a different company than made your first two doses…

Hope all goes well. ;)

I’m glad you’re following the pseudo-guidance to get the 3rd dose, indicated or not by your co-morbidity, possibly referred by your doctor, not well-studied in a clinical trial, and possibly manufactured by a different company than made your first two doses…

Hope all goes well. ;)

Amazingly, I made my own choice before mandates, etc. Mortality rates at my age made the decision easy. Once the first decision was made, I see no reason to rehash my research. In for a dime, in for a dollar. Besides, F&L said it was OK.

Also, I turned down the mix and match and waited for my original dope to come on stock. We are back to almost hot spot level in my area. Getting my flu shot, too. The goal is to improve the odds not go for a money back guarantee.

Amazingly, I made my own choice before mandates, etc. Mortality rates at my age made the decision easy. Once the first decision was made, I see no reason to rehash my research. In for a dime, in for a dollar. Besides, F&L said it was OK.

Also, I turned down the mix and match and waited for my original dope to come on stock. We are back to almost hot spot level in my area. Getting my flu shot, too. The goal is to improve the odds not go for a money back guarantee.
Well, if F&L said it, then it must almost be true.

I’m pleased you’re taking this health thing seriously. After you go, I get your watch, right?

I had on inbedded on my foot 5 years ago or so. After I identified the tick, I had the entire spectrum tested for. No infection but still have a small scar in the place the tick inbedded.
Yes, just like not all deer tick carry Lyme, not all Lone Star carry AGS.

Had one on my scrotum once. Almost impossible to get them out because of the sponginess of the flesh.

I know that was gross but I figured if there is anyone who could appreciate it they would be here.

Had one on my scrotum once. Almost impossible to get them out because of the sponginess of the flesh.

I know that was gross but I figured if there is anyone who could appreciate it they would be here.
Got one on the head of my dick years back.