National Electric Highway Coalition plans coast-to-coast, EV-charging network

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00

More than 50 U.S. power companies have joined forces to build a coast-to-coast fast charging network for electric vehicles along major U.S. travel corridors by the end of 2023.

The National Electric Highway Coalition was announced today by the Edison Electric Institute. Fifty EEI members; the Tennessee Valley Authority; and Midwest Energy Inc., a Kansas-based electric cooperative, make up the coalition. It also combines two existing EV charging groups formed in the Midwest and in Southern and Eastern coastal states, the Electric Highway Coalition and the Midwest Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Collaboration.

Gonna need to add a few days to yourn family vacations.

not necessarily if you do it right.

stop for a bite, let your car sit on a supercharger for a few minutes to top it off...then when you stop for the night, plug it in and get a full charge. It just adds a little more responsibility to the driver to ensure they don't go dead.

• Most drivers top up charge rather than waiting for their battery to recharge from empty-to-full.
  • For many electric cars, you can add up to 100 miles of range in ~35 minutes with a 50kW rapid charger.

not necessarily if you do it right.

stop for a bite, let your car sit on a supercharger for a few minutes to top it off...then when you stop for the night, plug it in and get a full charge. It just adds a little more responsibility to the driver to ensure they don't go dead.

• Most drivers top up charge rather than waiting for their battery to recharge from empty-to-full.
  • For many electric cars, you can add up to 100 miles of range in ~35 minutes with a 50kW rapid charger.

I admit I haven't gotten deep into due-diligence on it.

My big questions would be regarding interstate travel as opposed to driving around the city stuff. I see no problem there.

I question how someone can pull a boat or camper with this stuff?

I admit I haven't gotten deep into due-diligence on it.

My big questions would be regarding interstate travel as opposed to driving around the city stuff. I see no problem there.

I question how someone can pull a boat or camper with this stuff?
the new F150 claims it can handle towing as much as a gas F150, but I think they are still working on making that better. Obviously it affects the charge and you won't get as many miles out of it, but that is the same for a gas engine as well.

the new F150 claims it can handle towing as much as a gas F150, but I think they are still working on making that better. Obviously it affects the charge and you won't get as many miles out of it, but that is the same for a gas engine as well.

We shall see.

I do expect technology to make great improvements as time goes on. It already has.

We shall see.

I do expect technology to make great improvements as time goes on. It already has.
it's definitely a growing industry and as the infrastructure grows around it, they will learn how to make the vehicles better and better, which is the goal.

but that won't stop others from moving the goalposts as to why they don't think electric cars are viable.

What happens when you forget to charge it and you are left on the side of the road.
Does someone bring you a 'quick charge', like they would gasoline??

What happens when you forget to charge it and you are left on the side of the road.
you get a tow truck

I wonder if another EV could give you a 'jump' to at least get you up and running for a few miles.
it would take more than a jump since the electric isn't just aiding the mechanical engine, it runs it.

AAA invested in charging trucks back in 2011 when EVs were starting off but they weren't used often and I think mostly retired. If they can invest in some supercharger loaded tow trucks, it might be nice if there is one nearby.

but if you are dumb enough to run out of gas in a car, maybe an EV isn't for you.

AAA invested in charging trucks back in 2011 when EVs were starting off but they weren't used often and I think mostly retired
This is the part I was wondering about.

This is the part I was wondering about.
I am sure there is a solution out there, but unless auto garages are updating their tow trucks, I am not sure what options are out there...again it's kind of an infrastructure thing.

I like how the EV wingnuts use a word to describe their group that starts with "coal"alition.
You consider yourself fortunate that your little POS battery car didn't burn to the ground.

Why Tesla Cars Catch on Fire

Sit by a gas station along the Interstate some time. Give yourself say, 30-40 minutes to make note of the number of vehicles that fill up over that time.

Then remember that each charging station can get one vehicle another 100 miles of range during that time frame. While each pump can get one vehicle every 2-3 minutes another 300-400.

None of this is practical beyond short commutes. That won’t be changing for a very long time.

I don't really have a problem with electric cars as long as we stop subsidizing them and we start making their owners make a contribution to the upkeep of our roads and bridges. They should be forced to pay for any infrastructure upgrades (such as the equipment noted in the OP) on their own through tax surcharges

I could've guessed in one try that fruitcake OP would be all-in on electric cars, like the good little retarded sheep that he is.

One of the bigger "Fuck yous" ever pulled against citizens. Here's half the car for twice the price, while giving even more power and control to China, under the bullshit guise of it being greener.

My neighbor took the family on a vacation to Texas. They took a round about way to include Disney and the Grand Canyon. Both of their cars are Tesla's. I spoke to him prior to leaving asking him if he had any reservations in not renting a gas powered car for the trip and then I asked if he was at all concerned about driving a Tesla with California platers deep into Texas( Dallas-FT Worth area). Anyway to cut to the end once back he stated they had no problems with getting a charge when needed( a little planning ahead seemed to be the key with that) and with the locals. He states no problems

Reactions: ill
My neighbor took the family on a vacation to Texas. They took a round about way to include Disney and the Grand Canyon. Both of their cars are Tesla's. I spoke to him prior to leaving asking him if he had any reservations in not renting a gas powered car for the trip and then I asked if he was at all concerned about driving a Tesla with California platers deep into Texas( Dallas-FT Worth area). Anyway to cut to the end once back he stated they had no problems with getting a charge when needed( a little planning ahead seemed to be the key with that) and with the locals. He states no problems
Congrats on yer neighbor coming out of the closet.